shape
carat
color
clarity

Completely nervous

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
So tomorrow I have my Masters Thesis Presentation and I have rehearsed it like a million times but I am a nervous wreck. I know what I am talking about. I think it is just the idea that this is for my THESIS that is freaking me out so much. I have done many presentations for other classes and was a little freaked out about them (I hate public speaking) but this is way different. Right now I have resorted to my comfort food which I have not had in a long time (Rocky Road ice cream) but it is not helping me any.

I hope that I get some kind of sleep tonight.
33.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh honey, I feel ya! I finished my master''s thesis in July. Try to remember, this presentation is all on things you know inside and out--after all, you wrote your thesis on it! They are going to ask you question about things you have researched in depth--things you know better than you realize! Take a deep breath, steady yourself, and answer their questions as best you can. The answers are in your head--you just have to calm yourself so you can remember them. Everyone gets nervous for this sort of thing, but you will do GREAT!!! Seriously! And CONGRATS!!!!!! What a HUGE achievement you are in the midst of accomplishing!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 2:25:51 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Oh honey, I feel ya! I finished my master''s thesis in July. Try to remember, this presentation is all on things you know inside and out--after all, you wrote your thesis on it! They are going to ask you question about things you have researched in depth--things you know better than you realize! Take a deep breath, steady yourself, and answer their questions as best you can. The answers are in your head--you just have to calm yourself so you can remember them. Everyone gets nervous for this sort of thing, but you will do GREAT!!! Seriously! And CONGRATS!!!!!! What a HUGE achievement you are in the midst of accomplishing!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Ditto to what gwen said :), you know all this stuff you should be fine but it is good to be a little nervous it keeps you on your toes ;-)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 2:25:51 AM
Author: gwendolyn

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Thritto!

Museikchik, you KNOW all of this stuff - you do! So stay calm, deep breaths, and just show them that you are very well-versed on your thesis, and you are a fantastic, intelligent, dedicated MA student who has done the research, the writing, the reviewing, to get through this!

And, of course, CONGRATS!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will be just fine!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
You know this stuff! You''ve worked very hard, and they WANT you to pass! You''ll be great, just relax and have confidence in what you know!
36.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
You''ll do great -- you''ve been working on this baby for so long, you know this stuff inside and out. No question could possibly surprise you at this point. And just think, it will be fantastic tomorrow when you''re done!!! GOOD LUCK.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''ll do amazing! Try and get a good night sleep and have some breakfast in the morning. Best of luck!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
How did it go?!?! I am sure you are out celebrating because you did fabulously, but we would love to hear a full report!
36.gif
36.gif

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
I just want to thank everyone for all of your support. The thesis was great. Amazingly I only had to present in front of four people. Three of which I knew already so I wasn''t even that nervous. It seemed like everyone was interested because I did get a few questions at the end. One of my friends said I did well and that I didn''t stutter or look nervous at all. That was funny because my heart was beating super fast and I stumbled over my words a few times. I am just glad it is over. I am still waiting approval from my committee on the actual paper but the hard part is over!!! YEAH!!!
36.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Good job!! I knew you would be fine. After all, you knew your material well. And you looked great too!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
woohoo that''s brilliant news! I knew you''d do great!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Erin said she thought you had a job interview...lol
I told her you didn''t even dress that good for our job interview.
41.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are going to be great!

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
I just found out that my chair of the committee approved my thesis so I just need to get the signature page signed by all of my committee members and I should be good to go!
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congrats that is exciting news :D

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s good news. Congratulations!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
YAY!
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
woohoo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results