shape
carat
color
clarity

Conflicted about color scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
So, I know I should probably be more concerned with pressing issues, like setting a date for the wedding. However, all I can think about is what the colors will be. Part of me wants that soft sage green and pale pink look while another part of me wants bold bright fuschia and tangerine. Right now, the goal timeframe for the wedding is late June 2009. I''d love peonies, and I think they would work for either color scheme....white and pink for the light color scheme or bright pink with orange roses for the bold one. Any suggestions or inspiration? I think maybe I could work with both, use the lighter colors for the ceremony and the bold colors for the reception?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well. I have pics of both. Personally I''d be drawn to the brighter colors for your season. But that''s me. OH.. I wish I had my laptop. Okay... let see what I can find.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a compromise. A more saturated pink (not fushia though) and green. You could stick peonies in here they come in this shade of pink.

viburnum.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I was in the same boat, wanting to settle the vision in my head before getting down to the business of dates and places, but I would suggest exploring both ideas while you finalize the big logistics. You might find that one color scheme or the other would just be perfect, or perfectly awful, for the venue you decide to choose! We got lucky, and the colors I wanted to use work really well with our venue, but some of the other places we looked at would not have put us in the same boat. Our reception ballroom has pink brocade walls with lots of ivory wainscoting/paneling - we''re using plum-burgundy and midnight blue with accents of lighter pinks and ivories.

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh, I love that, Gypsy! I love ranniculas, too!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, isn''t that pretty?

I agree with LadyC, that you should wait to book a place before deciding. But it''s nice to have a few options for color choices ready to spring into action once the decision has been made. I had.... 4 or 5 color schemes waiting in the wings.

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
I have 5 huge bushes of these peonies blooming in my backyard. Too bad they bloom in early June and the wedding won''t be until late June at the earliest.

mypeonies6508.jpg

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know why, but I''ve been obsessed with orange lately, too. My toenails match this awesome poppy from my garden.

hidinginpoppy6508.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG. That was so freaking hard. I had to compress and creatively crop this pic to make it work. But... here it is.

Orange and pink and just beautiful.

orangegreen2.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Found this too. Pretty.

pink summerGYPS3.jpg

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for the lovely inspirations, Gypsy!!! I''ll let you know what we decide upon. There are soooo many gorgeous combinations out there!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to hear what you decide on. If I can help just let me know.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
maybe you can do tangerine at the rehersal (wear a tangerine dress?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results