shape
carat
color
clarity

Confused about wedding program

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cate

Rough_Rock
We are having a very, very small wedding. Just immediate family. The officiant will not be staying after the ceremony.

Here''s my question. I am making wedding programs. I want to list the wedding party. Do I include the officiant as part of the wedding party? He''s only performing the ceremony and then leaving.

Also, I''m looking for ways to pay tribute to a parent who passed away.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Hello-

The officiant can be listed as part of the wedding party or during the actual program itself.

For example:

John Doe Pastor
John Doe Officiant
Rev. John Doe Celebrant
Father John Doe Officiating Priest

oops, I meant to add during the program:

Processional

Welcome by Rev. John Doe, Pastor

First Reading:

As far as honoring those relatives that have passed, everyone is different.

One of the most touching gestures I've seen are placing a rose on the empty chair where that person would have been. I know some bride's feel that is too emotional and they would not be able to turn and see that.

Fortunately, we had both of our parents at our wedding, but we dedicated the flowers at the altar to my grandparents who passed away.

I carried a cross that was given to me by my grandmother on my bouquet, and I danced a special song that always reminded me of my grandfather with my godfather, who is like a dad to my mom.

Another touching story, we went to a wedding a few years ago where the bride asked her dad's brother to walk her down the aisle in place of her father who had passed when she was just a child. During the reception, the uncle stood up and gave the toast that her father wrote to her when he was diagnosed with his illness when she was a little girl. I don't think there was a single dry eye in the room when he was done. I know the tattered paper that her uncle kept all those years is framed in their home.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results