shape
carat
color
clarity

Comments on this Diamond please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

slumdog

Rough_Rock
I just came back from the jeweler and saw found a really nice diamond. WHat do you guys think about it?
Gia 2105901538 http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.showReportVerification&reportno=2105901538&weight=2.26

Carat - 2.26
Color - G
Clarity - VS2
Cut - Excellent

Depth - 61.6%
Table - 57%
Crown Angle - 35.0
Crown Height - 15.0%
Pavilion Angle - 40.6
Pavilion Depth - 42.5%
Star Lenth - 50%
Lower Half - 75%
Girdle - med to slightly thick
Culet - none

Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Fluroescence - None

The Halloway Cut Advisor gave it a 0.9 all excellent except spread which was very good. What does spread mean?

I saw one slight crystal inclusion in the middle but it took me 30 secs to find. Everything looked perfect to me but would like your expertise.

Thank you everyone!!! ill be monitoring this thread every 30 mins :)

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good from the numbers.

Spread is just the face up dimension with respect to the weight of the stone, most ideally cut stones are in the VG range for spread. Don''t worry about it, you will only get a Ex score for it with depth < 60.3%.

slumdog

Rough_Rock
Thanks SC....im not sure if its okay to discuss prices here but is 23k a good price for this? The setting is $1600 so total around 24500. thanks

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ya, price seems good. Get it check out with an independent appraiser if you are worried.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2009 6:31:15 PM
Author:slumdog
I just came back from the jeweler and saw found a really nice diamond. WHat do you guys think about it?
Gia 2105901538 http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.showReportVerification&reportno=2105901538&weight=2.26

Carat - 2.26
Color - G
Clarity - VS2
Cut - Excellent

Depth - 61.6%
Table - 57%
Crown Angle - 35.0
Crown Height - 15.0%
Pavilion Angle - 40.6
Pavilion Depth - 42.5%
Star Lenth - 50%
Lower Half - 75%
Girdle - med to slightly thick
Culet - none

Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Fluroescence - None

The Halloway Cut Advisor gave it a 0.9 all excellent except spread which was very good. What does spread mean?

I saw one slight crystal inclusion in the middle but it took me 30 secs to find. Everything looked perfect to me but would like your expertise.

Thank you everyone!!! ill be monitoring this thread every 30 mins :)
Looks like a lovely diamond! Spread refers to the face up size of the diamond, normally with well cut stones the spread will fall within good range anyway and only shallower depthed diamonds get Ex for spread on the HCA, so nothing to worry about. Price looks ok for a brick and mortar store.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results