shape
carat
color
clarity

Cold Feet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Quandoflu

Rough_Rock
I am getting a little worried. I started searching for an engagement ring about 8 months ago (on and off since then) and about a month ago I went into a local shop to just look around. The older gentleman behind the counter helped me and I ended up putting a ring on lay-away. It was a 14k white gold setting that resembled the ''Naked Diamonds'' peter storm collection (it says something about Ashi Diamonds, not sure about that company though). The center stone was roughly .5ct and the 6 other stones probably totaled roughly the same. I saw the asking price on the ring and it was $3800. After we spoke for a bit and he asked me what my budget was, he ended up offering me this ring for $1900. I absolutely love this ring and the setting and I think that my GF will love it. For some reason I am getting cold feet in getting this ring. I did not do all the things that I wanted to do when I originally started looking. I acting completely on emotion of finding something that looked great. All the other center stones I have seen were horrible and overpriced and the salespeople talked like they were the most beautiful things they have ever seen (even though there were very visible inclusions).

Maybe it is just the nervousness of making a purchase of something that symbolizes your love for someone and that you hope they will cherrish.

Maybe I just needed to type this out to calm down

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
What you are feeling is completely normal.
1.gif

Besides a car or house, I think an engagement ring is the biggest purchase a guy will make. Most of these decisions are made with emotion, so don''t fault yourself for that. It is also totally normal to think "did I make the right decision?". Heck, I say that daily!
2.gif

It sounds like a beautiful ring, and the important thing is that you picked out something you think your girlfriend will love. I think she will cherish it even if the ring was ugly.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You say it''s beautiful and you love it. I think it''s a case where you''re just nervous about such an important purchase. Sounds like you are very happy with it, just a case of nerves. Happens all the time. I''d love to see it can you post a pic of it?? Oh and welcome to PS
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wanted to chime in and comment on one area of your post where you said that you didn''t do everything you had wanted to because you fell in love with something and went with emotion.

I think that it''s great that you fall in love with something but I think that you SHOULD check out all your options and cover all the bases in terms of looking around.

I speak from experience when I say that sometimes after the purchase if you did not cover all the bases and check to ensure that you felt absolutely 10000000% positive about what you are buying, you sometimes can have buyers remorse after the fact and wonder if you really made the right decision.

So I would say keep that ring on hold but also check around and ensure that nothing else out there really calls to you as much! Then at least you can rest assured and you may realize that the more you see other things out there, if this ring really does still look as great to you and then you may find your cold feet are warm.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results