shape
carat
color
clarity

clutziest!!!! moment!!! ever!!! thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
share your clutziest moment ever!!!!!!!

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
i'll go first. i was driving with my dog (my parents dog) in the car to fill up the car with gas. i turned off the car, and pumped the gas. i decided to wash the windows, and did all that while the gas was pumping. then i got back in my car, got the receipt after the tank was filled. then i drove off. when i was driving off, i head a loud noise! i looked back and realized i forgot to take the gasoline pumper hose out of my car when i was finished and tore it off the gas pump station. everyone was looking at me! the lady working at the gas station was very nice about it, and told me she would fix it and that it was okay. but i can't believe i did that. that is just SO clutzy of me! lol!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Was at the airport in a suit flying out for a grad school interview. At the last minute I heard they changed the gate for the flight (and it was far away) and I was running to get there on time...got on one of those moving sidewalks and ran down it...and got flung off the end when it stopped. Totally face planted in the airport. That kinda sucked.
10.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I must be queen of the klutzes.

Once, I was outside and heard the phone ringing. I ran inside the door and tripped over a 50 lb bag of dog food. Fell flat on my face and broke my nose.

Working in a warehouse, stepped on a floor jack, not once, but twice. Second time broke my foot.

Hiking in the woods, tripped and broke a finger.

Getting out of the shower, slipped on the mat and fell against the tub and broke my ribs.

Dropped a skillet on my foot and broke it.

Those are just a few of my episodes.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 6:34:23 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Was at the airport in a suit flying out for a grad school interview. At the last minute I heard they changed the gate for the flight (and it was far away) and I was running to get there on time...got on one of those moving sidewalks and ran down it...and got flung off the end when it stopped. Totally face planted in the airport. That kinda sucked.
10.gif
OMG, FG .....I just KNEW you were my lost twin after the key lime thing.....but THIS? THIS proves it.

Four years ago, I was flying to spend the weekend with my oldest friend. 40 min ride to the airport....5 minutes before I get there, alternator in my car dies. I lose power and end up on the side of the road. PHONED AAA at 5:30 a.m. to come get the car, and then phoned a taxi to come pick my ass up on the INTERSTATE highway to get me to the airport! LOL

ETA: OHHHHHHHHHH - and the most telling part about the story is how MIFFED my ya-ya gals were that they MISSED seeing it in person. Damn near peed themselves just hearing about it, and it's a fondly told story in my circle. THANK GOD they didn't actually witness it - it would be relentless then!

Get to the airport with 20 min to catch my flight.......and the line to clear security (at this weeny regional airport) is JAMMED. I finally get to the screener, and they are calling final boarding call on my flight. This guy decides I *must* be a terrorist, and pulls my overnight bag to swab for explosives! GRRRRRR

He finally gives up the bag, and I go SPRINTING down to the end of the corridor....only to find that my flight is one of those ground-level commuter jobs. I tear down the stairs, at the bottom of which is this declining grade ramp. I have my rolling carry-on behind me.

This next part happens in slow-motion, by the way. I REALIZE that my upper half is moving faster than my lower half can keep up, and that I am headed for peril....but I cannot correct it. Out of my control.

I pitched forward, slammed both knees into the floor and BELLY FLOPPED down the ramp, skidding face-down about six feet. My roll-on bag goes skittering in front of me about 10 feet further.

FIRST THING I DO? Crane my head around to see if anyone just WITNESSED that, and hastily get up. My knees were WRECKED,, but I had to keep going---LIMPED to the damn gate and they had to hobble up the friggin stairs of the commuter flight. Of course, everyone on the little plane is LOOKING AT ME becuase I made it LITERALLY as they were going to shut the cabin door----and because I looked all disshevelled.

Yeah. Grace is not my strong suit, yanno?

10.gif

ETA: I wish I could even claim this as my clumsiest moment, but the bald truth is this: this is just one of several stories I could have chosen. I'm widely known for doing a face-plant not once, but TWICE......on my HONEYMOON! Once about 12 feet from the edge of the VERY LARGE CLIFF at the Marin Headlands overlooking the Golden Gate bridge, and four days later on the concrete sidewalk at the Hoover Dam....with about 75 people across the street all witnessing that one!
14.gif

I am the biggest klutz known to man. I fell down the stairs nearly every day in kindergarten ....the SAME stairs! LOL No grace here.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am lefty and think we tend to be clutzier for some brain wiring reason.

I have tripped on nothing, banged into walls, turned and forgotten I left a cabinet open, thought there was another step and done a twirly at the bottom...

One nasty incident, I was taking my son to the bathroom in a McDonald''s. They had just mopped up something RIGHT OUTSIDE the restroom door but had left the floor really wet. As I stepped toward the door to grab the handle and pull, my foot slipped out from under me and my hand flew up to my face to protect it. However, my thumbnail smashed into my face, right between my eyes, and scooped up skin with up, so I had a weird chunk of skin coming up. I freaked and put neosporin and the curad scar stuff on (by the way it works well!!!) and it filled back in, went away almost 100%...

