shape
carat
color
clarity

Concierge service worth it for lab diamond search?

TinsieCat

Rough_Rock
Hi all! Thanks in advance for your help. This forum has been so informative!

I’m looking for an Emerald cut diamond, around 2.5 carats, D-F, best cut/quality, at least VS1. Budget is $20K.

I’ve come to the conclusion lab diamonds are probably the most economical for what I want however I learned how much I actually DON’T know after searching online and in person for around a year.

Im currently checking out Ada Diamonds in SF, and they have amazing reviews.

My question is...is it worth it to go through a concierge service? My concern is that I’ll accidentally purchase a lab diamond with flaws like brown/blue, phosphorescence, poor cut, the streaky effect from sped up growth, etc. I understand that ECs tend to show more flaws and more care is needed when choosing.

However it seems many ppl have found great diamonds on their own and/or through the help of the lovely ppl on pricescope. Are ECs something that warrant that level of service?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there,
We can't explicitly discuss lab grown stones here, but overall I think such services *can* be worth it if you go with the right people. For example, Jon from Distinctive Gems helped me find something very specific which I would not have been able to find online. However, if you are looking for something more common then I think it might not be worth it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who said phosphorescence is a flaw??? I love that my stone has the amazing ability to put off its own glow! YMMV

Back to your question =)2...I think people like Jon from Distinctive Gems can be of help if you want someone to do all the "checking out"
for you. Sort of takes the worry out of it. However, the PSers over on the Lab Created forum can help you pick out a beautiful Emerald Cut
too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results