shape
carat
color
clarity

Confused!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tabu

Shiny_Rock
Hi PSer''s. So I don''t know if you all remember my very first thread I posted on here... saying I wanted a round solitaire E-ring? Well, that was the case until yesterday,,, argghhh. My BF and I went to the mall to go to CD Peacock, he has a good relationship with one of the sales people there, and I saw another ring I absolutely love! Definitely threw my man a curve ball....
3.gif
sorry babe! I mean I guess it''s good that we realized I like other stones besides round brilliants so he has other options. It was an Emerald cut ring, with a very thin halo surrounding it and small diamonds on the band. SO STUNNING! I liked it so much, I told my BF just to put down his credit card right then and there! (he didnt obviously tho)
2.gif

So what are your takes on Emerald cut diamonds and E-rings? We have only been researching round brilliants for the past year practically! Also, my mom has an emerald cut E-ring from my dad that is sooo pretty on her
1.gif
AND my birth stone is an Emerald so it kind of has some meaning... It''s just so confusing because I thought I only wanted round and now I totally changed my mind. Just thought I would see what everyone thought! Diamonds are so complicated! And my BF knows I would love anything he picked out so I don''t even know why I''m in this situation....
3.gif
Well, thanks for lreading and I would love to hear your input!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Honey, there''s no right or wrong answer for what an engagement ring is--it''s whatever you want it to be! Emerald cut diamonds are elegant and lovely and would make a timeless ring. Do a search here on the board to look at all the beautiful setting emerald cut stones we have here on PS! If you''d rather have the emerald cut, make sure your man knows you''re serious about changing your mind from the round brilliant. Can''t wait to see what you end up with!
1.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I''m biased because I think RBs are tres boring, but I LOVE step cuts and sharp angles! EC''s and Asschers mezmorize and hypnotize me, and I would definitely get one of those if I wasn''t in love with Trillions. (Triangle cuts) It''s really up to your preference, but I think that haloed EC''s look soooo classy and elegant. Plus, you will see fewer EC''s than RBs. I personally love Trillions because they are unique, and I have NEVER seen anyone with a Trill IRL. But that''s the type of personality I have... always trying to be different.

At any rate, ENJOY ring shopping! Lots and Lots of fun!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
The perfect E-ring is the one you love. So there is no right and wrong answer.

I'm a round brilliant girl myself but I see rings with different cuts and I find them all stunning. It is which ever one you fall in love with, and ultimately whichever he gets!

good luck!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
I did the same thing about a month ago and I hadnt even though of looking at emeralds. My SO said he likes RB better so we''ve decided to go with that because I want him to like the ring as much as I do and its not like I have a preference towards one or the other, both cuts are gorgeous in their own manner. But, since you seemed to excited about the emerald cut maybe you found "your" ring?

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Follow your heart! BUT! If you do need a bit of a push! I think RB solitaires are soooooo boring. (but I am not a less is more person) I love emerald cuts as well adn that link posted is perfection! I think you should go for it!!

tabu

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your support and suggestions! Obviously my FF is the one that is going to be purchasing the ring so it is mainly his decision to what he ends up with, but Im just showing him what I like
2.gif
So, I guess I will be surprised!!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
No worries. A girl has a right to change her mind. Last year I thought I was in love with a cushion cut setting that I only looked at a couple of times and tried on once. FF was never into it but I insisted that was the ring I wanted. But, a lovely shopping trip together this past May...I tried on the ring he has always liked for me (a round diamond) and I fell madly in love with it!!! (I always avoided this ring thinking it wasn't me but after trying it on, that makes a world of difference!!!) I have tried it on again since then and know that I like this cut now. So now all it comes down to is the setting itself. We were thinking either a solitaire or with tapered baguettes. I'm trying to leave it up to FF because he wants to make the decision and surprise me. (And I want him to love the ring too instead of me forcing a certain style on him. After all, he will be the one making the purchase.) Who knows, he may end up getting something else. But from what I understand at this time, it looks like I will get one of these 2 settings.

But I tell ya, it can be hard being a LIW because you think too much about it.....(the ring)

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
i definitely like emerald cut diamonds.. was it a diamond?? i''m a little confused by your phrasing "...AND my birth stone is an Emerald so it kind of has some meaning..."

anyway, i think they''re lovely and classy. but i like RB''s, too. it''s really a question of personal preference. which do you think you''ll love forever?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results