shape
carat
color
clarity

Comfy-est Wedding Shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,

What are the most comfortable wedding shoes a girl can find? I have major shoe issues (I can't wear super high heels or narrow shoes cause I get blisters and my feet and back start to kill). I tried on a pair of Stuart Weizmann's i liked but they weren't comfy and they were narrow... I am thinking about Cole Hann (cause they have Nike Air technology) but I have never tried them before. I would need to order them online so I won't get a chance to try them out before hand. I also tried Manolo's but they were far too high for me. I would need something udner 3''. Are Kate Spade's comfy?

I need help! I need to find comfy shoes!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the stuart''s I originally wanted but they weren''t that comfy...

stueys.jpg

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some nice Kate Spade ones I like but I haven''t had a chance to try them on... Zappo''s says they are 3'''' but they look way higher to me.... anyone have these? are they comfy?

kattiesspadies.jpg

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
These are the Cole Hann's I am considering ordering although I have not tried on yet... Can anyone speak to the comfyness of Cole Hann?

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Opps forgot to attach the file

D27404cole.png

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
BEWARE OF COLE HANN!!! Make sure the shoe you are getting has the Nike Air technology because not Cole Hann's are NIKE AIR. I have a pair and they kill my feet after a few hours, but damn are they cute.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 9:53:44 PM
Author: Izzy03
BEWARE OF COLE HANN!!! Make sure the shoe you are getting has the Nike Air technology because not Cole Hann''s are NIKE AIR. I have a pair and they kill my feet after a few hours, but damn are they cute.

Hehehhe. The ones I was looking at do have NIKE air... I think all the bridal ones have NIKE air...

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
I have a pair of nike air cole haans and they are great, I don''t have nearly as much pain as in other shoes. I actually just wore them out to dinner tonight, walking about a mile or so there and back, and they kept the balls of my feet happy all night. My personal issue with them is the ridged heel cup, my heels seem to be narrow in comparison to the rest of my foot so my heel easily slips out of the shoe as I walk so I end up with blisters along my heel.

My absolute favorite shoes are manolo''s. They fit great and have something in them that makes my weight distribute more evenly (i.e. not all forced onto the balls of my feet!) which I love. If you have the funds and can find a heel that is less than 3 inches (my favs are about 2.5") that would be my recommendation.

It really all depends on where the shoes are hurting you. If the balls of your feet are hurting even in high end shoes then I would go with a lower heel. If you want more cushioning then the Nike Air Cole Haans might work great. If it is more of a blister issue with shoes too loose or tight I would look for a soft material like suede that stretches and forms to your foot. Ankle straps are also good for keeping a shoe securely on your foot.

The best thing you can do is try things on, so I would try to find any shoe by the manufacturer you are considering and try them so you can order the correct size. Or order through a website with free shipping both ways like Zappos.com.

I''m trying to find comfy shoes too so let me know when you find something!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 12:44:19 AM
Author: tropiqalkiwi
I have a pair of nike air cole haans and they are great, I don''t have nearly as much pain as in other shoes. I actually just wore them out to dinner tonight, walking about a mile or so there and back, and they kept the balls of my feet happy all night. My personal issue with them is the ridged heel cup, my heels seem to be narrow in comparison to the rest of my foot so my heel easily slips out of the shoe as I walk so I end up with blisters along my heel.

My absolute favorite shoes are manolo''s. They fit great and have something in them that makes my weight distribute more evenly (i.e. not all forced onto the balls of my feet!) which I love. If you have the funds and can find a heel that is less than 3 inches (my favs are about 2.5'') that would be my recommendation.

It really all depends on where the shoes are hurting you. If the balls of your feet are hurting even in high end shoes then I would go with a lower heel. If you want more cushioning then the Nike Air Cole Haans might work great. If it is more of a blister issue with shoes too loose or tight I would look for a soft material like suede that stretches and forms to your foot. Ankle straps are also good for keeping a shoe securely on your foot.

The best thing you can do is try things on, so I would try to find any shoe by the manufacturer you are considering and try them so you can order the correct size. Or order through a website with free shipping both ways like Zappos.com.

Thanks Tropikalkiwi - I don''t mind investing in Manolos as long as the heel is shorter but the only ones I could find were 3" or higher... Is there a style of Manolos you recommend?

