shape
carat
color
clarity

collection sources

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
So After buying my topaz for this little experiment of mine, I am considering the idea of starting a loose stone collection and setting them as I can/want to. My big question here is, what is a good source for nice well cut colored stones? Where does one start in this? When I was younger, my favorite thing to do on trips to the mountain was to mine for gemstones at the little mining places where you buy bags of dirt, so it isn''t very surprising to me that I would want to do this, as I have always loved gemstones and rocks and minerals and shells hahaha. Also someone pleeeease tell me how to get good pics so I can post my wittle collection of jewelry? Thanks!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I''ve purchased stones from ACStones, AJSGems, Lapilia, GemCal, Wildfish Gems and one other place that I''m not allowed to mention.

As for getting good pics of your gems, the macro mode of your camera and a mini tripod are your friends.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks for posting these links! i''ve been on the lookout for some stones and hadn''t come across these sites yet.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I had visited a couple of these and really liked them. I''ll keep them listed on my comp. Thanks a bunch!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results