shape
carat
color
clarity

Confused please help!

Pinkdreams

Rough_Rock
New to this forum and would appreciate any opinions. I do love my ering and the stones (centre 2.03 RB F SI2 and side pink argyle pears .08 -7P and 7PP) but I guiltily feel that my ring is a little underwhelming. I am considering resetting centre stone in a halo still with the pinks in the rose gold claws or rose gold rub over around the pinks. I do love the rose gold shank. Other half doesn’t like halos. I have even been thinking of upgrading to a 3ct centre stone with the pinks but expensive option and worried the pinks would be really overshadowed. Should I try and do some sort of revamp/upgrade or is this just DSS and do I need to get over myself. I will try and post some pics but stones actually look bigger and pinks pinker in photos

Attachments

• EE8A9B87-39A6-47BC-8121-5E3133E78E8A.png
    EE8A9B87-39A6-47BC-8121-5E3133E78E8A.png
    856.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 639FEDAB-9AB9-4124-A262-6053A9AC88F0.png
    639FEDAB-9AB9-4124-A262-6053A9AC88F0.png
    589.1 KB · Views: 25

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the idea of a halo, but since your other half doesn’t that’s up to you as a couple. What about an eternity or adding pave to the shank? You could try a few stacks, maybe a pink diamond one in between two white diamond stacks. I really like the proportion of your center diamond with the pinks and would be hesitant to upgrade the center stone.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful and I wouldn’t change a thing. You could get a larger diamond but it still probably wouldn’t give you the finger coverage I think you are looking for. I would instead look for a band or two to pair with it.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring as is!!!!! It's beautiful with the pinks. Before changing anything I would try stacking pink and white bands with it to see if that gives you the added bling you are looking for.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree. I think bands are the perfect answer. There are so many ways to go with bands, and different looks you can change to. Your ring is lovely and special the way it is. I don’t think I have ever seen a ring with pink pears before.
I love the style the way it is. It is not overly done the way it is and the bands can really change it up. You could even have a guard made if you wanted a halo look (two half halos, one on each side)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
New to this forum and would appreciate any opinions. I do love my ering and the stones (centre 2.03 RB F SI2 and side pink argyle pears .08 -7P and 7PP) but I guiltily feel that my ring is a little underwhelming. I am considering resetting centre stone in a halo still with the pinks in the rose gold claws or rose gold rub over around the pinks. I do love the rose gold shank. Other half doesn’t like halos. I have even been thinking of upgrading to a 3ct centre stone with the pinks but expensive option and worried the pinks would be really overshadowed. Should I try and do some sort of revamp/upgrade or is this just DSS and do I need to get over myself. I will try and post some pics but stones actually look bigger and pinks pinker in photos

Well hallo fellow argyle friend! I absolutely love your ring! DSS is always there, so I would just love it! However, if you need more bling, how about a tiny eternity band to keep it company?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG.
Need at least a dozen more pictures of your ring.
From all angles.
ASAP.
Gorgeous, unique, and rare :love:

I love how it looks on your finger... the pears are perfectly proportional to the center - you’d lose that if you upgraded. I too wonder if a few blingy bands might scratch the itch? Leon Mege makes pink diamond bands that I am lusting after ::)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m also thinking stacking some fun, thin bands!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for adding bands - it's beautiful & classy as it is.

Pinkdreams

Rough_Rock
Your ring is beautiful and I wouldn’t change a thing. You could get a larger diamond but it still probably wouldn’t give you the finger coverage I think you are looking for. I would instead look for a band or two to pair with it.

I think you are right. Upgrading to a three carat would be very expensive and I don’t know that it would make that much difference. Stacking bands is a good option and then I still have the sentimental factor if the original ering.

Pinkdreams

Rough_Rock
OMG.
Need at least a dozen more pictures of your ring.
From all angles.
ASAP.
Gorgeous, unique, and rare :love:

I love how it looks on your finger... the pears are perfectly proportional to the center - you’d lose that if you upgraded. I too wonder if a few blingy bands might scratch the itch? Leon Mege makes pink diamond bands that I am lusting after ::)

Thank you. Yes bands seem to be a good option. I should at least wait till I get my wedding banked. I think that will bling it up. Will post some pics. The pears do stand out more in photos though than irl. 1A64AD28-844E-44ED-B8C3-FBCF37B3C344.jpeg 74745EEC-C7A8-499E-807F-27F969361E38.jpeg FA5A5AF8-93E3-4BF2-A5C2-8A510CD04E40.jpeg 02FB121B-7141-404C-B81D-50D3BE1DC55E.jpeg CD3F2EA4-4A66-4F9B-9EF5-0655F7A37DA8.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That makes a beautiful set!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. Hopefully it will be enough bling for me ;-)