I too have major issues with blisters... I know you can buy pads to put in the back of the shoe where the heel touches which might help. Straps might be better for me on my wedding night so I can avoid the blisters... Do the Cole Hann with Nike Air have substantial cushioning? I wonder if the rigid heel cup is on all their models...

Jeez - why do the make it so hard to find comfy sexy shoes?#?????@

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ballroom dancing shoes. Professional dancing shoes. Hands down. In another lifetime, I did some theater and we had to buy some professional dancing heels for a couple of my roles. Tried on quite a few, and they were the most stable and comfy heels I''ve ever worn.

mcseeinred

Rough_Rock
I have a friend with those Kate Spades (but in black) and they are absolutely gorgeous! She wore them recently for 6+ hours, lots of which were spent on her feet, and did not complain about her feet hurting at all. Also, her feet didn''t *look* like they hurt either, know what i mean - she wasn''t changing her natural stride to compensate for rubbing, her feet weren''t flushed, etc. The only word of warning i can impart though is that the cut-outs did cause her pinky toes to sometimes poke outside, but that might just be her feet. I hope you get them and post foot-shots - i love shoes and think foot-shots are just as important as hand-shots for showcasing our fabulous finds!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
The most comfortable heels I''ve evern worn were from Steve Madden. Though, I am not positive that he makes any wedding-ish shoes so this comment might be useless.
3.gif

I saw those Stuart Weitzman''s in the store yesterday! I thought they were so cute but I didn''t try them on.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Well... once again another failed shoe shopping attempt. I did get a chance to try on the Cole Hann''s and some Manolo''s again... I love them both. The Cole Hann are more cushiony but I think the firm leather will give me blisters. The Manolo''s have the softest leather and a good fit but the height made the balls of my feet hurt within 10 minutes of wearing them in the store... I am thinking I might be able to solve that problem with good cushion pads?

Dope!!!!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Which out of these two styles of Cole Hann''s look better with my dress? Wedding is in the summer - June 28th.

shoesl&m.JPG

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I don't think brands are comfy necessarily, it's the style that matters. For example, I know that any peep toe style is going to be murder on me (so I like the shoe on the top MUCH better than the second). Same with a sling back.

A slide, however, is super comfy to me. That's what I wore on my wedding day. This shoe isn't the same I wore, but it's relatively similar and also by Caparros:

171754_110_ss_01.jpeg

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
If blisters are a concern, try Band-Aid Blister Block. coupon link It looks like a small deodorant. I keep one in my purse, and I
30.gif
30.gif
it! Works great!

vanessa_b

Rough_Rock
Another great thing for blisters is moleskin. They sell it in drugstores near the Dr. Scholls products. You just cut off a piece and put it on your foot wherever the shoe rubs. It''s awesome.

mamie

Shiny_Rock
I am so in love with that first pair of Cole Haans with the ankle strap. And really bitter I can''t wear heels. Boo. : ( That dress is amazing by the way, and oh that veil!! Love love love.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 12:53:03 AM
Author: ilovethiswebsite
Date: 2/22/2009 12:44:19 AM

Author: tropiqalkiwi

My absolute favorite shoes are manolo''s. They fit great and have something in them that makes my weight distribute more evenly (i.e. not all forced onto the balls of my feet!) which I love. If you have the funds and can find a heel that is less than 3 inches (my favs are about 2.5'') that would be my recommendation.

Thanks Tropikalkiwi - I don''t mind investing in Manolos as long as the heel is shorter but the only ones I could find were 3'' or higher... Is there a style of Manolos you recommend?

I too have major issues with blisters... I know you can buy pads to put in the back of the shoe where the heel touches which might help. Straps might be better for me on my wedding night so I can avoid the blisters... Do the Cole Hann with Nike Air have substantial cushioning? I wonder if the rigid heel cup is on all their models...

Jeez - why do the make it so hard to find comfy sexy shoes?#?????@

I have no idea why comfort is not a higher priority with beautiful shoes, I assume it has to do with lack of demand, if enough women didn''t buy shoes because of it there would be more shoes with that as a primary selling point. Although I am guilty on many counts of buying pretty shoes myself
31.gif
I just wish there was more form + function out there.