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
My klutziest moment was today actually. I was getting gas this morning, and I am NOT a morning person mind you. I run on auto-pilot until around noon. Anyway, the gas was done pumping, and I wasn''t paying attention to anything, just coasting ya know... and I pulled the nozzle out.... while holding down the lever that pumps the gas out. LUCKILY I reacted extremely quickly, and just hit my CAR with lots of gas, and didn''t get any on myself. Sigh. I was too embarrassed to even turn around to see if anyone noticed.

*M*

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Oh but can I please tell you DH's clutziest moment?? LOL! The poor man is just not all that graceful sometimes. Once, when we were dating in high school, we were bowling as an after date from homecoming. We had only been going out a few months and so he was trying to impress me with his bowling skills... boys. Well, he went to bowl and had done pretty well up until this point, when he got distracted when I said something, and FORGOT TO LET GO OF THE BALL. Yes. He SLID about half way down the alley. It was hilarious!! However, we haven't stepped foot in a bowling alley since, and he didn't find it all that amusing.

*M*

ETA: Now that I'm thinking about it, most of DH's accidents happen because I distract him from what he is doing... I hope I'm not a danger to his health!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Well....how odd. I did an edit, and it evidently posted in the wrong part of the post.

For some reason, there is no way for me to edit it now????

so, for clarity, this part should have come AFTER the story - before the shown ETA:

ETA: OHHHHHHHHHH - and the most telling part about the story is how MIFFED my ya-ya gals were that they MISSED seeing it in person. Damn near peed themselves just hearing about it, and it''s a fondly told story in my circle. THANK GOD they didn''t actually witness it - it would be relentless then!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pop, I am with you! My friends know if they call me before noon I am likely comatose. I take my youngest to school in pj, uggs and big coat, come home and get back into bed!!!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 9:23:41 PM
Author: aljdewey

10.gif

OMG, FG .....I just KNEW you were my lost twin after the key lime thing.....but THIS? THIS proves it.

Four years ago, I was flying to spend the weekend with my oldest friend. 40 min ride to the airport....5 minutes before I get there, alternator in my car dies. I lose power and end up on the side of the road. PHONED AAA at 5:30 a.m. to come get the car, and then phoned a taxi to come pick my ass up on the INTERSTATE highway to get me to the airport! LOL

ETA: OHHHHHHHHHH - and the most telling part about the story is how MIFFED my ya-ya gals were that they MISSED seeing it in person. Damn near peed themselves just hearing about it, and it''s a fondly told story in my circle. THANK GOD they didn''t actually witness it - it would be relentless then!

Get to the airport with 20 min to catch my flight.......and the line to clear security (at this weeny regional airport) is JAMMED. I finally get to the screener, and they are calling final boarding call on my flight. This guy decides I *must* be a terrorist, and pulls my overnight bag to swab for explosives! GRRRRRR

He finally gives up the bag, and I go SPRINTING down to the end of the corridor....only to find that my flight is one of those ground-level commuter jobs. I tear down the stairs, at the bottom of which is this declining grade ramp. I have my rolling carry-on behind me.

This next part happens in slow-motion, by the way. I REALIZE that my upper half is moving faster than my lower half can keep up, and that I am headed for peril....but I cannot correct it. Out of my control.

I pitched forward, slammed both knees into the floor and BELLY FLOPPED down the ramp, skidding face-down about six feet. My roll-on bag goes skittering in front of me about 10 feet further.

FIRST THING I DO? Crane my head around to see if anyone just WITNESSED that, and hastily get up. My knees were WRECKED,, but I had to keep going---LIMPED to the damn gate and they had to hobble up the friggin stairs of the commuter flight. Of course, everyone on the little plane is LOOKING AT ME becuase I made it LITERALLY as they were going to shut the cabin door----and because I looked all disshevelled.

Yeah. Grace is not my strong suit, yanno?

10.gif
<----- that''s me....Al J. ''Klutzy'' Cool.....LOL

ETA: I wish I could even claim this as my clumsiest moment, but the bald truth is this: this is just one of several stories I could have chosen. I''m widely known for doing a face-plant not once, but TWICE......on my HONEYMOON! Once about 12 feet from the edge of the VERY LARGE CLIFF at the Marin Headlands overlooking the Golden Gate bridge, and four days later on the concrete sidewalk at the Hoover Dam....with about 75 people across the street all witnessing that one!
14.gif

I am the biggest klutz known to man. I fell down the stairs nearly every day in kindergarten ....the SAME stairs! LOL No grace here.
I''m glad you weren''t seriously hurt, but that story made me literally laugh out loud. Great story telling!