You can always add another band for an anniversary or just if you see another you think you would like to pair with the set. I really think it looks beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your engagement ring is just gorgeous and unique! I really love it! If you don't mind a suggestion, I think it would look good to wear a plain rose gold band between your engagement ring and diamond band to allow a little separation which would allow both rings to stand out more.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I'm of the multi-band school. And you can get some cheapie synthetic bands to test out shapes and sizes

Pinkdreams

Rough_Rock
Your engagement ring is just gorgeous and unique! I really love it! If you don't mind a suggestion, I think it would look good to wear a plain rose gold band between your engagement ring and diamond band to allow a little separation which would allow both rings to stand out more.

That sounds like a great idea. Thanks

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s fantastically gorgeous. Luxe. Extra in a good, sublime, way.
But if you are feeling guilty that it is underwhelming- you need something more flashy.
Go get yourself a flashy setting and enjoy it.
If you are looking to bezel the pears - make sure you see and like that bench’s bezel work on same size pears.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. Yes bands seem to be a good option. I should at least wait till I get my wedding banked. I think that will bling it up. Will post some pics. The pears do stand out more in photos though than irl. 1A64AD28-844E-44ED-B8C3-FBCF37B3C344.jpeg 74745EEC-C7A8-499E-807F-27F969361E38.jpeg FA5A5AF8-93E3-4BF2-A5C2-8A510CD04E40.jpeg 02FB121B-7141-404C-B81D-50D3BE1DC55E.jpeg CD3F2EA4-4A66-4F9B-9EF5-0655F7A37DA8.jpeg

You have nice long fingers unlike my stumps. You can stack a lot of bands, just sayin'

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous. The only thing I do see is that it is not the center that Is overshadowed but if anything then the pinks are. Upgrading the center would only make this “worse”.

Some ideas I have:
1. Change the setting. Use white rounds for a white three stone.

These pinks are stunning and deserve to be the center of attention. I would use them for a separate projects such as a moi et toi ring. Have fun with that setting. Then you have a stunning RHR. Not horribly costly.

If you find it too small source a pink center and boom you got a stunning pink ring. Keep the white as soli, three stone or soli with pave shank.

I hope I have not offenfed you because it is just that this could get even better. There are tons of possibilities such as making studs or tiny dangles out of the pinks but I would want to be able to see my pinks and keep them on the finger.

I think this current setting does not emphasize them enough.

Pinkdreams

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous. The only thing I do see is that it is not the center that Is overshadowed but if anything then the pinks are. Upgrading the center would only make this “worse”.

Some ideas I have:
1. Change the setting. Use white rounds for a white three stone.

These pinks are stunning and deserve to be the center of attention. I would use them for a separate projects such as a moi et toi ring. Have fun with that setting. Then you have a stunning RHR. Not horribly costly.

If you find it too small source a pink center and boom you got a stunning pink ring. Keep the white as soli, three stone or soli with pave shank.

I hope I have not offenfed you because it is just that this could get even better. There are tons of possibilities such as making studs or tiny dangles out of the pinks but I would want to be able to see my pinks and keep them on the finger.

I think this current setting does not emphasize them enough.

Thanks yes I agree. They were originally set with a 1.5 ct and I wanted a larger stone. Maybe that was not the best idea. Do you think leaving the setting the way it is but setting the pinks in a rose gold bezel would help. Sort of like in this pic that someone posted on another thread 2A891751-A69C-4EE0-B207-49BDE0A9BB59.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would help to make them more prominent but how much so is hard to say. My first three stone ring had small accent stones and after I increased the size of the center stone a couple of times, I increased the size of the side stones. So the options are to do that or to just enjoy those pops of color on the sides of the main stone. They are delicate and very pretty. They give a bit more definition to the ring than just the look of a solitaire. I also like Diamondseeker's suggestion of a plain rose gold band between your ering and wedding band that would give more definition to your two rings. Your fingers are long and slender and I think the rings look lovely. You do have the finger space for more than one band - something many of us don't have. I wouldn't change the engagement ring though - I think it is truly feminine and beautiful!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yes, I definitely think bezelling the pinks would help. It would emphasize them and make them appear larger. I think your idea was great, it is only that I would have used larger pinks for this size of a center but you have a stunning and different enough while feminine and classic ring. It sure is a beauty.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results