shape
carat
color
clarity

Critique this diamond please!

abcunnin

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I've been posting a bit about searching for a diamond, but I have kept my eye on good deals from private sellers, just in case. This ring is advertised in my area and I have the GIA certificate, attached below. I know this isn't all the info you would need to judge, but does anyone see any red flags as of yet? What do you think? What other info do I need?

The ring is not in the type of metal I would want (white goal instead of platinum, and it is the wrong size). But, I think I could get it re-sized pretty reasonably (down 1.5 sizes) and just get a new setting down the road.

Attachments

• GIA cert.pdf
    120 KB · Views: 68

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
old gia report missing c/p, lgf
the overly thick girdle will be unsightly and is causing the stone to face up 0.25mm smaller than a well-proportioned 1ct

abcunnin

Rough_Rock
Thanks,

I noticed that. I found this info on GIA,but I already think it's not a very good diamond in terms of the parameters I care about.

Crown Angle: 39.0°
Crown Height: 17.0%
Pavilion Angle: 40.6°
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
Star length: /td> 50%
Lower Half: 85%/td>
Cut Grade: Good

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:sick:

didn't realise report check could be used for older certs though, that's nice to know

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie said:
:sick:

didn't realise report check could be used for older certs though, that's nice to know

Only for stones after June 2005 I believe as it is only then that GIA started scanning those info and by Dec they have the cut grade out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results