shape
carat
color
clarity

Connoisseurs Jewelry Cleaner?? Ultrasonic??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jeff

Rough_Rock
I just purchased a princess cut set in platinum and was wondering if Connoisseurs Jewelry cleaner is any good?? I know it is carried at many jewelry and department stores and is pretty cheap?? Also are the cheaper Ultra sonic cleaners a waste of money(Connoisseurs actually makes a small one for only 15$)?? Any opinions??

hera Anderson

Rough_Rock
Hi!
I had bought an ultrasonic cleaner like the one you were describing, but I wasn't overenthusiastic about it. I went and bought an ultrasonic cleaner from the Sharper Image and it works really nicely. It was around $100.00.

Hera

lucy

Rough_Rock
will it do anything to a diamond or platinum setting if you leave it in a ultrasonic laying in the solution all night? every night? seems like a good place to keep it if you take it off every night.

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
I've heard that soapy water
And a toothbrush every night
Will help you precious diamonds
Stay clean and shinning bright!

(Does wonders for teeth too!!!)
9.gif

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
A while back I purchased a coffee maker that has a built in milk steamer. I had a hard time using it and was going to take it back. Then my jeweler cleaned my diamond with their steam cleaner, and a light went off in my head. The coffee pot makes great coffee and cleans my diamond. I do use a pair of tweezers to hold the diamond under the steam to prevent burns. Go figure!

8*flash

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 7/16/2003 5:57
6.gif
9 PM lucy wrote:

will it do anything to a diamond or platinum setting if you leave it in a ultrasonic laying in the solution all night? every night? seems like a good place to keep it if you take it off every night.
----------------

You don't leave a ring in the ultrasonic cleaner running all night. It should only run for 5 minutes and actually the one from Sharper Image automatically shuts off after 5 minutes.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Windex and the smallest toothbrush I could find (recommended by my appraiser!) work daily for me. I clean my ring when I get ready for work.
2.gif
Doesn't hurt the plat and I get to inspect the ring while I clean it (ooh extra perk). It bugs me when my ring is dirty, even with the slightest hint of soap film or lotion, I clean it right away. Still obsessed after all these months!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results