clarity

Costco I, V2 color tennis bracelet or G, SI1 bracelet from Diamond Direct

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! Great price!

Kya

Shiny_Rock
I have that exact bracelet from Costco! I personally love it and find that the diamonds perform really well so definitely would recommend it highly.

A lot of this will come down to style. This bracelet is set in a pretty seamless look, versus the separate look the 3 prong style will achieve.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a four prong bracelet but it’s more separated in style, personally of the three you have posted I love the style of the Costco one the best, I would pick that over mine lol

Dee Dee

Rough_Rock
I have a four prong bracelet but it’s more separated in style, personally of the three you have posted I love the style of the Costco one the best, I would pick that over mine lol

So, I ended up with this beauty! Testing it today in different lighting to ensure it’s a keeper. It’s 5 carat G-H, SI1-SI2 eye clean tennis bracelet from Diamond Direct, priced competitively based on my relationship, as they are where I have made my recent purchases. It has a secure double lock.

Diamond Direct had several five carat bracelets with settings that varied in style and price. I felt a bit overwhelmed bc I didn’t expect all of the options in settings which seemed a bit minor in difference but reflected in price. I felt a bit underprepared as I never researched setting options beyond 3 vs. 4 prong styles. I feel this setting highlights the diamonds where you just see diamonds.

I am extremely grateful but have that nagging curiosity if I should have compared this bracelet to a 3 prong 5 carat tennis and researched settings more.

Originally I loved the 3 prong 4 carat bracelet but hated that i could get a 5 carat 4 prong for the same price. My gut tells me a 4 prong might be more classic for stacking purposes in the future, although a 3 prong gives more interest as a stand alone piece.

I will give it a few days before I have it sized and settle my mind.

Feel free to weigh in on your thoughts or research on tennis bracelet settings and 3 vs. 4 prong styles.

Thanks again for everyone that shared their thoughts. Bc of this group’s guidance I stayed away from the G-I tennis bracelet to ensure it will truly show up white and reduce variation. 21C4095D-8104-4470-A8A9-827A463A39E0.jpeg 2E79C661-8E1F-453C-BB48-CADA64721DC6.jpeg 69709573-7C0E-4B18-AA31-B9C1C811DDAC.jpeg 08CFC6E2-6096-4E3A-8BD3-1A27C6048C07.jpeg 0D23F4B0-A1D7-4303-A99D-64B2DC315C51.jpeg ED01CF85-4AEE-428C-A408-C9794ADBCBB9.jpeg

Last edited:

Dee Dee

Rough_Rock
I have that exact bracelet from Costco! I personally love it and find that the diamonds perform really well so definitely would recommend it highly.

A lot of this will come down to style. This bracelet is set in a pretty seamless look, versus the separate look the 3 prong style will achieve.

Thanks for sharing, it’s kind of a tough choice as I love shared prong styles. I feel it really makes the diamonds stand out. But I went with the most economical option. I got another bracelet similar to the Costco bracelet since it’s a G-H. But hands down, the Costco diamonds looked flawless under the loupe.

Reactions: Kya

Dee Dee

Rough_Rock
I can’t agree more with both @JoJa12345 & @MRBXXXFVVS1
3prong & 4prong give 2 different looks.
You have to find out which style speaks to you more.
Don’t rush into buying, give yourself some times to observe & think about it.
My first TB was a 3prong which I fell in love at first sight.
Over the years I realized I appreciate a continuous line of sparkles hence the current 4prong.
In the event that they are sold before a decision is made, then they aren’t meant to be & better ones await you :)
Anyway TBs aren’t hard to get IMO, we just have to decide on carat weight, style, specs & budget.
Cheers & enjoy the shopping process :)

Thank you! I so kept your advice in mind. My really love the 3 prong style but thinking maybe the 4 prong will grow on me over time.

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So, I ended up with this beauty! Testing it today in different lighting to ensure it’s a keeper. It’s 5 carat G-H, SI1-SI2 eye clean tennis bracelet from Diamond Direct, priced competitively based on my relationship, as they are where I have made my recent purchases. It has a secure double lock.

Diamond Direct had several five carat bracelets with settings that varied in style and price. I felt a bit overwhelmed bc I didn’t expect all of the options in settings which seemed a bit minor in difference but reflected in price. I felt a bit underprepared as I never researched setting options beyond 3 vs. 4 prong styles. I feel this setting highlights the diamonds where you just see diamonds.

I am extremely grateful but have that nagging curiosity if I should have compared this bracelet to a 3 prong 5 carat tennis and researched settings more.

