shape
carat
color
clarity

confused

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondgris

Rough_Rock
My fiance bought me a ring which I really like, but it isn''t exactly what I was hoping for. After talking, we decided we could switch it for something I liked better. We do NOT have a big budget at all, we''re both college students and know we can''t afford something big, so I was looking at ebay to see if I could find a good deal. I found this site and noticed all of you are experts with diamonds. I would like your advice because I''m not that informed about diamonds. Honestly, to me the size is priority. I don''t want a huge ring, but I don''t want something small either. The one I have not is .62 carat and its tw is .87? around there. I was hoping to get a 1 ct solitaire and then change the mounting once we have more money. Anyway, I started looking at ebay and found LaRouche, I already looked them up in here and just found a couple of topics which all seem to have good stories about them. So the one I''m really in love with is this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250257877115&sspagename=ADME:X:AAQ:US:11

I LOVE that it looks like a crown from the side. Anyway, I already asked LaRouche about having it certified and he said it could get a NGL certification. I looked that up too and I guess it''s not a good idea. So I''ve emailed him again about possibly changing the diamond to a GIA certified one, since he does offer them. Anyway, my dilemma is that I really love this ring, it''s affordable (which according to you girls should be a red-flag) and it''s a good size. I''m willing to buy it even if it doesn''t have a certificate because, yes, I love it that much. What do you girls think? Is it worth it? Please give me your honest advice!

Sorry this is such a long post!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/16/2008 6:38:20 PM
Author:diamondgris
My fiance bought me a ring which I really like, but it isn''t exactly what I was hoping for. After talking, we decided we could switch it for something I liked better. We do NOT have a big budget at all, we''re both college students and know we can''t afford something big, so I was looking at ebay to see if I could find a good deal. I found this site and noticed all of you are experts with diamonds. I would like your advice because I''m not that informed about diamonds. Honestly, to me the size is priority. I don''t want a huge ring, but I don''t want something small either. The one I have not is .62 carat and its tw is .87? around there. I was hoping to get a 1 ct solitaire and then change the mounting once we have more money. Anyway, I started looking at ebay and found LaRouche, I already looked them up in here and just found a couple of topics which all seem to have good stories about them. So the one I''m really in love with is this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250257877115&sspagename=ADME:X:AAQ:US:11

I LOVE that it looks like a crown from the side. Anyway, I already asked LaRouche about having it certified and he said it could get a NGL certification. I looked that up too and I guess it''s not a good idea. So I''ve emailed him again about possibly changing the diamond to a GIA certified one, since he does offer them. Anyway, my dilemma is that I really love this ring, it''s affordable (which according to you girls should be a red-flag) and it''s a good size. I''m willing to buy it even if it doesn''t have a certificate because, yes, I love it that much. What do you girls think? Is it worth it? Please give me your honest advice!

Sorry this is such a long post!
you get what you paid for
2.gif

no !
pass !

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally would stay away from ebay.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
At that price the stone is practically free because a setting like that is going to run around $1200+. I love the setting, but I suspect the stone is an SI3 for a reason. I see bubbles in the center. If you''re comfortable with their return policy you could always have a look at it. You won''t be getting the world''s greatest cut, nor eye clean at that price though.

I''ve purchased quite a few diamonds from eBay. Some I kept, some I returned. Sometimes it''s worth $50 or $70 in shipping to have a look.

Cocosgirl

Shiny_Rock
Are you planning to sell your current ring? Can you go back to the vendor where he purchased your ring originally? Is it possible to find a setting close to what you like and deal with a reputable B&M?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results