shape
carat
color
clarity

Creative and Crazy Cakes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Scrabble anyone??

scrabblecakesocute.JPG

everlong_x

Shiny_Rock
This has ALWAYS been a cake that makes me laugh.

supermariocake1.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
That Mario cake is a hoot! Better not let FI see it or he''ll start wanting a cake based on Halo or Grand Theft Auto. I can just see myself now: "No sweetie, I don''t really want a cake featuring thugs and car jackings!"

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 1:20:11 AM
Author: EricaR
That Mario cake is a hoot! Better not let FI see it or he''ll start wanting a cake based on Halo or Grand Theft Auto. I can just see myself now: ''No sweetie, I don''t really want a cake featuring thugs and car jackings!''
Ahahahaha, my FSIL would want some sort of Guitar Hero or Samarai cake.
20.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay. I love those. So well done and executed! And so much personality!!

My MOH is doing chocolate rats as her cake. Or is it mice... and does it matter?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 3:11:28 AM
Author: Gypsy

My MOH is doing chocolate rats as her cake. Or is it mice... and does it matter?
Buahahahahaha, OMG, I actually snorted on that one....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 3:36:14 AM
Author: miraclesrule

Date: 7/4/2008 3:11:28 AM
Author: Gypsy

Buahahahahaha, OMG, I actually snorted on that one....
Yeah. It's a long story but that's the punchline. She had a wicked gleam in her eyes when she described what she's planning so I know she's loving the anticipation of people's reactions. I think one of the cakes is gonna be a bride mouse, the other a groom mouse and the guests are all getting individual mice.
9.gif
Or are they rats? LOL.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
My FF wants a world of warcraft themed grooms cake.....

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found one too! Here it is! It''s the corpses bride cake! Oh, I found the perfect couple that would use it ( I took pictures of this car in downtown houston! Its insane! Do you think their cake would match this one?

the corposes bride2.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Is that Corpse Bride or the Nightmare Before Christmas?

Haha, I would actually love that cake, just not for a wedding. Nightmare is one of my all-time favourite movies.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Car last view

Do you think I found their cake?

Imported Photos 00051 - Copy.JPG

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/4/2008 10:36:51 AM
Author: princesss
Is that Corpse Bride or the Nightmare Before Christmas?

Haha, I would actually love that cake, just not for a wedding. Nightmare is one of my all-time favourite movies.
The car is a cross between them both. I believe they are made by the same company.
The cake however, is the Corpse bride. Same type of drawings though, just different movies.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s actually a Nightmare cake. Sorry, I know I''m being picky on something totally stupid, but it''s Jack and Sally on top of the cake.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
This one is kinda funny. I really want to know a couple that has such a strong personality that cakes like these would suit them (okay, maybe not the Mario cake).

Cake

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 10:47:08 AM
I think it''s actually a Nightmare cake. Sorry, I know I''m being picky on something totally stupid, but it''s Jack and Sally on top of the cake.
Princess is right, here are pics from the two movies (Corpse Bride on the left, Nightmare Before Christmas on the right). The car is Nightmare before Christmas, too.

The curly mountain was the tip-off for me
2.gif

corpse_bride_01-711357.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Do I sense another Tim Burton fan?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 11:21:17 AM
Do I sense another Tim Burton fan?
Haha! Actually, no, I''ve never even seen the corpse bride! I just happened to recognize the curly hill from NBC.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I googled the cake after I saw it in here, and according to the Flickr stream the bride made it herself! *That''s* talent!

Oh, and those cakes from Mikes are fantastic. What fun!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Some of those cakes are great! FI would LOVE the super-heroes one.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
My sister''s baby shower cake, an exact replica of her Coach Lily by Sugar Cat Cakes in Dallas.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
And by itself - it was delicious!

original.aspx

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/4/2008 10:47:08 AM
LOL, your right. Deerrr...I didn''t look at the cake when I posted it. For some reason I thought it was the corpse bride cake when i saved it and didn''t even give it a second thought! I think Jack should have been my first clue seeings how in the Coprse bride the mans a human and the womens the skeleton!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha, I''ve done that. Just remembered something a certain way without even thinking about it.

It''s really an incredible cake.

Dangit. Now I want cake.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
OMG!! A Coach bag cake!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

That''s creative...

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I love the Mario cake. DH would''ve love it too.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 11:29:58 AM
Author: musey
Here are some of my favorites from Mike's Amazing Cakes in Seattle!
23.gif

Those are incredible! Too pretty to eat!

I was just looking around for some and found one I think my other half would LOVE (and maybe no one else here will understand?): a Terry Pratchett Discworld cake!
6.gif
I totally didn't think it was for real but here is the step-by-step to make it yourself--insanity: Discworld Cake

discworldweddingcake.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
That Discworld cake is amazing!!!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I was at the tailor the other day and there was a guy there getting a really cool suit made. The tailor has one of those 1940''s style shops (he buys old patterns from ebay even). Anyways his suit was black with a thick white stripe... etc. And the tailor said they were having a nightmare before xmas wedding. He was making the girl''s dress too, he said it was going to be wild looking.

Sounded neat actually.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results