shape
carat
color
clarity

comments on this diamond and vender please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t get the link to work, but I''ve never heard of them....

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
now is it working?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t read the crown angle to make out if it is 36 deg or 35

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never heard of them either...

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I found it!

The price is reasonably competitive to those on Pricescope. You might find a bit better cut for similar money or something equally as well cut for a bit less, but it is going to be a decent diamond more than likely. The GIA does not categorize a diamond as "ideal". It is not graded on the GIA report as anything but "Very Good" for cut and that is pretty much what it is. A 36 degree crown angle is a bit steep.

Maybe the diamond looks very good and is okay for you. The level of shopping one feels obliged to do is very personal. Let them clear up any issues you might have with the "eye clean" issue before you take the plunge.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, you fixed it. And oldminer covered and said everything I would have.

I can only add, they do say they have a 30 day money back gaurantee, and a lifetime upgrade policy that doesn''t list any stipulations.

So, I guess if it checks out to be eyeclean you could take a look...

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
thank-you for your replies. I will keep looking. I do want the best my money will get me. Price and size seemed right on. Eye clean is really subjective. It would be a conversation I would need to have with them. My eye clean is defiantly no visible inclusions by anyone with 20/20 vision in a well lit natural lighting.

I understand cut is most important.

I got kind of excited when I found it. I should really stick to venders people are recommending rather than unknowns. Should not make things more difficult for myself.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 1:37:50 PM
Author: lauralu
thank-you for your replies. I will keep looking. I do want the best my money will get me. Price and size seemed right on. Eye clean is really subjective. It would be a conversation I would need to have with them. My eye clean is defiantly no visible inclusions by anyone with 20/20 vision in a well lit natural lighting.

I got kind of excited when I found it. I should really stick to venders people are recommending rather than unknowns. Should not make things more difficult for myself.
Agreed.
1.gif

In fact, I went looking. This stone is facing up almost as big as the one you picked, which was deeper. You would NOT be able to see the diff. And the cut doesn't get any better.
2.gif
PS discount to boot. Of course, eyecleanliness must be determined.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-78273.htm#

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2007 1:37:50 PM

It isn''t always a case of knowing when you see it, particularly when buying online, as it might be when actually seeing the diamond. It is more a case of launching a campaign, learning about cut and the other C''s, then going through inventory and weeding out that way until you find some contenders. Once you have, then it is a case of everything falling into place to purchase. So try not to worry, you will find your diamond, time spent researching will be time well spent!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The real quest is to buy a single diamond that you truly want to own or to give. It does NOT need to be the very best for the money, although it may seem of equal importance to you. There are times when getting the right thing outweighs paying exactly the right price and only the right price. A few percent more for what YOU want is totally acceptable for most consumers.

I often give the example of going to a fine restaurant for dinner. The FOOD is what you need. The SERVICE, the FLAVOR, the ATTITUDE of the staff and the ATMOSPHERE is more what you decide to pay for. Combined, the outcome is total satisfaction, but it isn''t the least costly way to eat a meal. It may be the best meal, but the price is somewhat higher than the best priced one.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
well said oldminer... "the best that my money can buy" is relevant only to the person expressing the statement. The best that my money can buy has different variables and meaning to it than the next person who expresses the exact same statement.

The best for me is not necessarily the best in all 4 c''s. i truly just want the look of my stone to look like the best. Firey and sparkly, clean, and gorgeous to look at and love. However, under a scope, or behind closed doors so to speak. it will have it''s flaws.

What I and the person looking at my ring cannot see will not be of any consequence or discussion.

jayrenay9 and Ellen, I am looking at the diamond links you gave to me right after I post this. Thank-you again all!

And Oldminer...thanks to your reply........ I am now hungry and looking at heading out to our favorite restaurant that always treats us well from the moment we walk in to the moment we leave and the food is steller always :)

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
Dave Taylor from james Allen responded to my email(very fast I might add) in regards to the diamond that jayrenay9 gave me the link for in my thread here.

I asked about getting a photo of it and what his thoughts were on this stone being eye clean...as in no visible inclusions... 20/20 vision, 8 to 10 inches away in a well lit room.

Here is his response

"This is an awesome SI2. 100% eye clean. We can sell this diamond to you at the Pricescope price of $5,500. The only magnified image we offer is already on the website. An additional photo we offer is an Idealscope (which you can use to evaluate light return) at a cost of $30.00 per diamond.
James Allen has a 30-day money back guarantee if you are dissatisfied with this diamond after purchase."

Now what do I do? LOL okay that may sound wierd but, I really would like a pic of it. Am I missing something?

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 6:44:52 PM
Dave Taylor from james Allen responded to my email(very fast I might add) in regards to the diamond that jayrenay9 gave me the link for in my thread here.

I asked about getting a photo of it and what his thoughts were on this stone being eye clean...as in no visible inclusions... 20/20 vision, 8 to 10 inches away in a well lit room.

Here is his response

''This is an awesome SI2. 100% eye clean. We can sell this diamond to you at the Pricescope price of $5,500. The only magnified image we offer is already on the website. An additional photo we offer is an Idealscope (which you can use to evaluate light return) at a cost of $30.00 per diamond.
James Allen has a 30-day money back guarantee if you are dissatisfied with this diamond after purchase.''

Now what do I do? LOL okay that may sound wierd but, I really would like a pic of it. Am I missing something?
A different picture than the one on the website??

I''d put it on hold while you''re deciding, if they do that!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
$30 per IS image? I don't know about that. I expect to view an IS, on any diamond I'm considering, without charge! What are the specs of the diamond you are looking for? Is there something we're missing in trying to help you find what you want
33.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 6:55:16 PM
Author: risingsun
$30 per IS image? I don''t know about that. I expect to view an IS, on any diamond I''m considering, without charge! What are the specs of the diamond you are looking for? Is there something we''re missing in trying to help you find what you want
33.gif
Ditto.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
it''s this one

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-SI2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1075793.asp

There is a pic on there called. "Real Diamond view. However I don''t understand exactly what it is I am needing to look for. I have read posts on here of people attaining a photo of the diamond via email set on something white from a top view. I guess they do not supply that kind of photo.

The specs seem good from what Iam understanding thus far.

What do you all think...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results