shape
carat
color
clarity

Cousin Quiz

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't taken anthropology in over 20 years, don't know the answers to those! What's also funny, is that my Dad is telling me some family stories. I keep hearing my cousin, well he wasn't my first cousin but he was the first wife's son's child. or Uncle Potis, he wasn't my uncle but he was (related in this way) but I called him "uncle".

How about you in your family? Are people correct in how they refer to people as far as degrees or once removed, or do they say "cousin" even if it is a 2nd or 3rd or whatever?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I got 100% but I had to draw things out.

Part gypsy: I use the generic 'cousin' term rather than specify by degree unless for some reason someone needs to know that me and Bob are 2nd cousins 1x removed.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Made my head hurt too. OK then, now that I've done my brain exercise for the day, time to go back to bed! :bigsmile:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I got so involved, I had to finish before cleaning up the cat barf! Had to diagram it & my mother was a stickler for getting that stuff correct; she was fascinated by family stuff. I usually just call them cousins. Easier than "my 1st cousin's daughter" or "my 2nd cousin twice" (through 2 family lines). Now a nap!

--- Laurie

amc80

Ideal_Rock
part gypsy|1372185828|3472127 said:
How about you in your family? Are people correct in how they refer to people as far as degrees or once removed, or do they say "cousin" even if it is a 2nd or 3rd or whatever?

Our family is so small and spread out. I have 4 first cousins. I've got some second cousins but have met them maybe twice, so I don't refer to them as anything. We just refer to people by their names I guess. My old BFF has a huge family and they call everyone cousins, even though they are mostly all second cousins...or they use aunt/uncle for the first cousins once removed (my friend's mom is an only child, so her first cousins are just referred to as aunts/uncles).

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I got 25%!

One would think I would have done a lot better, since I have 32 first cousins. Oh well, I am not planning on marrying any of them.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1372186631|3472142 said:
Made my head hurt too. OK then, now that I've done my brain exercise for the day, time to go back to bed! :bigsmile:

Ha, yeah, I didn't even take it because just reading the first question made my head hurt!

My mom is an only child and my dad has been estranged from his family for 40 years (older than I am) so I don't have any cousins (that I know of). Ehh... makes for a short Christmas card list.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I scored a 50%, but I must admit that I guessed on many of them. I don't really have relationships with any of my cousins, which I'm fine with.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results