Anyway, so this rant stems from looking for low heeled Manolo''s for about an hour and not finding any
39.gif
I guess the ones I have are an outdated heel. I also want to second whoever mentioned ballroom dancing shoes, those seem like a good option and would probably be supportive as well as comfortable.

I love the Cole Haans with the ankle strap you found! Those look comfier to me simply because of the ankle strap.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd also look into Cynthia Rowley's shoes. I bought a pair of hers for my second pair of wedding shoes and her highest heels are around 3 inches. I will let you know when I get my shoes how comfy they are--should be around Wednesday.

And for inquiring minds, yes Steve Madden does make wedding shoes, and they are also some of my most comfortable shoes.

ETA: You can get a lot of Cynthia Rowley shoes on 6pm.com for around half off, if you're interested.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/22/2009 8:01:53 PM
Author: Clairitek
The most comfortable heels I''ve evern worn were from Steve Madden. Though, I am not positive that he makes any wedding-ish shoes so this comment might be useless.
3.gif

If you go to stevemadden.com, he''s got a bridal section! I absolutely LOVE Steve Madden, Steven, and Madden Girl shoes!!!! They''re sexy, flattering, they fit so well, and they are truly the most comfortable heeled shoes I''ve ever worn.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/22/2009 1:25:22 AM
Author: Gypsy
Ballroom dancing shoes. Professional dancing shoes. Hands down. In another lifetime, I did some theater and we had to buy some professional dancing heels for a couple of my roles. Tried on quite a few, and they were the most stable and comfy heels I''ve ever worn.

I just did a search for dance shoes, and I came across Danceshoesonline. They have a GREAT selection, and you can actually order what height heel you want! I think that''s the way I''m going to go. If I''m going to spend more than $100 on a pair of shoes, I want to be able to wear them for more than just one event, and I think I''ll go with either silver or gold (waiting for the gown to come in to see which will go best). Gold and silver shoes are a classic that will never go out of style for dress events. I remember my mom using the same pair for weddings and dress occasions for more than 20 years, and they still looked great.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the tips everyone!

Freke - I checked out that website but they don''t ship to Canada... dope!

I will keep you posted re. what I decide :)

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
What about this pair from Cole Hann? Are they better than the other 2?

D2743cole.png

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I love this last one you just posted. Still not sure I''d consider those comfy though. All that time standing during the wedding and reception...
33.gif

I can''t wear super high heels either. Man......they kill my little feet! Maybe because I don''t wear ''em enough. I don''t know...

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Here is an update collage with more options :)

anothercolehanncol.jpg

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 6:06:50 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
I love this last one you just posted. Still not sure I''d consider those comfy though. All that time standing during the wedding and reception...
33.gif

I can''t wear super high heels either. Man......they kill my little feet! Maybe because I don''t wear ''em enough. I don''t know...
Ya same here. In highschool I wore high high heels every single day and they never bothered me. Now, since I have started gradschool, I always dress in runners or casual shoes... When I wear heels now I die - my lower back kills and I get blisters everywhere
7.gif

The Cole Hann''s have a ton of cushioning which is great. I am also wondering if sandals/sling backs might create less blistering in the back of my foot but there is also less support. I am super nervous cause during our ceremony I have to walk down some stairs before I walk down the aisle.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd go with the peep toe Cole Haan out of those. There are things you can do about blisters, but you can't add support. You know? And I think you picked a good heel height there, which should allow you to walk and dance with some comfort. Hmmm...

ETA: They look like the shortest heel. Also, have you tried the SWs? My SWs are probably close to 4 inches, and pretty dang uncomfortable after standing in them for more than 15 minutes.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 6:38:24 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I''d go with the peep toe Cole Haan out of those. There are things you can do about blisters, but you can''t add support. You know? And I think you picked a good heel height there, which should allow you to walk and dance with some comfort. Hmmm...

ETA: They look like the shortest heel. Also, have you tried the SWs? My SWs are probably close to 4 inches, and pretty dang uncomfortable after standing in them for more than 15 minutes.
I did try on the SW''s... you are right - not comfortable at all! The heels are only 2 3/4 inches but the fabric and cushioning wasn''t great at all. I think I might order the pump peep toes and try them out - I can always return them if they aren''t nice :)Another plus if that I can dye them and wear them again afterwards (apparently the material is dyeable).

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the peep toes are a good idea because they also have some platforms and that will help with the heel height. I hope they work out!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results