shape
carat
color
clarity

Color

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

boots7

Rough_Rock
When viewing stones between 2-3 carats. How noticeable if any is the color difference between a G and an F? There is a big difference in price and wanted to know what everyone thought about color difference.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still wouldn''t notice it, especially once set, however G and I color maybe, depends on how color sensitive you are.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, not to me.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Boots,
Great question!

We''ve found that some people are far more sensitive to color.
This is true outside the diamond world- it''s just a fact of life that some have greater sensitivity to different shades of color.
The extreme would be a person who is color blind.

First you need to find out where you fall on this scale.
Can you see the difference between the two stones?

How the diamond is set will also make a huge difference in the "face up" color.

If you can''t see the difference I''d suggest considering looking at even lower colors- maybe look at H color as well.
You are correct, there''s a noticeable difference in the prices between an E and an F.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely depends on you.

I can''t see a thing face-up til I get to J and below, even in those sizes.

From the side, the difference between even G and H seems obvious to me.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Like what everyone else said...some will notice it- some won''t...personally for me, I wouldn''t notice it.

boots7

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help. At 2.5cts it make a huge difference in price. I will need to look at the stones in person and decide.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/8/2009 5:28:59 PM
Author:boots7
When viewing stones between 2-3 carats. How noticeable if any is the color difference between a G and an F? There is a big difference in price and wanted to know what everyone thought about color difference.
I have actually viewed similar diamonds of these colour grades and sizes in person so can give you my thoughts based on what I saw, however I saw no difference between these grades when mounted. If you could do the same that would be helpful, see if you have a Jareds closeby and if they have similar size diamonds in their Peerless range of F and G colour. It isn't really possible to make a judgement based on computer images and videos to get an idea of any colour difference or individual perception or preference, so it really is best to view in person to to get any meaningful information.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/8/2009 5:31:50 PM
Author: D&T
I still wouldn''t notice it, especially once set, however G and I color maybe, depends on how color sensitive you are.
I totally agree. My stone is G / VS2 and it''s a lovely white color. I''m perfectly happy with it and wouldn''t have wanted my FI to waste (in my opinion) money on getting an F instead

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/9/2009 8:35:33 AM
Author: Londongirl1
My stone is G / VS2 and it's a lovely white color.
I'm perfectly happy with it and wouldn't have wanted my FI to waste (in my opinion) money on getting an F instead

Waste?

I don't think you'd like it if a person who bought an H said your G was a waste of money.

Opinion or no, we can resect everyone's choices by the way we word things.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn''t hestiate one second to get the G. In fact, I had the chance to see a 3.5 carat I-J color hearts and arrows stone this summer, and there''s no way I would have guessed it was that color because it faced up totally white in natural light.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results