shape
carat
color
clarity

Cool Colored Gem Story

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting story - doesn't look like a trinket at all, at least to me, or perhaps it's because it's cleaned up. :bigsmile: It'll be interesting to find out the full ct weight, treatment, and other details as none are given in the story.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
More info would be interesting. Neat story. When Antiques Roadshow came to a city an hour from here I tried to get tickets -- it's done by lottery & I struck out. Thinking of what I'd take, I wondered if there's something around that I think is a piece of dreck & would never occur to me, that's actually worth a good bit. Those are the ones that haunt!

--- Laurie

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
True, Chrono. And I kept wanting to shake the writer and tell her to spit out the stone type, instead of leaving it until the very end.

The estimate is too low in my opinion. $200/ct for fine quality imperial topaz sounds too low (that is what Barry is asking for a 1.3ct topaz with colour that is no where near as fine, for example) and that would be if the setting and diamonds were thrown in for free.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just LOVE stories like this - it is every kid's fantasy to find treasure, this is just the sophisticated version of that.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes! Like the red diamond that was sold as a garnet in a garage sale. I always wonder what the true story of that stone is. How does anyone have a multi million dollar stone and not know it?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i really wish this would happen to me!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
violet3|1322778898|3072523 said:
i really wish this would happen to me!

[sigh]..me too

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results