shape
carat
color
clarity

Covid vaccine and your menstruation cycle

Did your menstruation cycle change after your vaccine?

• A. Yes

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 68.0%

• Total voters

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes.... I’ll be not in this year category as I’m under 50 & no health problems.

In the meantime we just have to keep our distance from everyone else to ensure our own safety

im afraid i do not trust one single person whome i dont live with when it comes to covid especially with things like this in the news

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
1st vaccine 2 weeks ago and now I'm late by 5 days. I finally took a pregnancy test because I was starting to genuinely be worried but luckily it was negative. I have 2 toddler boys already, I might not survive another boy in this house! LOL!

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
This ship sailed for me awhile ago but I will say my hot flashes have returned with a vengeance. I've had bad flashes in the past but since I got vaccinated, I wake up sweaty. Like my forehead and hair are wet.

My daughter's cycle was late for 2 weeks post vaccine. She attributed it to stress. Odd timing for sure.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Five days late. I'm irregular due to perimenopause, but usually when my period is late, the symptoms are also late. My symptoms arrived on time, but my period came late.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my second vaccine a week ago. That’s three weeks vaccinated. My period is over a week late. My tubes are tied.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have just voted yes in this poll. I had my first Jab last Thursday afternoon & my period was due the next day, give or take a couple of days. Well it turned up that night, which was fine.

But it was slightly heavier than usual, which I didn’t think possible given my bleeding disorder. It was pretty gross & there were LOTS of large clots. I finished on Tuesday.

Then mid-morning today, Thursday, more fresh blood appeared, like I had started all over again?! Weird! Seems to have trickled away again over the course of the day, but it was a bit random & so I thought I'd add it to this thread, as that has never happened to me before.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Both my daughters started their period the day they got their shots. Both experienced much heavier cycles than normal this time. They are 18 & 20.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ship sailed for me awhile ago but I will say my hot flashes have returned with a vengeance. I've had bad flashes in the past but since I got vaccinated, I wake up sweaty. Like my forehead and hair are wet.
Interesting because I have been having worse and more frequent than normal flashes as well!! Hmm....
Thanks for pointing this out!!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

My daughter's cycle was late for 2 weeks post vaccine. She attributed it to stress. Odd timing for sure.

Interesting because I have been having worse and more frequent than normal flashes as well!! Hmm....
Thanks for pointing this out!!

The same thing happened to me! It was two weeks of fiery hot flashes after my first Pfizer shot. Things seemed to regulate after a couple of weeks, but there were a few days in that timeframe where I had hot flashes for the majority of the day and night!!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm now late by 2 weeks and just got my 2nd shot today.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I have had the first shot only, approx 2 weeks ago.

I am early this time and it is one of the worst months I have had in a long time. I normally have pretty bad cramps on day 2 and 3, not day 1. Day 1, yesterday, not even 3 ibuprofen took the edge off enough to sleep taken within 4 hours of one another. I normally have heavy periods. This one is heavier than normal.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Theyve been finding enlarged lymph nodes in the axillae (armpits) of women who have received the vaccine. This makes sense because lymph nodes are islands of immune-related cells. But it also can be a concerning finding on mammogram. Hence the suggestion to separate the two by some time.

Can confirm on the swollen lymph nodes with my second shot, though for me, the swollen nodes were in my neck near my collar bone (supraclavicular lymph nodes). Really freaked me out until I figured out why it was happening.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted "no" BUT I have some extenuating circumstances. First, I was having irregular periods for about the past year (I'm 43). Second, I just had a Mirena IUD placed about 10 days before I received the one-shot Johnson & Johnson vax. That was 19 days ago and I've been spotting ever since, but my gynecologist assured me this is normal while my body gets used to the hormones/device. I'm not sure what to think but I have a telehealth appt with my primary care physician Monday afternoon so I'll be bringing this up to see what she thinks.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was referred to this survey in another group. Here’s a HIPAA protected anonymous menstruation survey for both vaccinated and unvaccinated. I’m hoping it might also ask if someone has had COVID, did that change anything as well.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I don't know yet, I got the second shot yesterday morning and four hrs later started my cycle which was due any day. I always have a cycle that is very heavy/crampy/causes exhaustion so that's the same. Went directly to sleep, woke for a short period and went right back down. The shot made me mostly hibernate for the last 24 hrs! I'll have to wait and see.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results