shape
carat
color
clarity

CNN Article: Metal detectorist discovers medieval wedding ring worth an estimated $47,000

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lady Brook Medieval Diamond Ring.jpeg

"Due to the location of the find and the quality of the ring, Noonans' experts surmised that it's the wedding ring of Joan Brook, given to her by her husband, Thomas Brook.

"Their marriage in 1388 brought great wealth to the Brook family, the release said, as Joan was the widow of Robert Cheddar, a wealthy cloth merchant and twice mayor of Bristol -- a city in western England.

"It was at a time when medieval notions of chivalry and courtly love were at their zenith, concepts which the ring reflects, Noonans said.
https://www.cnn.com/style/article/denmark-gold-jewelry-find-scli-intl/index.html
"Now known as The Lady Brook Medieval diamond ring, the item will be auctioned on November 29."

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful goldwork. I'd love to have that!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lady Brook Medieval Diamond Ring.jpeg

"Due to the location of the find and the quality of the ring, Noonans' experts surmised that it's the wedding ring of Joan Brook, given to her by her husband, Thomas Brook.

"Their marriage in 1388 brought great wealth to the Brook family, the release said, as Joan was the widow of Robert Cheddar, a wealthy cloth merchant and twice mayor of Bristol -- a city in western England.

"It was at a time when medieval notions of chivalry and courtly love were at their zenith, concepts which the ring reflects, Noonans said.
https://www.cnn.com/style/article/denmark-gold-jewelry-find-scli-intl/index.html
"Now known as The Lady Brook Medieval diamond ring, the item will be auctioned on November 29."

She probably lost it and it probably ended up in the trash.

sorry, everyone, I’m still looking for my rings and it absolutely kills me that if they somehow ended up in the trash that they could be an artifact one day… I wonder what they would guess about me from the CBIs lol.

cool find though. sad it took hundreds of years to find it

chaitea

Rough_Rock
She probably lost it and it probably ended up in the trash.

sorry, everyone, I’m still looking for my rings and it absolutely kills me that if they somehow ended up in the trash that they could be an artifact one day… I wonder what they would guess about me from the CBIs lol.

cool find though. sad it took hundreds of years to find it
Ahh, I feel you. I lost my original e-ring this year and still hope that I'll somehow discover it in some overlooked corner. I also would like to show this to all the people who say that "diamonds rings are just a marketing trend by de Beers, yada yada yada". 1388 and this lady got a diamond rock too.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh, I feel you. I lost my original e-ring this year and still hope that I'll somehow discover it in some overlooked corner. I also would like to show this to all the people who say that "diamonds rings are just a marketing trend by de Beers, yada yada yada". 1388 and this lady got a diamond rock too.

It’s true and it shows you what timeless really means. I would wear it and do absolutely nothing to it.

I hope you find your original e ring.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, too. Such a beautiful design.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results