shape
carat
color
clarity

Comparing an F color to a G color

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mtrunner2004

Rough_Rock
I have a previous post regarding a underpriced 1.55 carat stone. I also have a question regarding color. I know the general price range that I can afford and I am currently looking at rings in the range of 1.5 carat round, clarity: VS2 - VS1, Ideal Cut, Ideal Polish and Symmetry. And I have decided to go with an F or G but not 100% sure if the G will show too much color. What are some expert opinions on this if I am going with a round ring with an ideal cut.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most will not be able to tell the difference when viewing the diamond from the table, and even from the sides. Those who are colour sensitive will be able to note a slight difference when viewed side by side (unmounted), from the side view. I guess it depends on your colour sensitivity, but for the most part, I think it'll be undetectable.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have both F & G diamonds of the same size and ideal cut and they look identical when viewed from the top. I can see a bit of warmth from the side of my G, though, which prompted me to buy an E more recently. Some people are more picky and color sensitive, so if you can look and compare stones in person before buying online, you can see where you stand. Be sure to look in daylight, not just under jewelry store lighting!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I''m very color sensitive so to me I do see a difference. Especially since my diamonds are step cuts which I think "show everything". But I wouldn''t reject a G - my asscher is a G. I just think it reads slightly warmer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results