Originally I loved the 3 prong 4 carat bracelet but hated that i could get a 5 carat 4 prong for the same price. My gut tells me a 4 prong might be more classic for stacking purposes in the future, although a 3 prong gives more interest as a stand alone piece.

Feel free to weigh in on your thoughts or research on tennis bracelet settings and 3 vs. 4 prong styles.

Thanks again for everyone that shared their thoughts. Bc of this group’s guidance I stayed away from the G-I tennis bracelet to ensure it will truly show up white and reduce variation. 21C4095D-8104-4470-A8A9-827A463A39E0.jpeg 2E79C661-8E1F-453C-BB48-CADA64721DC6.jpeg 69709573-7C0E-4B18-AA31-B9C1C811DDAC.jpeg 08CFC6E2-6096-4E3A-8BD3-1A27C6048C07.jpeg 0D23F4B0-A1D7-4303-A99D-64B2DC315C51.jpeg ED01CF85-4AEE-428C-A408-C9794ADBCBB9.jpeg

Love it ~ Great presence on your wrist! Personally, I prefer a 4 prong tennis bracelet over a 3 prong. Great choice ~ Enjoy!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also prefer the 4 prong. But if you are saying you prefer 3 prong, then by all means return this and get what you like best!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband says he likes the 3 prong more, that’s it’s more dainty.

Costco one looks prettier and dressier to my eye, and more contemporary. Not sure of those are pluses for you.

I love Costco but have not looked there for jewelry.

You are on the wrong forum if "dainty" is part of your diamond search :lol-2:.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
They're all beautiful, but for my money the Costco one is still the best for the naturals, and the fact that DD is willing to magically price match tells me that the Costco deal is the deal.
But then again, I'm looking at it through static pictures and can't really get nuance from those.
Honestly I would probably go lab for a tennis anyway, but I happen to be a fan of lab diamonds and their cost savings for what I feel is essentially the same thing.
Buy what you love with your eyeballs and you'll be happy :bigsmile: Any way you slice it you're going to get a beautiful bracelet!

Kya

Shiny_Rock

Love it - it looks great on you!

Also I definitely do see the value in sticking with a vendor you have a relationship with. It can be helpful down the line for sure

Dee Dee

Rough_Rock
They're all beautiful, but for my money the Costco one is still the best for the naturals, and the fact that DD is willing to magically price match tells me that the Costco deal is the deal.
But then again, I'm looking at it through static pictures and can't really get nuance from those.
Honestly I would probably go lab for a tennis anyway, but I happen to be a fan of lab diamonds and their cost savings for what I feel is essentially the same thing.
Buy what you love with your eyeballs and you'll be happy :bigsmile: Any way you slice it you're going to get a beautiful bracelet!

Yes, lab diamonds are a great alternative. I was strongly considering it as James Allen had a 25% off sale featuring a 5 carat for $2800-$3000 out the door. But they don’t have local service support for resizing, cleaning and the sorts. But other vendors like IDJ and DD were more competitive for natural diamonds, so it’s was worth paying $700 more. DD’s setting was more detailed than Costco’s. It was a tough choice, one that I am fortunate enough to make. The more I wear it, the more I love it.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love: And that in the end is what matters! You've got a lovely piece and isn't it exciting? Enjoy that blingy goodness8)

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Go with your gut. If these are not GIA certified stone you really have only their option that they are graded what they are telling you. So with a bracelet I would buy the one I like the best.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Enjoy your new bracelet! I have never bought from them, but I have bought my tennis bracelet from costco. I LOVE my costco bracelet and wear it all the time. Tennis bracelets are easy to wear and go with everything!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you got the one you liked best. They all looked gorgeous from the pics!

I think most* jewelry stores will do cleanings, inspections, and repairs on jewelry bought elsewhere. (*except e.g., Tiffany) So that would not even weigh into *my* top 10 reasons to get this one over that one.

Dee Dee

Rough_Rock
So, I have had the bracelet for a few days and still enjoying it. I went to a few jewelers to compare the bracelet to others. I went to Mayors and Tiffany’s to get a better understanding of the differences in quality. I did notice the warmth in my bracelet and could see which ones were likely the “h” stones from the “g”. It was super subtle and see the value in having all the stones be the same color. Of course the Tiffany’s colorless stones shined brighter slightly, but not worth paying $16k. I intend to go back to my jeweler to see if I can get an “g” bracelet. I think having a bracelet with the same color will serve me better in the long run should I want to build a stack and purchase a higher color. Wish me luck! Otherwise, if the price is too much, I will have to be more flexible or wait.

diamonddiva22

Rough_Rock

That looks awesome on you! So white too I got this one from them 92DFB49B-6F96-4CB2-B0AC-44227C666A34.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results