shape
carat
color
clarity

Conch Pearl

JoseeCL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have a beautiful little conch pearl I bought 2 years ago. I have yet to set it. I would love to have it set in a white gold diamond pendant. I would like something delicate, classy and elegant.
The dimensions make it quite hard to find something suitable.
Any ideas???

screenshot_20170309-233252.jpg

screenshot_20170309-233232.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
It depends on if you want it to dangle or not. I have some pearl pendants that are also omega slides. There are many of these styles that are already created just waiting for you to buy them from your local bench jeweler. Some are mounts , some are semi mounts. These are shown with pearls, but Stuller does sell most settings with them without pearls.

https://www.stuller.com/browse/jewelry/necklaces-and-pendants/pearl-fashion

JoseeCL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That's great you guys :) Thanks for the links!
The thing is I don't want it drilled as I don't want to damage the pearl but I want as much of it exposed or visible as possible. It's a tough one... I'm not sure how to go.

JoseeCL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I definitely want to go custom but I'm worried about the price tag that will follow a custom piece. I had found a semi mount that I loved and bought it but then was having issues with the seller as he wanted me to send my pearl to him so he could set it and I refused. I told him I wanted to have it set here by my jeweler. I did not want to send him my conch because it is so rare I was afraid I would not get it back. So after much arguing back and forth I had to get a refund :(

screenshot_20170309-235024.png

JoseeCL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is what I believe it would have looked like.

screenshot_20170310-091852.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I've met you pearl seller several times. He is very interesting and has great pearls. Too bad the pendant vendor lost your sale over something like that.

JoseeCL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You've met the Pearl collector NacreLover! That's amazing! The seller of the pendant was in China I believe and it was really fishy to me that he wouldn't send me the pendant until I sent him the stone/pearl I wanted set. Anyway, I was lucky to get my money back cause the pendant was 1000$! The seller had some questionable feedback as well. Customers claiming they didn't receive their item, or stones where fake, or item not the size advertised.... so I'm really glad I didn't send my pearl to him. I'm quite sure I would not have gotten it back.

JoseeCL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I bought this conch pearl 2 years ago when I was pregnant and due in June. I was hoping for a girl and June's birthstone being Pearl I bought the most special and rare pearl I could find for my future baby. I lost the baby but I'm still hopeful for a baby girl in my future so I'm holding on to my little conch until I find the perfect setting :)

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Josee, I'm very sorry for your loss. Your conch pearl is lovely and I'm sure you'll find the perfect setting.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, no! I'm sorry you lost your baby. JoseeCL.

JoseeCL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks you guys. I lost that baby October 23rd 2014 and went on to have my beautiful little boy October 25th 2015 almost a year to the day which was really kinda magical :) Now I just lost another baby November 27th 2016 (it was another ectopic like the first so I also lost my left tube) and my hubby and I are trying one last time for a little girl :) (we have 3 boys)
I really love that pendant I posted but unfortunately I don't trust the seller so I'm gonna have to find another option.
My conch is small but very pretty. I want something that will accentuate it and make it stand out. I also want it to be comfortable and elegant so I can wear it daily if I want. But I know these conch pearl are not suppose to be worn in direct sunlight as it will fade the color.

JoseeCL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Is this the one NacreLover? Your link showed me a page full on conch pendants.

screenshot_20170310-174226.jpg

JoseeCL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Mine is a button shape... I'm thinking maybe a halo setting would be nice. I kinda wanted something a little more unique. Maybe I just have to keep looking.
The last picture would be a nice one but it would have to be drilled and I don't know how I feel about that.

screenshot_2017-03-10-18-02-42.jpg

screenshot_2017-03-10-18-02-16.jpg

screenshot_2017-03-10-18-01-25.jpg

screenshot_2017-03-10-18-01-41.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
JoseeCL|1489193726|4139096 said:
Is this the one NacreLover? Your link showed me a page full on conch pendants.

Yes, This is the back or the front. We got to see it at the wedding. It was the first time I've seen one actually being worn, the rest were for sale in a dish at a vendor. They are quite striking and the flames are unique.

08-06-13e.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I would look for settings built for akoya not Tahtian pearls. The pearls in your examples are much larger than your conch. The bottom page may be 9-12mm so the setting is in proportion to the size of the pearl. If these examples are from Stuller, you can go to any bench jeweler and look at them in a catalog. They are the size they are in real life and you can set your conch on the page of the catalog to see how it would appear if you ordered it in.
The briolette design dangle in the middle photo section above has a open cup which some use for drop pearl to hide the irregular pearl up in the cup. This would not work for your pearl.

I know you chat with PP. Hisano's friend created her piece there in LA and is their trusted friend. You could ask them to help you. They have worked with him on things for me in the past, they could even help design your setting.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Opps! I was chatting with two people and got you mixed up with her. PP has in house designers and out of house designers. They work on their pearls and pearls you send them. You could chat with them online and ask if they could help you dream something up for your special pearl. It was though them I met your pearl's vendor. You have no worries and can trust them with your special pearl.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I wish I had a good suggestion. I don't but by golly that is a stunning pearl and I am sure wearing it will bring you joy. I lost a child two years ago and I wear a ring with her birthstone and it makes me happy just to look at it. I am sure you will find the perfect setting.

JoseeCL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you Vesper :) I do think of the baby I lost everytime I look at it. It's like all my hopes and dreams for that baby transfered on to this tiny little pearl. I still remember feeling that little life inside me. This special little pink pearl will always be special to me. I can't wait to be able to wear it. I've worn it in a scorpio pearl cage pendant but it's not the same as I can't feel it against my skin and it's true beauty is obscured. Went I do find the perfect setting for it I will surely post for you all to see and share in my joy :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results