shape
carat
color
clarity

Costco for AAA+ tanzanite

Ranger20

Rough_Rock
Hi all - newbie here and looking for advice on reputable stores to buy AAA grade tanzanite ring? Is Costco reputable? Thank you

Reactions: Kya

Kya

Shiny_Rock
Costco is super reputable. I love love love Costco’s jewelry and have great experience with it.
But it is to my understanding that Costco’s colored stones are treated more often than not. So if you only want a non-treated colored gemstone, you should just make sure to read the fine print to be sure you are aware if what you are purchasing.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Moregems.com is an Indiana jeweler with top grade tanzanite and tanzanite jewelry. I’d check them out.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was referred by a vendor here to toptanzanite.com I bought a gorgeous stone from them!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Any quack can call their Tanzanite AAA+ because there is no trade standard definition of that color.

You have to grade Tanzanite yourself by looking at it. The more blue it is, the better it is, and the more valuable it is. As more purple gets mixed into the blue, the price decreases. Light purple stones are the most common, and by far the cheapest.

Tanzanite is not normally treated, and you can tell if a deep blue stone is real Tanzanite by looking at it and seeing if you can pick up some purple color thru the pavilion. There will always be some purple in a Tanzanite. The best cutters do a great job of making sure it can't be seen face up.

No reason not to buy from Costco if the color and price are both great.

Reactions: Kya
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results