carat
color
clarity

COVID shot 4

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m scheduled for shot 4 tomorrow
539196C0-B534-4F07-890C-3877BF1B0C49.png 8DE0080A-6369-4464-8C50-2041588F6760.png 9B924012-6FA6-4E95-8D37-D65449DABF96.png

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Which one are you getting?
Prayin for no side effects and higher protection.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@AprilBaby That’s great you are getting the fourth dose. I hope your pesky lymph node behaves this time.

I received a third dose..not the booster. I panicked and got it because I have a bunch of medical issues..some autoimmune diseases… but I’m not immunocompromised as explained in your post. I would be able to get the booster in two weeks but wrestling about what to do..

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AprilBaby That’s great you are getting the fourth dose. I hope your pesky lymph node behaves this time.

I received a third dose..not the booster. I panicked and got it because I have a bunch of medical issues..some autoimmune diseases… but I’m not immunocompromised as explained in your post. I would be able to get the booster in two weeks but wrestling about what to do..

I got a full third dose too, same thing, autoimmune and I work with high risk exposure. At this time I'm not going to be seeking a booster. If anything I'd hold out for the Omicron targeted one if it's recommended.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got a full third dose too, same thing, autoimmune and I work with high risk exposure. At this time I'm not going to be seeking a booster. If anything I'd hold out for the Omicron targeted one if it's recommended.

I can’t seem to get a good idea if the Omicron one will be available in March or months away. That would leave us vulnerable to Delta, right?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just trying to find out information about this, I had to upload another copy of my card with my booster information on it for my work and I noticed it says expires 01/29/22....I do not fit any of the above criteria....

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just trying to find out information about this, I had to upload another copy of my card with my booster information on it for my work and I noticed it says expires 01/29/22....I do not fit any of the above criteria....

That’s strange @diamondringlover. The fourth vaccine isn’t available for everyone yet. Is there someone at work that’s handling this? I would give them a call.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the full third Moderna and got sick again. I’m assuming this will be the half Moderna. The pesky lymph node has never gone away and it goes up for a bit after each dose. I’m hoping between this and the new pill coming out I should be fine for quite a while. Going at 4:45 central time.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had the full third Moderna and got sick again. I’m assuming this will be the half Moderna. The pesky lymph node has never gone away and it goes up for a bit after each dose. I’m hoping between this and the new pill coming out I should be fine for quite a while. Going at 4:45 central time.

Let us know how you’re doing ..Fingers and toes crossed..

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We all received Pfizer. DD1 and I were boosted with Pfizer, but for hubby we thought it might be good to try Moderna, because why not? He received it, but it's only a half dose so I don't know how that will play out. Luckily, he doesn't really go anywhere. DD2 isn't eligible for the booster yet, as it hasn't been 6 mos.

My booster caused me to temporarily grow a third boob in my armpit. I always wanted more "coverage." Be careful what you wish for! :lol-2:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I was first! Walgreens’s just got the ok today. Half dose Moderna. Keeping my fingers crossed I feel good tomorrow.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I was first! Walgreens’s just got the ok today. Half dose Moderna. Keeping my fingers crossed I feel good tomorrow.

That’s great @AprilBaby! I hope you have an easier time with this shot!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

You might also want to look into the monoclonal antibodies they are giving to immune compromised people as a pre-exposure prophylactic. I believe it’s given every six months. They are rationed and you need to get on a waiting list, but worth looking into.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @AprilBaby, How are you are feeling today? I hope you are feeling well and am glad you were able to get the 4th shot so quickly.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope you’re okay..I know you got really sick after the third one..Please let us know when you’re up to it..

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Checking in. How are you feeling @AprilBaby ?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AprilBaby, You are going to have so many alerts. Please know many of us are concerned about you and really aren’t trying to bother you. i hope you are feeling well.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m up and moving finally! I got a bad migraine Friday night from incoming snow that didn’t go away before the shot. Symptoms of the shot: light aches, 8 hrs of chills and tired. The worst was the migraine. The chills were over at 2 am this morning ( got them at about 24 hrs) , the tired and the headache finally went away about 2 hrs ago. All in all not too bad! I attribute the bad headache to migraine, not the shot.
Thanks for all the love!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m up and moving finally! I got a bad migraine Friday night from incoming snow that didn’t go away before the shot. Symptoms: light aches, 8 hrs of chills and tired. The worst was the migraine. The chills were over at 2 am this morning ( got them at about 24 hrs) , the tired and the headache finally went away about 2 hrs ago. All in all not too bad! I attribute the bad headache to migraine, not the shot.
Thanks for all the love!

Great news @AprilBaby! I was getting worried when you didn’t post! I‘m sorry you got the migraine though. My mom used to get them when she was younger. She couldn’t get out of bed and would get nauseous. I‘m glad it’s gone!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been sleeping for 36 hrs mostly because of the migraine! I like your new avatar! What or who is it?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

I’m confused – is a booster and the third dose not the same thing?

I am vaxxed and boosted yet got Covid last week. :(. I am coming out of it now and feeling better. But I was surprised (probably shouldn’t have been but I was) that I got it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m confused – is a booster and the third dose not the same thing?

I am vaxxed and boosted yet got Covid last week. :(. I am coming out of it now and feeling better. But I was surprised (probably shouldn’t have been but I was) that I got it.

A booster depending on the brand can be different. A Moderna Booster is half the regular dose. But some people got a third Moderna (full vaccine) vs a booster as their third. The Moderna booster is a half dose of the regular Moderna Covid vaccine. But the Pfizer booster is the same as the full dose Pfizer so a third Pfizer is a third shot whether or not they call it a booster. Hope that makes sense. I took two Moderna vaccines as my first two doses and as my third I did a Pfizer because I wanted less of a dose in my vaccine and the Pfizer dose is much (1/3 or so) less than the Moderna dose.

Glad you are feeling better @Mreader!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
A booster depending on the brand can be different. A Moderna Booster is half the regular dose. But some people got a third Moderna (full vaccine) vs a booster as their third. The Moderna booster is a half dose of the regular Moderna Covid vaccine. But the Pfizer booster is the same as the full dose Pfizer so a third Pfizer is a third shot whether or not they call it a booster. Hope that makes sense. I took two Moderna vaccines as my first two doses and as my third I did a Pfizer because I wanted less of a dose in my vaccine and the Pfizer dose is much (1/3 or so) less than the Moderna dose.

Glad you are feeling better @Mreader!

I got that same combo. Not on purpose I went to Walgreens to get the booster and they didn’t offer Moderna. I just didn’t feel like having to leave and go somewhere else ha ha. This was back in January where appointments were more difficult to come by. It didn’t prevent me from getting the virus. I’m still grateful for the vaccines. I was really surprised I got it even though I probably shouldn’t have been.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my 3rd/ booster last weekend
Gary has to get a doc's prescription for the other one (most of NZ got the pfizer) due to side effects so we are off to get that today

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got that same combo. Not on purpose I went to Walgreens to get the booster and they didn’t offer Moderna. I just didn’t feel like having to leave and go somewhere else ha ha. This was back in January where appointments were more difficult to come by. It didn’t prevent me from getting the virus. I’m still grateful for the vaccines. I was really surprised I got it even though I probably shouldn’t have been.

@Mreader I‘m sorry you had Covid..Are you saying you just got the Pfizer booster last month?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results