shape
carat
color
clarity

Craziest proposal I have ever read!

TheyCall

Rough_Rock
http://www.glamour.com/weddings/blogs/save-the-date/2010/06/a-proposal-story-this-girlfrie.html

That is the link, here is the story. I meant Craziest in the best way possible - Like "OMG, where did she find such a romantic" crazy.

A Proposal Story: This Girlfriend Had to Crack Codes and Fly on a Helicopter to Get Engaged

This tale takes scavenger hunts to a whole new level. I’ll let the bride-to-be, Kate from Australia, tell the story that had her on foot, on a bus, at sea, and in the air.

“I once gave a tile to James as a gift that said, ‘My adventure is about to begin.’ It summed up the changes in our lives and later became the inspiration for his sneaky proposal plan.

One morning, I awoke to a cryptic text message from a 'Wise Old Owl' which set me off on hours of treasure-hunting. First, I found balloons with a key at my front door. These led me to puzzles in our apartment. Word searches and a CD where I had to use the titles and artists to break a code (I love a good puzzle!) had me searching for more clues throughout our place (one was even in the freezer!). The last clue told me to pack a bag, to leave it in the apartment, and to catch the 9:22am ferry into Sydney.

On the walk to the ferry, there were countless signs, chalk arrows, and red balloons tied to fence posts. People walking up from the ferry kept asking, ‘Who's Kate? What adventure?!’ When I finally got to the wharf, it was covered with quotes from my favorite books. By now, I was crying. When I got inside the ferry, I received another message from the Wise Old Owl, telling me that there was another clue attached to a balloon inside. Inside this clue were Polaroids of city landmarks, places I had to search further!

More green signs guided me to a fancy safety deposit box facility. I used my key from that morning to open a box with an iPod shuffle loaded with songs by one of my favorite artists, a boarding pass, and instructions to walk to a hotel to pick up my packed bag from this morning.

At the hotel, I asked for my bag, which emerged attached to balloons and another clue. It said to tear up my previous boarding pass and use another one to fly to an island!

When I arrived, a woman took me on a bus to a helipad where I got on a helicopter, despite the pilot giving me no clues as to our final destination. We left the island and landed on a tiny beach with huts and a massive message in the sand reading, 'Adventure.'

As I got off the helicopter, I received another clue that told me to keep following the signs. I went down to the beach where I saw a boat approach me. The captain called out, 'Hi Kate!' and told me to get on board.

We zoomed away from the resort, and even though we were in pristine bushland, large 'Kate's Adventure' signs were roped around rocks and trees all along the way! As we pulled into a beach, the captain told me to stand up at the bow.

James was waiting there with champagne on ice and a cheese plate. On the beach in the middle of nowhere, he asked me to marry him.”

I recommend going to the link and looking at the photos!! He had signs MADE or at least they look like it!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that''s amazing! He must have a lot of money to be able to do all of that... swoon
30.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results