shape
carat
color
clarity

Could someone please help me

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hawaii_justine

Rough_Rock
Hi. I am new to this forum and was hoping that someone could help me. I am looking for a square cut modified brillant (radiant) in the .88 to 1.03 carat range. I have been looking for a while now (6months) but mostly here in my state. I have not had any luck finding the diamond I want or a good jeweler to do business with.I have been emailing a person at Whiteflsh.com and they seem to be very helpful. They were able to find me a stone that fits my budget perfectly. I am just not sure if this is a good diamond or not. I have seen a couple of different ones at local jewelers I have just not been able to find one with a price this low. What should I do. I am kind of nervous about buying over the internet, even though I have read that whiteflas has a good return policy. Any advice? Thank you all so much for being here to help us in need.
1.gif

Radiant 1.03 I VS2 59.5 61 6.14-6.03x3.59 m-tk no gd gd no

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm I don't know anything about Radiants but I plugged your #'s into the DIY cut grader at www.gemappraisers.com and they gave it a 1A on everything except depth which was 2B. Anything under 3 is very good...1 is along the lines of 'excellent' and 2 is along the lines of 'very good'.

I would try to get more info, like crown %, and also see what WF really thinks of the stone...do they think it's a great radiant? They have a great reputation on here, so don't worry about putting them on the spot--ask the questions of them that you want to know and they should answer appropriately.

Good luck!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I bought my diamond from White Flash. I actually previewed 2 prior to choosing one. White Flash promptly refunded the purchase price of the diamond I did not select.

White Flash is great to deal with. They work hard to meet the customers diamond dreams and desires with their price point. If you don't like the diamond, just send it back. No questions asked and no hassle from White Flash. Another thought would be to have the diamond shipped to an approved appraiser prior to purchase. That way, you can be comfortable knowing you are getting a truly great diamond.

FYI about online diamond vendors. They don't have the overhead of local jewelers so they pass the savings on to the customers.
2.gif

hawaii_justine

Rough_Rock
I want to thank you both for the advice. You have really helped me build up my confidence of buying online. I just had a couple of other questions. When it says Fluorescence: Negligible what does that mean? Also, I am really looking to get a more sqaure than rectangle radiant. I looked under the pricescope tutorial and it says that for a sqaure one the length to width ratio should be 0.95 to 1.05, this says 1.02 so am I correct in thinking that this stone will be pretty square?

Okay one more question how do I find out about sending the diamond straight to an approved appraiser?

Again, thank you so much for your help. I am so excited, I wish I would have joined this forum a long time ago, I could have saved myself a lot of heart ache.

Report: GIA
Shape: Radiant
Carat: 1.03
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 59.5
Table: 61
Girdle: M-TK
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 6.14-6.03X3.59
Length/Width: 1.02

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Negligible means that it's pretty much none for fluor...nothing out of the ordinary there.

1.02 will mean that yes it's almost a perfect square. A perfect square would have a ratio of 1.00.

WhiteFlash has worked with many appraisers...so I would just tell them who your appraiser is and that you want the stone shipped directly there. Sometimes you can negotiate doing this BEFORE you pay for the stone--to be sure it's what you want. You pay for shipping and insurance for travel etc....but it really helps to have the 3rd party look at the stone with unbiased, expert eyes.

2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results