shape
carat
color
clarity

Colt to stop making AR-15

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not the first time Colt has sold out, last time it forced them into bankruptcy.
But considering they were way over priced and sitting on a ton of inventory its not unexpected.
They have been banking on their name again and the AR market is very highly competitive.
It is a sign of piss poor management more than anything else.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kudos to Colt for being humane and concerned, if their reasoning is based on money and stock I don't care, the less guns the better.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are still going to make them, but not sell to the public.

They will be available to police and military.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Good move on their part. For what-ever reason.

Again, I got to thinking that one of the main reasons given for the proliferation of guns is to protect the individual from Government Oppression. (As per Constitution) When the US military comes a calling gun advocates will be ready to defend against take-over. I will tell you why your guns will do nothing to protect you from the Govt.

Weapons have evolved, from stones, rocks, muskets, bayonettes, revolvers, repeaters, and AR15' types. Gov't takeover is not going to take place with these types of weapons. The new weapon will be their ability to follow your every movement all the time. Your phone will allow them to track you Your TV will allow them to see and hear what interest you have. Your computers will allow them to follow you where ever you go. They will read your e-mails,. The die has been cast. Congress is an inept org. that doesn't think or do much and is too late. The Gov't will in the end decide they have to control the technology. You don't need guns anymore. The Gov't, if and when it wants to can takeover without a shot being fired. It is an illusion that you can protect against Gov't interference in your life. Its too late.

O"Shiny--if you read this, please copy your list of instances where the Gov't is already watching. I was so glad to read what you wrote. I agree with you completely. I, of course tell myself that is why I have kept computer illiterate. They can only know that I like Jewelry and keep my eyes open on Politics.:lol:

No More Guns Annette

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@smitcompton well, I think it’s for a variety of reasons, some of which we are unable to foresee or anticipate.

Some of these are going to sound dramatic, but here I go:

1) After Katrina, DH was let in after a few days since he is a first responder. There was no infrastructure so he guarded himself and our house with a variety of weapons, including assault rifles. It was a desolate time. Nothing bad happened, but they were reassuring to have.

2) Louisiana reciprocates with Kentucky. Once my racehorse was in the Kentucky derby and so we RVd tailgated at Churchill Downs. The minute the race day was over, the military left and the police wer overwhelmed. DH was assaulted by a meth head and his group (they actually laid hands on him at which point I had my cast iron skillet ready to bash a head in). I called 911 3 times over 45 minutes and they told me they were swamped and overwhelmed. DH had long gone and gotten his glock and was not brandishing it, but had it in case the situation was escalating which it was. Finally on the 3rd 911 call, I told them the situation was escalating and DH has a concealed carry permit with Louisiana which reciprocated with Kentucky and he had it on his person and was prepared to use it. The police promptly came that time. The meth head’s blood made it home on the outside of the RV because he had been banging on it to try and incite us further.

3) zombie apocalypse

4) pandemic with lawlessness

5) other natural disaster

6) any situation that is possible but you can’t think of right now.

It is also my experience that people who live in a large city have zero idea of what it’s like to live in a rural area.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave if you're ever in Louisville again let me know! I'm 2 hrs north and love that town!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Colts are too expensive for what they put out anyway. Plenty other manufacturers out there just as good and less $. Are they anticipating a possible attempt a'la Purdue Pharmacy to sue manufacturers and skating out early? :think: Or is it taking the opportunity to virtue signal that has nothing to do with actual reasons like too much inventory coupled with too much competition? Whatever their reasons, they are a private company and can do as they see fit for their investors.

Last edited:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

My post was speaking to the issue of individual protection against tyranny of the Gov't. The instances that Whitewave gave for self protection are not overly dramatic and we should afford individuals protection of their loved ones and/or their property. In fact, it is exactly those situations that most reasonable people would agree that possession of a gun is not out of order. Nor is hunting. However the right to bear arms is not unlimited and can and should be limited to how many and what type of guns are permissible. Also, if people say they hunt, they ought to be able to establish this as a fact, and if it is found they do not hunt, but are just accumulating guns, they ought to lose this right. If the hunting license is revoked or goes unused, the guns are no longer legal. Yes, these are very dangerous weapon and ought to be as regulated as a controlled substance. A controlled substance has legitimate uses, so to can guns have legitimate uses.

Of course the question is how to keep them out of the reach of no-gooders. We can't have children being killed as if we live in a war zone. Much more restrictions are necessary. Many societies function well without guns. We can have limited use.

Annette

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave if you're ever in Louisville again let me know! I'm 2 hrs north and love that town!

I’m out of the business now. I did the owner’s walk at Kentucky Derby, one horse in Preakness that year, and two horses in Belmont (which I attended as well). I pretty much hit the pinnacle of thoroughbred racing so there was no need to continue. The KD horse came in second lol. Obviously it goes without saying that I was a fractional owner. Lots of stories to tell about all of it.

So I probably won’t be back in Louisville again, but I will definitely let you know if I am. I found the 2 Derby days to be overwhelming to say the least (but definitely a bucket list activity in its entirety).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results