shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored diamonds from Israel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geevon

Rough_Rock
I''ve checked some website which got diamonds in a huge color selection.

The website says "The Israeli Diamond Industry" so I am wondering what is the difference between diamonds from Israel to other diamonds? (for example Sierra Leone, or any other places in Africa or any other countries which the diamonds industry is popular at)

And I checked for prices at the website and colored diamonds (pink, yellow, green) are MUCH more expensive than white diamonds. It''s like that everywhere?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Israel is one of the main cutting centres in the world.

A bit like Antwerp.

The diamonds still come from Canada/Russia/South Africa etc etc

Good, natural coloured diamonds are on the whole a LOT more expensive than a white diamond of the same size.

Red diamonds are rarest of all - a 1ct red diamond can easily cost over $1 million.

geevon

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/17/2008 1:07:57 PM
Author: Pandora II
Israel is one of the main cutting centres in the world.

A bit like Antwerp.

The diamonds still come from Canada/Russia/South Africa etc etc

Good, natural coloured diamonds are on the whole a LOT more expensive than a white diamond of the same size.

Red diamonds are rarest of all - a 1ct red diamond can easily cost over $1 million.

You''re serious? Didn''t had a clue! I knew Israel have got a big diamonds "stock exchange" in Ramat Gan - but didn''t knew they''re cutting!

Thanks for the knowledge
9.gif

Splinter

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/17/2008 1:07:57 PM
Author: Pandora II

If you can find one...
2.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I saw one once at a dealer I worked with in Antwerp.

I wasn''t allowed to hold it - just to look at a distance. It was less than a carat but pretty amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results