shape
carat
color
clarity

Cracked Stone ;( ;(

deniseny73

Rough_Rock
I lost a .50 carat trillion stone in my ring. About a month ago I had it repaired. Today was the first time I cleaned and steamed the stone. I thought it was odd that my stone appeared to be foggy. When I got to the office I noticed with the polishing cloth the new stone is chipped and it still appears to have a foggy look on the end. I am heart broken. I called the place I had the work done and they told me bring it in and they will look by diamonds can chip. It is chipped right by the prong. I have not banged that section in any manner. My main stone sits way higher and would be nearly impossible to hit the ring on that spot. I am afraid they will say there is nothing I can do. Any advice before I go??? The prong is not scratched or anything near the crack.................

Advice please as payments are still being made on the original ring and now the new stone is being paid off. I had every intention on buying insurance this time around.... help

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry honey. If you think they did it then you can ask them how they plan to rectify the problem but if its been a couple
of weeks then it easily could have happened in your care (that's what they'll say). Is this the place where you bought the ring?
That might give you some leverage since you are still paying on it.

deniseny73

Rough_Rock
My thoughts are that they cracked stone when setting it and it was mostly under the prong. When I cleaned it today, I feel it expanded. I have not hit it on anything but I doubt they will replace it. We will see. I did not buy the original ring from this location but bought the new side stone from this location. Before repair was done, I had never had issues cleaning my ring or any marks. I know it was the stone. The crack stems from prong and there are no marks on prongs. I have been taking the ring off at night and whenever doing anything in my home so I am really just wearing it at work. I am paying off the stone via my credit card. Is there any benefits with that??????????????? Can credit card help at all?

deniseny73

Rough_Rock
OK - so very upset about my chip. The jeweler told me I must have done it. I took it to another jeweler based on examination felt they chipped it when setting the stone. This issue brought about a new problem that I hadn't seen when I got the diamond. There is a very visible large cloud within the diamond. I HATE IT. Does that make this a stone with a clarity of an I? The other jeweler clearly saw it as well. This jeweler was supposed to find me a good match which included clarity and color. If my other stone is vs/s1 and no damage can be observed, isn't it wrong that I have such a visible inclusion? It is making me very upset. This is a trillion and it is about 1/2 carat. I paid $1600 for stone and new prongs and polishing. What can I do? They were supposed to match and now it is a stand out eye sore. When the ring is looked at in certain directions, it is not clear but to me it is taking up a good portion of stone. It is really upsetting that I am having so many issues with this stone.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh, sorry to hear this!!!

olympia776

Rough_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear this! I'm currently having my ring fixed at the moment. I took it to single stone who came highly recommended. Based on the recent thread today on fixing chips I think I might be overpaying quite a bit but i'm ultimately alright with it because I really trust them, they do it in house, etc. If this place feels that they're not responsible then I'd think about taking it elsewhere possibly to one of the vendors on here. Best of luck!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
olympia776|1320715296|3056491 said:
I'm so sorry to hear this! I'm currently having my ring fixed at the moment. I took it to single stone who came highly recommended. Based on the recent thread today on fixing chips I think I might be overpaying quite a bit but i'm ultimately alright with it because I really trust them, they do it in house, etc. If this place feels that they're not responsible then I'd think about taking it elsewhere possibly to one of the vendors on here. Best of luck!

I'm thinking that the very reasonable price for the recutting of the JA stone, may have been because the diamond was purchased through them. Many PS vendors will try to support their customers after the sale especially when the piece is still under the warranty period, even though the damage was caused by the customer it sounds as though JA was willing to recut the diamond at cost. Single Stone is very reputable as well and I don't think it's unusual to pay $300 a ct or so if I remember correctly.

Sorry for the slight thread jack denise. I really hope that things work out for you and your stone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results