shape
carat
color
clarity

Cosmetic Tattoos/Permanent Makeup

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I have the eyebrows, eyeliner and lip color. They've faded since they were done a few years ago so I'm about to start another round.

Anyone else?

It's so neat to see the things they can do. Realistic "nipples" on breast surgery patients, "hairs" on bald spots on the head, etc.

Last edited:

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
I've had my brows done for about 15 years now and go in for a touch up every 2-3 years. I used to have thick eyebrows but over plucked in my teens and then started pencilling them in. And it took forever because I could never get them to match. I love having permanent eyebrows! It saves so much time and you always look put together even without makeup.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I love my eyebrows! I looked into tattooing them about 20 years ago but chickened out. I took the plunge 5 years ago and had them retouched a couple years ago. My 85 year old mother had hers 5 years ago, they still look great, what a difference. Her 80 year old friend did it, too. I would love to do liner but both techs no longer do it.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I've had my brows done twice, each time it looked good for about 2 years tops. I have oily skin and for some reason the pigment just fades after 2 years, and since I got it done in Taiwan both times, I never followed through with the 3 month touch-ups, that is probably why the pigment didn't last. I'm ready for another eyebrow session, I just need to find a technician here in So Cal.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My brows are a combo of microblading and shading, it's been a few years and I'll be doing them again after the summer! I haven't done anything else. I would love to do upper lashline but I think it's a bit too terrifying for me. Having mine done also corrected some asymmetry which made me very happy.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have eyeliner done about a decade ago, it's not bad but I do regret it. Fortunately it's faded so much now it's barely noticeable

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I have eyeliner done about a decade ago, it's not bad but I do regret it. Fortunately it's faded so much now it's barely noticeable

If you don't mind my asking, why do you regret it? Just curious.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve had eyeliner done twice. I loved it. It was delicate and looked great. But won’t do it again cause my eyes swelled up last time I had it done.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve long wanted to get eyeliner done just along the upper lid where my lashes are thickest but have been too chicken. Can they get it delicate and precise?

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve long wanted to get eyeliner done just along the upper lid where my lashes are thickest but have been too chicken. Can they get it delicate and precise?

Yes, if they’re experienced.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have considered eyebrow permanent makeup (whatever that entails) because I have alopecia of my left eyebrow. However I will never do it because my skin is way too reactive and sensitive. So I leave well enough alone. It's lopsided but I take it over a potentially catastrophic reaction that I could have to any makeup/tattoo.

I think it's great for those who can tolerate it.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

Yes, they can but I would just say to be careful who you go to because, as with most things, skill level does vary.

I first went in just to look at the photo albums of the work done by the woman I went to. They might also have those online on their website. But you'd also want to double check that the photos are of work they've done and not just general photos of cosmetic tattoos.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock

Co-ask! This is the only one I would do!!

I sometimes think about getting my eyebrows evened out - I have suuuuuper thick, bushy eyebrows but my face is a bit lopsided and my eyebrows emphasise this, so it would be nice to have them evened out a bit. But I know I'm chicken so I'd never do it.

Permanent eyeliner would be amazing!!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My hairdresser has permanent eyeliner.
I saw her once with no makeup on, and the eyeliner looked so weird!
I suppose it faded, because it looks more suble now.

It was done in South America, where she goes yearly to visit her family.
She has had other procedures done there as well, (botox, IV drip skin therapy) because it is inexpensive.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I personally would not get it done because I am a perfectionist. Usually I am not 100% happy with professional make up, so I definitely do not want it to be permanent. My style and tastes have also changed over the years so I could end up not liking the way it looks in the future.

I totally support it for those who want it though!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I have had my eyebrows done twice and would continue to do it. I love having my brows already done and ready to go. I wear minimal make-up so it's perfect. I had both microblading and ombre/powdered the first time but because of my skin (large pores, oily, gym and sweat a lot) the microblading was pretty pointless so powdered for me now. I think that's about as much as I'd do for now.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Also, the lady who does mine won't do trendy styles, like the very thick eyebrows that are in now or the cat eye liner that extends beyond the eyelid. I think that's a good idea because the ink fades over time but may not completely go away. And you can always use regular makeup to add the extra.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
My hairdresser has permanent eyeliner.
I saw her once with no makeup on, and the eyeliner looked so weird!
I suppose it faded, because it looks more suble now...

A couple of days after you get it done, the color "blooms." I don't really understand why this takes a couple of days rather than occurring immediately but then it is VERY bold and bright and you look like a clown lol. It takes a few days after that to tone down. I don't understand that either but maybe it's after a thin layer of new skin has a chance to grow over the ink.

Last edited:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, they can but I would just say to be careful who you go to because, as with most things, skill level does vary.

