shape
carat
color
clarity

Confused re setting/upgrade please help!

Pinkdreams

Rough_Rock
New to this forum and would appreciate any opinions. I do love my ering and the stones (centre 2.03 RB F SI2 and side pink argyle pears .08 -7P and 7PP) but I guiltily feel that my ring is a little underwhelming. I am considering resetting centre stone in a halo still with the pinks in the rose gold claws or rose gold rub over around the pinks. I do love the rose gold shank. Other half doesn’t like halos. I have even been thinking of upgrading to a 3ct centre stone with the pinks but expensive option and worried the pinks would be really overshadowed. Should I try and do some sort of revamp/upgrade or is this just DSS and do I need to get over myself. I will try and post some pics but stones actually look bigger and pinks pinker in photos

Attachments

• 34439B16-94C8-4F63-8878-B0BD7AC29938.png
    34439B16-94C8-4F63-8878-B0BD7AC29938.png
    856.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 002FDE6E-63F0-4C65-B6B7-3DA100A4B6F5.png
    002FDE6E-63F0-4C65-B6B7-3DA100A4B6F5.png
    589.1 KB · Views: 29

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your ering is lovely! How long have you had it? DSS (diamond shrinkage syndrome) does kick in for a lot of PSers (probably not so much
for the rest of the world). BTW, 2 carats would be considered large in my neck of the woods. It does not look underwhelming to me AT ALL!

I understand where you are coming from though. Is it still within the return policy? I think a halo would be lovely but if SO doesnt like them
not sure what your options are. Would he be happy with a pink halo (keeping the pink pears too)? Maybe tell him you want more pink?
Give him time. Some SOs realize after a while that you're the one wearing it and its what you like that matters. May take a while though.

Have you seen that recent post of the 5 carat with a pink halo? Its heavenly! Maybe show him that? In the meantime, be patient (if you are
beyond the return policy). Maybe do a big upgrade or reset for your 1 or 5 year anniversary. It really is a beautiful ring.

Here is a link to that 5 carat with the pink halo...for your drooling pleasure:love:

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I think your ring is beautiful! I've found a cure for DSS... If you don't wear your ring for a few days, it will feel new, big, and sparkly when you put it back on! I also like the idea of adding a few sparkly bands to stack with!!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that your ring is perfection and looks sizable on your hand, but you need to be happy with it.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
It’s beautiful and unique with the pink side stones. Not underwhelming at all. Perhaps, even tho you love the pink stones, that’s throwing you off?

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you decide to do pink side stones again contact DBL, this one is saying out of stock but I am sure they can find you exactly what you are looking for

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s very beautiful. I would give the pinks a little more definition by bezel setting them in rose gold, 1mm or so.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your ring looks amazing on you! The center stone is beautiful and the argyle pinks are classy and add just the right amount of pop. I wouldn't change a thing!

Pinkdreams

Rough_Rock
I think your ering is lovely! How long have you had it? DSS (diamond shrinkage syndrome) does kick in for a lot of PSers (probably not so much
for the rest of the world). BTW, 2 carats would be considered large in my neck of the woods. It does not look underwhelming to me AT ALL!

I understand where you are coming from though. Is it still within the return policy? I think a halo would be lovely but if SO doesnt like them
not sure what your options are. Would he be happy with a pink halo (keeping the pink pears too)? Maybe tell him you want more pink?
Give him time. Some SOs realize after a while that you're the one wearing it and its what you like that matters. May take a while though.

Have you seen that recent post of the 5 carat with a pink halo? Its heavenly! Maybe show him that? In the meantime, be patient (if you are
beyond the return policy). Maybe do a big upgrade or reset for your 1 or 5 year anniversary. It really is a beautiful ring.

Here is a link to that 5 carat with the pink halo...for your drooling pleasure:love:

Yes I saw that amazing 5 carat. This forum is dangerous

Pinkdreams

Rough_Rock
It’s very beautiful. I would give the pinks a little more definition by bezel setting them in rose gold, 1mm or so.

Yes I think I would like to do that and probably will. Knowing my mind though I will probably then angst about whether I liked the original setting better

AV_

Ideal_Rock
A frame of pave - www

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results