*M*

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2007 5:30:24 PM
Author: biblobaggins23
i'll go first. i was driving with my dog (my parents dog) in the car to fill up the car with gas. i turned off the car, and pumped the gas. i decided to wash the windows, and did all that while the gas was pumping. then i got back in my car, got the receipt after the tank was filled. then i drove off. when i was driving off, i head a loud noise! i looked back and realized i forgot to take the gasoline pumper hose out of my car when i was finished and tore it off the gas pump station. everyone was looking at me! the lady working at the gas station was very nice about it, and told me she would fix it and that it was okay. but i can't believe i did that. that is just SO clutzy of me! lol!
If it's any consolation, I work for a company who services gas stations...a lot of jobs our techs are dispatched to repair the very thing that happened to you! Lots of the big oil companies (Chevron, Mobil, etc.) we have contracts with and they are always reporting (and we go and repair/replace) parts damaged by accidental drive offs. You are so not the first/only person this has happened to, Bilbo! but cute story, I can relate in feeling ditzy like that! I actually do billing for this kind of thing for CA and TX for a living. It happens a lot, trust me!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 12:16:16 AM
Author: diamondfan
I am lefty and think we tend to be clutzier for some brain wiring reason.

I have tripped on nothing, banged into walls, turned and forgotten I left a cabinet open, thought there was another step and done a twirly at the bottom...

One nasty incident, I was taking my son to the bathroom in a McDonald''s. They had just mopped up something RIGHT OUTSIDE the restroom door but had left the floor really wet. As I stepped toward the door to grab the handle and pull, my foot slipped out from under me and my hand flew up to my face to protect it. However, my thumbnail smashed into my face, right between my eyes, and scooped up skin with up, so I had a weird chunk of skin coming up. I freaked and put neosporin and the curad scar stuff on (by the way it works well!!!) and it filled back in, went away almost 100%...
I too am a lefty, but I never connected it to my constant walking into walls, doors, edges of desks and furniture, and on and on. That''s interesting.

I think my most embarrassing moment due to klutziness was when my MD saw the 8, yes 8, bruises I had on my legs and the 4 I had on my arms and asked me if my husband was beating me. Um, no, I''m just a moron who walks into things (3/4) the time I''m not even sure where the bruises come from).

But I think my most public klutz moment was at the Hollywood Bowl. I went to see a symphony with an ex and his parents, they rented a limo to celebrate my b-day, we were all dressed up very nicely and I wore a pair of new shoes that were a bit slippery. I started sliding down the hill outside of the bowl and then feel backwards onto my rear, while still sliding, and ended up with my dress up around my waist, undies exposed for all of the HB patrons to see, and the ex''s mom who thought I was an ungraceful twit. I sure proved her right. It was so terrible, and I''m not one to admit pain so I hopped up dusted myself off and just smiled and nodded while all of these people were asking if I was okay. Of course I''m okay, you''re making it worse by acting you noticed that you saw me!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 9:23:41 PM
Author: aljdewey

10.gif
I swear, I could see your story happening in my mind. Like it was me. It made me remember exactly how it felt to hurtle towards the floor and be unable to stop it.
1.gif

Which reminds me of another story...I was training for my one and only marathon with some friends and some of the longer training runs started really early in the morning, in the dark. We would start out in this park on a trail where all these exposed tree roots were....and they were invisible in the dark. About half a mile in, I tripped over one and went stumbling, arms flailing as my torso was parallel to the ground but my legs were straight, and I was thinking I could recover from the stumble. I could hear my friends next to me shouting (in what reached my ears as slow motion speaking) "Noooooooooooooooooooo, FirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreGodddddddddddessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss." I stumbled for what seemed like an eternity, only to completely bite it in a pile of dust. The worst part was, after the long run was nearly over and we were on our way back, I tripped over ANOTHER tree root and just started wailing that I was doing this to be healthier and all I kept doing was HURTING MYSELF!!!!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve got 2. I am actually called ''The Queen of Clutz" by my supervisor.

Both times I was at work. I am in the armored car industry - armed guard/custodian.

First time: My partner and I went into a do a pick up and delivery at a financial institution after hours. I went and serviced one of the 3 ATM''s they had. When I was done, I grabbed the cast steel door (not the handle) to close it but the door slipped out of my hand. I knew it was going to slam shut so I went to catch the door before it sent off vibration alarms. Well, my fingers got caught between the door and the ATM. I cursed and hopped around holding my fingers (I was hoping the pain would go away), when the pain didn''t go away - I cried.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

I went to the hospital and left there with broken first and second finger tips. I was off for 4 months.

Second time: Halloween night on a busy touristy street - Robson Street, Vancouver, BC
My partner and I were just finishing up servicing a bank. Our next stop was up a 1/2 a block. We usually walk up to our next call.
As we went making our way to our next call, my left foot got caught in something on the ground. I thought I was able to catch myself from falling but as I was taking that one step with my right foot, it too got caught in this thing. I was literally ''hog tied''. All I see are these people walking towards me and seeing me in full uniform drop down llike a ton of bricks. Luckily, I had my bullet proof vest on as they saved my girls from being hurt. My ego was a little bruised too. Hopefully, the people that saw me thought we were just dressed up like armed guards for Hallowen. I tripped on a piece of nylon strapping (straps used to bundle newspapers). I was off for a week with some contusions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results