I first went in just to look at the photo albums of the work done by the woman I went to. They might also have those online on their website. But you'd also want to double check that the photos are of work they've done and not just general photos of cosmetic tattoos.
Good advice, thank you!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve never touched my eyebrows, they are 100% natural what I was born with. Never plucked or colored. The idea of permanent lip color sounds interesting.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
A close friend had her liner and brows done. It looked phenomenal and I always intended to do it but never got around to it. Many years have passed and for some reason (I haven’t asked details) one of her brows migrated slightly up her forehead. The tattoos are now uneven, and even though it has faded it’s still visible. That put me off the idea.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Eyebrows!!! Its a must!! Save a lot of time!! But I don’t like real Tattoos, only micro blading which will fades away in 1-2yrs. Thinking about doing lips too.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
A close friend had her liner and brows done. It looked phenomenal and I always intended to do it but never got around to it. Many years have passed and for some reason (I haven’t asked details) one of her brows migrated slightly up her forehead. The tattoos are now uneven, and even though it has faded it’s still visible. That put me off the idea.

I don't understand how that could happen. I mean, if your skin droops some with age and your brows along with it, the tatts will be where the natural brows are so they would droop in accordance. And even if you, say, got a surgical browlift, the tatts are over the natural eyebrows so they'd be raised just the same too. I don't know how someone's eyebrows could just take a walk up their head independently lol. I am puzzled.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Oh, about the lip color... I am not sure I'll do it again because I've had it done more than once already since the color goes away quickly, unlike the brows and eyeliner, which are good for about three years on me.

From what I've read, that's just the way it is because the mouth has a different type of skin. I think I will ask if the ink has improved for that in the past few years or if a bolder color would last longer or etc.

The lips also hurt the most so I don't want to go through it again if it's just going to be gone in a few months like the other times.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
I don't understand how that could happen. I mean, if your skin droops some with age and your brows along with it, the tatts will be where the natural brows are so they would droop in accordance. And even if you, say, got a surgical browlift, the tatts are over the natural eyebrows so they'd be raised just the same too. I don't know how someone's eyebrows could just take a walk up their head independently lol. I am puzzled.

Right?! The tattoo area is now mostly above where her natural eyebrow grows. I know it wasn’t a bad tattoo job to begin with because she had it for a long time and it looked great at first. We were somewhat young at the time she first got it (mid twenties) so maybe just age and pregnancy body changes?

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think I actually prefer a more natural look as I’ve gotten older! The eyeliner was quite an obvious “cat eye” sorta style which I loved at the time but I wear less makeup now so doesn’t always suit if that makes sense? Again fortunately it’s faded mostly.

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
I've had my brows done twice, each time it looked good for about 2 years tops. I have oily skin and for some reason the pigment just fades after 2 years, and since I got it done in Taiwan both times, I never followed through with the 3 month touch-ups, that is probably why the pigment didn't last. I'm ready for another eyebrow session, I just need to find a technician here in So Cal.

@jaysonsmom I recommend Annie at Fairy Lashbrows or Victoria Eyebrows. Both are in Huntington Beach.

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve had top eyeliner done 4 times (2002, 2008, 2014 & 2017). All very good results. Dark at first, then fades slowly. There is now a faint light black line on or just above my top lash line. No cat eye, just always done on my lash line. Now unnoticeable to most but I can see it in my 15X mirror. Bottom eyeliner twice (2002 & 2014), but they were dots placed on my lash line and not a line. I can’t find the dots now, but I feel I can still see the little bit of definition the dots created which I like.

I’ve had microblading done 3 times (2017, 2019 & about 2 months ago). In 2017, I had the initial visit and touch up exactly 6 weeks later. Great results but after 1-1/2 years, they started fading into a brownish-red color. In 2019 again with a different person. They looked nice but were a little darker and thicker than I wanted so I did not go back for a touchup in 6 weeks like she suggested. They faded (as expected) beautifully with no color change. I had a touch up 2 months ago with the gal that currently does my lash extensions. She did a lovely job. I’m hoping they fade normally without turning another color.

I’m considering getting my lips done but scared of the first several months. When first done, they are about 70% darker than your desired color, then fade/peel over several months.

I recommend eyeliner and microblading as long as you do a natural look to enhance your existing features. Fading is normal for both. Most technicians say that you should get a microblading touchup every 1 to 1-1/2 years.

Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Brows and eyeliner are now re-done. I have a dentist appointment today and plan to ask then about a "dental block," which apparently you can get before having your lips done and not feel pain. The lips definitely hurt the most but decided to try it again if I can get rid of that factor. Such vanity lol.

Last edited:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't had any permanent makeup but I have had filler in my lips. Not the crazy duck lips but very subtle, mainly for vertical lines above my lips. Wow! Never again. It hurt so bad I thought I was going to vomit and I had a high dose of lidocaine to numb it. And I have a high pain tolerance. I get all other fillers without anything to numb. Lol, I just reread this and yall probably think I look like a plumped up clown. I don't- it's super subtle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results