shape
carat
color
clarity

Colposcopies stink!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
So I just got back from having my second colposcopy done. Yes, ladies, my second! WOW, I thought the first one was bad, but this one was much worse! I really don''t remember being in so much pain last time. I am supposed to visit my Fiance this weekend, and had planned on leaving right after the my appointment, but it hurts too bad! I may have to sleep this one off!

On top of the barbaric procedure (exaggeration, my doctor really is wonderful) I had a 20 minute anxiety attack and had to lay down at the office afterwards. I am a neurotic mess.

Just needed an e-hug since I am sitting all alone in my apartment.

Anyone else like to share their experience with me so I don''t feel so lonely?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Awe, Izzy, ::hugs::. I had one more than 5 years ago and it was awful. The doctor didn''t explain it and I was in high school and didn''t know to ask. He didn''t tell me I''d be bleeding and cramping and didn''t even give me a pad. Needless to say I switched doctors after that visit.

I hope your results come back ok.

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
I''ve never had one done, but I know from other stories that they really are no fun.
Hugs to you and I hope your results are ok!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending hugs and tea! Hope that you''re feeling a bit better.

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys! Hopefully don''t I need a LEEP next! No amount of Xanax would be strong enought for me to handle that!

I ate McDonalds (disgusting, yes, but those greasy french fries always comfort me) and popped 800 mg Ibuprofen, so while I am still uncomfortable, I am feeling much better.

I guess I should look on the bright side, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, right?

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Doh, I read this and thought it was about colonoscopys. Then I read bleeding, and I thought you must have had a barbarian for a doctor
23.gif

Nevermind ladies. You won''t have one of those for another 30 or more years, and they''re painless (you''re on happy drugs).

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry that you are in pain. These things are never pleasant. I have had a punch biopsy and I thought that was bad enough. My sister and mum have had colposcopies done and they were very upset afterwards.

To have a panic attack after that proceedure must have been awful too.

I am sending you e-hugs by the bucketload!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
colposcopies SUCK Sorry you aren''t feeling well. Take a nap, watch a sappy movie, and don''t feel guilty over the Mcie D''s I did it to.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
So sorry about your procedure being so terrible. ((sending ehugs))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t remember if it was the colposcopy or the LEEP, but the type of anesthetic they used was the worst part for me. It made my heart race and feel like I might have a heart attack. This was not anxiety on my part, it was the anethesia!!!! I hope I never have to have that again, that''s for sure!

nomissjane

Shiny_Rock
I''m sending an E-hug your way.......

.....did you get it?..... If I could I would also be sending a bucket of Hoboken Crunch Homer Hudson Ice Cream and a really good girly movie (the kind your DH/DF doesn''t love)

I''ve had both of those procedures twice and both times my doctor has told me that they will be ''uncomfortable''.....but then they were both male doctors who couldn''t possible know what it''s really like....

Hope your feeling better soon

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Feeling much better! I was in tremendous pain afterwards but honestly felt very little pain after the ibuprofen kicked in. No pain today, and very little discharge, so thumbs up! While my first was painful, I had to have two biopsies this time, as opposed to one last time, so I guess I should have anticipated more pain. My fiance was there to hold my hand the first time, but was unable to be there there this time. I have learned my lesson, though, if I have to anything like this again in the future, I won''t go alone!

Pray for me that everything looks good and I don''t need a LEEP! Seriously, I will cry, just give me a valium implant now!

You all are too wonderful! It is good to know I am not the only who found this quick procedure very difficult!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 1:37:37 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Doh, I read this and thought it was about colonoscopys. Then I read bleeding, and I thought you must have had a barbarian for a doctor
23.gif

Nevermind ladies. You won''t have one of those for another 30 or more years, and they''re painless (you''re on happy drugs).
That''s what I thought, too! Lol!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
If your Dr. will do it, I strongly suggest going under for the LEEP. I've had both cryotherapy and the LEEP done and my doc actually anesthetizes for all LEEPs unless the patient requests not to be put under. Cryo was a horrible experience and it didn't take care of the problem. The LEEP did take care of it.

Sending hugs your way...

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I''m not at all sure what either of these procedures are that you are discussing, but I wanted to give you my sincere best wishes. I hope you are feeling better, and that results of the tests have been well worth the discomfort of the exams.
35.gif

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 10:33:54 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Aw Izzy, I''m sorry. My Mom died from colon cancer when I was very young, so I have to go now every five years.. doesn''t make me happy but better living than not. The worst thing about mine was that my blood pressure dropped so low they couldn''t give me the second sedative to knock me out.. I was fully awake the whole time.
7.gif
Hugs.

Cervical cancer is actually what my doctors are testing for (colPOSCOPY not colONOSCOPY). I haven''t had children yet, so you can see my concerns! But either way thank you for your words!

Very sorry to hear about your mother. I know very little about colonoscopies but I hear they are no fun. Just to end on a positive note, at least you don''t have to have one anually! Hugs to you!

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
I had my first one a few weeks ago and it was, indeed, no fun at all. Fortunately the doctor said she didn''t see much and that things looked ok-- but I''m still waiting on pins and needles til the official results come back. The doctor said I''d need to be monitored for 18 more months so that''s... 3 more colposcopies to go. Boo.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Izzy, I sympathize with and am sending you a HUGE HUG right now. I went through a colpo and a LEEP in the last year, and they were so awful. I was so terrified and panicked that the doctor gave me Xanax and Percocet beforehand.

Here''s hoping it won''t ever happy again to either of us. I''m supposed to have an appointment to make sure all the potentially harmful cells are gone, and I''m really nervous I might need another round of treatment. I''m keeping my fingers crosses for you.

You need one of these:
martini.gif

And a couple of these:
console2.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Hope you are feeling better. I had a great doc for all of mine (3, maybe 4), and I was often shocked when they were done. Leep was not bad either - I went straight from there to the office.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 1:47:58 AM
Date: 9/22/2008 7:37:36 PM

Author: Izzy03

Date: 9/22/2008 10:33:54 AM

Aw Izzy, I''m sorry. My Mom died from colon cancer when I was very young, so I have to go now every five years.. doesn''t make me happy but better living than not. The worst thing about mine was that my blood pressure dropped so low they couldn''t give me the second sedative to knock me out.. I was fully awake the whole time.
7.gif
Hugs.

Cervical cancer is actually what my doctors are testing for (colPOSCOPY not colONOSCOPY). I haven''t had children yet, so you can see my concerns! But either way thank you for your words!

Very sorry to hear about your mother. I know very little about colonoscopies but I hear they are no fun. Just to end on a positive note, at least you don''t have to have one anually! Hugs to you!

I''m sorry.. I was tired when I read this..
20.gif
blushing.. I''m sorry.. I think there''s another thread about Colpo''s as well.. silly me.. *sigh* I''ve done THIS too.. and hated it.. both times.
7.gif

Sorry for my mis read.. been rough the past few days..
15.gif
its okay SDL.. i read it the same way you did... :) I was going to say I heard those are not fun at all... NEITHER of them are... Im sorry Izzy.. I hope you feel better soon!!! I hope everything comes out okay!! I always get worried when I go to the dr because when my mom was my age they told her she couldnt have kids (and she was with my now stepdad at the time...and they broke up because he wanted kids) but low and behold she had 3 :).. so I get super nervous too....I hope the wedding planning is coming along good!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results