shape
carat
color
clarity

Cost of a Tent Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
While i realize that wedding costs will vary with region, i''m just wondering for a more general ballpark figure of what a tent wedding with 150 people costs???

I''ve been told it can be more expenisve than a "regular" wedding -- even if you have it at a friend''s house and have to pay no venue fee...

thanks!
emstar.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I love the look of tent weddings! I love this site - Raj Tents But they can be difficult and little costs really add up. You have to think about how the food will be kept warm or cold, if you have enough restrooms for everyone or if you need to rent some, theres a dance floor toworry about, how to block up the sides if it rains, renting all the tables chairs and linens, how to keep the place cool enough with out blowing everyone out of their seeats with humongoid fans, or warm enough in the winter. lighting for if/when it gets dark. its a blank slate if you go with a plain white tent, so decor is something to consider. you also have to be usre to comply with codes as far as number of people, exits, parking (remember the scene in Father of the Bride?)

it''s a massive undertaking, but sooooo beautiful and elegant if done right.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
We thought about doing a tent wedding at my dad''s house, and compared with the costs of renting a hall that includes tables, chairs, often linens, possibly wait staff, lighting, hard flooring (high heels + grass??), etc, the tent wedding was going to be insanely expensive. We probably saved $2000 (in Nebraska) by going with a reception facility.

They can be wonderfully elegant though, so do your research, think about what kinds of items you''d need to rent (heaters or fans for weather, dance floor, chairs and tables, heaters for the food, etc) and weigh the costs. Good luck!!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure how much they cost, I think it depends how big of a tent you need. But I would guess to rent the tent would be in the thousands... at least in SF/Bay Area. Plus you'd have to rent everything else, like the others said, like tables, chairs, dance floor (dance floor alone usu costs anywhere from 600-1000 to rent around here) lighting (I would guess 800+) and decor. I love the look though!

Don't know where you are but if you're in CA, or a few other western states, classic is a huge party rental company that has a great website w/a lot of pricing listed. I think you'd have to call in for estimates on tents but they've been pretty good about communicating w/me (so far!)

front3.jpg

ETA: they have a great gallery of pics from events they've done w/a lot of tenting ones in the SF section under "event photos"

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock

It depends on the tenting company you use what the cost will be. What I suggest is you go with a company that includes everything decor, tables, dinnerware, dancefloor, linens, heat or airconditioning, lighting, food.

They are out there. You just have to do your research for your area. Don't just look for companies in your state but the surrounding states as well as some companies travel. If you want to get a general idea go to these websites to see what the cost are and what can be included with the tent rental.

www.faircatering.com This is an all inclusive company. They have a good menue too. They use to be cheaper but I guess business has been good so now they have a seperate fee for the tent.

www.asaprental.com They have a section where you can calculate the cost per the number of guest you have.

www.stamfordtent.com They don't have prices but you can see what they offer.

Basically the more you decorate the tent the more you will pay. Most tents receptions have a seperate tent for cooking. Of course if you want to save in that area it is simple. You can have a buffet set up with sterno to keep the food warm or if you really truly have your heart set on sit down. Simple fix have the seperate kitchen tent/canopy set up next to the reception tent and have a full buffet set up there and the servers can serve from that room. Who will know you ordered all the food ahead thru a caterer. No one but you. Just be sure to do menu cards with the invites so you will know how much of what meat to order. This can be done simple if you use a tent company that includes everything but food.

As for restroom you can rent those mobile bathrooms they do have some really nice ones now not sure how much they cost. But again you could set that up outside of the tent or even get another tent/canopy and set it up against the tent like the kitchend tent I mentioned above and place the bathrooms in there.

Again it the price can vary. Some have just the basic stalls with a sink others come complete with music, air conditioning/heat and even a bathroom attendant. Do a search using terms like portable bathrooms, mobile bathrooms and porta johns.

This one is top of the line and if I think they will give you a free quote.
www.blacktieservices.com

Tented weddings can be not that expensive IF you do your research and are prepared to have DIY helpers. Good luck!
35.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!

I love tent weddings!
I''ve been to two tent weddings that were super different (one was casual and one was formal) at the same family''s backyard!
The formal wedding had...300+ people there and I believe cost about $15K which is a huge savings for Los Angeles.
The casual wedding had...175 people and cost about $6K.

Even though they had to rent everything, they still saved a ton of money and it was a relaxing, warm environment. Those tent weddings were some of my favorite weddings I''ve been to!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results