shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored gemstone IN pearl jewelry?!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Hello Again!

I have seen jewelry before where a diamond is carefully bezeled and set into a drilled pearl for a ring or pendant and ive always found them to be visually stunning.

I came upon this ring today with a citrine in a grey pearl ring in a yellow gold setting and couldnt get it off my mind....I had to purchase it and its my birthday so I couldnt resist! I know im bad...

Anyways, I am so struck by the unique setting and construction that I did some research but was unable to find any info about when diamonds set into pearls became a "thing". To be Frank I couldnt even find another piece of jewelry that had a colored gemstone set into a pearl instead of a diamond.

Does anyone have A piece of jewelry similar or know anything about the possible age of the piece or when artists first started constructing pieces as such? Anything?

s-l400 (17).jpg s-l400 (18).jpg s-l400 (19).jpg s-l400 (20).jpg
Thanks!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen this before and I think it's super cool! But don't have any of my own :(

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so cool! Lovely design...and I can imagine it with other round rings, like your star rose quartz and ringed Tahitian pearl ring. The wonderful uniqueness suits you! Happy birthday!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve seen this type of thing done a lot with onyx, carnelian, so my guess is it became popular during the Victorian period? Your ring is absolutely exquisite, the workmanship seems really elegant and graceful too...

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@lovedogs I remember seeing a ring years ago that had a natural turquoise donut about 8mm, sleeping beauty color, with a gorgeous sparkly white diamond bezel set inside of the donut. It was set in yellow gold and I think about it often. I supose this ring somewhat reminded me of it and I couldnt pass it up! Theres some lovely $200-$300 14k diamond-in-pearl rings on ebay right now also (; not that I'm...ya know...encouraging this or anything :twisted2:

@Bluegemz I'm glad you appreciate my odd little beauty! It is definetely my style (: & ahh both of those ideas make me soon.....ahhhh. A Tahitian with a bright purpley-pink garnet would be divine! Usually im not over the moon for citrine but theres something special about this little 5mm guy. He has character and sparkle. I'll have to think up a fun little name! Something nature or food related perhaps haha

@peacechick I think you may be correct! Ive always adored the look of diamonds set into onyx. I even have a sweet pendant set with camphor glass and a little diamond. Its very art deco. Ive always wanted to find a large matching ring for it. This pearl and citrine ring was slightly different in that the gemstone is truly being cradled by the pearl and seems apart of it. A strange thing to fabricate but lovely nonetheless! The workmanship was also a factor, as simple as it may be, seems so well done that I couldnt say no to its price. Thank you for the sweet compliments!

@yssie *Swoon* Those pieces are deliciously different!
They both remind me of the gorgeous, gorgeous necklace owned by one of our own; baby nurse!

Its A lovely baroque shaped pearl in a geode with green diamonds....so lovely!
CD8357E6-05C3-48D2-BE55-C1AB80D4C167.jpeg 77459C18-E13D-4A99-B3D3-3A097B1EACA3.jpeg 212978DD-355F-4948-B630-E289D22A7F3A.jpeg 8DB77BBC-9A48-4592-875B-E5313B587A54.jpeg

Obviously im loving jewelry pieces that combine pearls and gemstones into one OR pieces that create one shape or shield with two different gemstones!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely birthday present, Happy Birthday! We bought my daughter a pearl drop necklace that has a diamond inset in it. I think it was back in the early 2000's. I think it was by Galatea. If you search Galatea diamond in a pearl all sorts of things come up. Hers looks like this...

Lis pearl.png

Attachments

• Lis pearl.png
    Lis pearl.png
    119.3 KB · Views: 18

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Personally I don't care for it. It looks like an eyeball to me! :eek2:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Personally I don't care for it. It looks like an eyeball to me! :eek2:

Haha I can see the eye but it reminds me of an egg more with a yellow yolk.
Different strokes for different folks! That's what is so beautiful about the world, there is something for all of us and room for all of us. :kiss2:
Do you have a favorite style of jewelry that is somewhat "off the cuff"? Id love to see! (:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Lovely birthday present, Happy Birthday! We bought my daughter a pearl drop necklace that has a diamond inset in it. I think it was back in the early 2000's. I think it was by Galatea. If you search Galatea diamond in a pearl all sorts of things come up. Hers looks like this...

Lis pearl.png

How lovely! After I purchased my ring and was looking up more pieces like mine, I came accross similar necklaces and thought about what a beautiful gift they'd make, especially for a daughter! How sweet!

They remind me of a different kind of target jewelry (: Plus pearls are so indicative of purity of the soul, and innocence; femininity, what a lovely gift!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it’s cool. I like the egg ring. Hi boughtvmy mom a larimar ring several years ago. The larimar was set into mother of pearl. Anyway, I thought it was cool because most larimar jewelry looks similar.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool ring! Congrats on your purchase and your birthday!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
It's here and it is so different than anything I've ever seen and I'm loving it! The bezel around the gemstone is such a nice texture and the citrine has way more sparkle than you'd expect for one; It's even making me think that it could be another stone, despite the seller saying that he designed the piece.
Nevertheless, its a special little piece that will commemorate my birthday this year.
Hoping everyone has a fertile year! :P2
20190107_172027.jpg
20190107_172521.jpg 20190107_172516~2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results