shape
carat
color
clarity

Crazy or not crazy ?

Is this crazy or brilliant?

• 1. Crazy. It’s just crazy.

Votes: 28 53.8%
  • 2. Not sure. It could be brilliant or crazy. Hmmm.

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 3. Ugh, another reality show appealing to the lowest of the lows.

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • 4. It’s brilliant. She gets a baby without the complications of a romantic partner.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CF3C79BC-0197-41DE-BA9E-5031AA402D23.jpeg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crazy for fame. I will only watch this if the millennials in my life watch it (it’s fun to discuss silly things with them). But seriously, these people who compete on these shows are seeking fame and could surely find someone in real life without the cameras. Smh...but I am bored with the ‘Ro ‘Ro SIP, so maybe I’ll take a gander at it, like we did with Tiger King. :lol:

ETA your Bitmoji is beautiful just like you @missy

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ick. Just ick.

Want to be a mother? Wonderful. Consider ivf or adopt and do it privately.

This is.... Really gross to me.

I was thinking the same thing, it's called IVF or a sperm donor, to have many people that sign up for the usual bad taste reality shows is bad enough, but this..... just to be a sperm donor that gets TV time is :sick:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just what society needs... Yet another thing showing that men are only around to make babies and don't matter otherwise. Family, a solid marriage, love just don't matter. Who will make a cute baby? Disgusting trash who came up with this should be fired.

So glad I cancelled our cable years ago. I refuse to support this sort of nasty thing.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#4 sums up why this makes no sense to me.... a partner, a true partner, is a benefit in parenting. Having a baby with the wrong person (anyone from the wrong match to a terrible person) can be difficult/miserable/binding. Having a child via a donor or adoption would offer the freedom to raise the child and live her life entirely as she sees fit, without having to negotiate every step with someone with whom she may not be on the same (or similar) page. This show seems to be all about finding the 'right' DNA, not the right partner, so I feel like she'll be setting herself up for a lot of potential grief... unless the men have signed away their rights to the child.

Last edited:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ick. Just ick.

Want to be a mother? Wonderful. Consider ivf or adopt and do it privately.

This is.... Really gross to me.

Most don't even need IVF, just IUI. I have a few friends who have done it. This whole "concept" is just WRONG.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gross. Lowest of the lows.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Will the men be on the hook for child support?
What happens in the future when the child wants to find their bio father?
How will the kid feel about this? Yikes

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vile and abhorent. Just when I thought ‘reality TV’ couldn’t get any more trashy, this is really plumbing the depths.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
This is what I would say to her. First, CAH-RAZY.
Listen, sex is great, if you want to have tons of sex with multiple partners? Cool. I won't judge. I don't want details, but I won't judge.
The problem I'm having is this is specifically to bring another life into this world; a sentient being who is going to wonder who they are, where they come from and how they came to be. Do you really want to explain to your beautiful baby that they were fodder for a reality show where you were boned by a team of men partaking in a pregnancy gauntlet and you're not even sure who 'won'?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
in this era who's surprised? Not me but I find it disgusting and negates the whole reason WHY I had kids.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL I agree, it's GROSS and these people do seem to lack a moral compass. The first thing I thought was why not just go to a sperm bank for an anonymous donor??? Or better yet adopt! So many kids need a good home with a loving parent(s).

It's hard to fathom a show like this exists and look at who the host is. She played the prim and proper girlfriend on "Sex and the City".

Like @Bayek I shudder to think of our kids watching shows like this. Like @joelly I feel sorry for the poor kid that comes from this union. An innocent babe.

unless the men have signed away their rights to the child.

Even if these men do sign their rights away anything can be contested so who knows how it would go if they decide they want their rights back to be a father to this child.

But now a second question if I may...

Will any of you watch this show?

I know @TooPatient won't and I am guessing many of you won't but is there anyone who will just because they are curious?

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I might watch it once, just to see how they're competing. Are they going for intellect, charm, looks? But it will be only once.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Would never watch this trash.
I will feel so sorry for the child if she actually gets pregnant.

She may be pretty but she is crazy, and not in the good way.
More like the hollywood mothers that milk their young crazy.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Hahaaaaaaaa, I just realized that they are competing for one to do the deed.
I thought it was going to be a free for all.
I swear, quarantine is making me even more squirrelly than I already am.
Still grossly cheapens it beyond measure.
I don't have regular cable in any event, but will I watch it when it gets to Netflix in ten years? Probably not unless that poor kid is writing opinion pieces about their progenitors.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s in poor taste. Are networks so desperate for show ideas that this got the green light?
Plenty of women, for various reasons, seek the assistance of sperm donation to realise their dream and desire to have a child but to make a reality TV show about it?
In 10 years time does said conceived child watch the series and see the rationale (if you can call it that) behind the selection of “Dad”? Will the show be providing ongoing funds for the therapy that this child might require as a consequence of their conception being a TV show?
While every child deserves the love and support of both parents, the reality is many are raised by single parents or different “other” partners. And that’s fine, it’s life. However It’s extremely distasteful and disrespectful to create a reality TV show on it.
Let’s have a show on organ donation. Let’s get 10 people desperate for a life saving kidney donation and have the Donor set tasks etc to chose who to donate their kidney to. Let’s watch the agony and the efforts of these desperate people vie for a second chance at life. Along the way some might die or get kicked off during the dialysis ticket gifting ceremony and all us viewers can cry or cheer for a favourite donee.
And at the end when the Donor decides after all that no one was up to receiving the kidney we can share in the despair and disappointment.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so disgusting that television producers consider this kind of thing to be entertainment. Others are correct; if a child is born of this experiment, who will care for his/her mental health and well-being? Much of reality television is exploiting human behavior but this goes beyond the pale.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Let’s have a show on organ donation. Let’s get 10 people desperate for a life saving kidney donation and have the Donor set tasks etc to chose who to donate their kidney to. Let’s watch the agony and the efforts of these desperate people vie for a second chance at life. Along the way some might die or get kicked off during the dialysis ticket gifting ceremony and all us viewers can cry or cheer for a favourite donee.
And at the end when the Donor decides after all that no one was up to receiving the kidney we can share in the despair and disappointment.

There we go! Gets one nostalgic for the Roman coliseum, doesn't it?

Last edited:

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
But her psychic led her to doing this!

:roll:

Seriously, though......this is entirely about everything except what having or raising a child actually should be about. I'm already devastated for that child.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
It’s in poor taste. Are networks so desperate for show ideas that this got the green light?
Plenty of women, for various reasons, seek the assistance of sperm donation to realise their dream and desire to have a child but to make a reality TV show about it?
In 10 years time does said conceived child watch the series and see the rationale (if you can call it that) behind the selection of “Dad”? Will the show be providing ongoing funds for the therapy that this child might require as a consequence of their conception being a TV show?
While every child deserves the love and support of both parents, the reality is many are raised by single parents or different “other” partners. And that’s fine, it’s life. However It’s extremely distasteful and disrespectful to create a reality TV show on it.

Bron,let's Not give them any ideas please lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results