shape
carat
color
clarity

Color difference in a three stone with OECs

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were going to make a three stone ring with the 1.03 J/K OEC that I recently acquired, how much color difference will I be safe with?

I ask because I also have bought a .56 H/I and a .59 H/I. I think the size combination would make a nice 3 stone.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whatever you own eyes tolerate is good. It's your ring on your finger. See the diamonds side by side in person and see what you think.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I made a five stone with an L center. The other stones were G/H/I, and I could not notice a difference when worn on the hand. Now, if I held it up to 6 inches, I could discern the color difference, but I ain't lettin' anybody that close to my rings!! :tongue:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Upgradable|1336309268|3188566 said:
I made a five stone with an L center. The other stones were G/H/I, and I could not notice a difference when worn on the hand. Now, if I held it up to 6 inches, I could discern the color difference, but I ain't lettin' anybody that close to my rings!! :tongue:

Thanks Upgradable. Sounds good to me :bigsmile:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
My guess would be only you would ever know there was any difference! The general public smile and go OOOOH! and then never look at the details the same way we pick every little thing apart! :wink2:

Can you view them all together, as Gypsy suggested? That would be the deciding factor for me - if I like it and I'm comfortable with the colours side by side, then that's all that matters.

My highly technical based informed opinion :loopy:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1336314648|3188617 said:
My guess would be only you would ever know there was any difference! The general public smile and go OOOOH! and then never look at the details the same way we pick every little thing apart! :wink2:

Can you view them all together, as Gypsy suggested? That would be the deciding factor for me - if I like it and I'm comfortable with the colours side by side, then that's all that matters.

My highly technical based informed opinion :loopy:

I have the .56 H/I and the 1.03 J/K. I will get the .59 H/I Tuesday. So I will see then what my eyes think!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
**enerchi marks on calendar to look for Bright Ice's posting of photos of OEC's**

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please post lots - can't wait to see them all together - it really does sound like it would be AWESOME!!!
but wait --- weren't you also considering using these stones with your new red spinel? or are those other stones? Man, do you have a diamond mine below your house??? I wanna play with your stuff - - can I come over???? :bigsmile: :D :bigsmile:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I think it's going to depend on how they were graded and what your tolerance for color differences. I think the proportions are going to be awesome. I love .5, 1, .5 three stone rings. :love:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1336316726|3188639 said:
**enerchi marks on calendar to look for Bright Ice's posting of photos of OEC's**

Please post lots - can't wait to see them all together - it really does sound like it would be AWESOME!!!
but wait --- weren't you also considering using these stones with your new red spinel? or are those other stones? Man, do you have a diamond mine below your house??? I wanna play with your stuff - - can I come over???? :bigsmile: :D :bigsmile:

I always laugh when I read your posts Enerchi. I bet your always the life of the party. :razz:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahaha!! and sometimes, Christina, I'm the only one AT the party!! My DH and family just totally tune me out. I'm cracking myself up and laughing away at myself, doubled up in hilarity, and they just look at me blankly like I'm some alternate life form - so, I'm glad I can make you guys laugh! Thanks for saying that! :))

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1336316726|3188639 said:

No, not these for the spinel. I would have to locate and buy 2 small cushion cut diamonds.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
ah HA! ok... clarity returns!
Still - nice plans you have for BOTH future 3 stone rings - you have amazing taste in jewellry! :appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1336318280|3188655 said:
Still - nice plans you have for BOTH future 3 stone rings - you have amazing taste in jewellry! :appl:

Thanks Enerchi.
Check out a ring I posted over in the Antique and Vintage section.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on how color sensitive you are in real life. But it also depends on the cuts of the OECs, since the cut of OECs can be somewhat inconsistent. Two OECs can be graded the same color but look completely different in real life because of their cut.

I can't wait to see pictures, and I hope they match up!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I agree with armywife when she refers to cut. For me, a significant difference in the facet patterning, culet size, or table are much more distracting than color differences.

It's like accessorizing. Different colors within the same style look good together. City chic and country bumpkin don't often mesh.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
bright ice|1336319032|3188669 said:
Enerchi|1336318280|3188655 said:

Thanks Enerchi.
Check out a ring I posted over in the Antique and Vintage section.

Lovely antique ring!! Are you the new owner or still considering it? Very unique. I really like it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results