shape
carat
color
clarity

Clouds and strong fluorescence

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Well well well, so I bought a little square emerald cut on a whim. As usual, I pulled the trigger then I looked closer.
I don't mind, as I wanted a natural little Asscher cut and wanted the fluorescence. I liked the movement in this stone. The "dance" as Karl says :)

The cert says it has a cloud but I cannot see it in the 360. Could this be a small cloud somewhere with the black inclusions? Or, could this be an overblue that will turn hazy outside with the strong blue? Such a small stone does not have a plot on the Dossier, and I am curious.

I am committed either way, I do like the stone and am weird enough to be okay with an interesting stone as a collection/curiosity piece. Just curious.

.75.jpg

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Is that a tiny cloud on P1 as it rotates showing the pavilion? I can't venture an opinion, I don't know enough to say what it might do in strong sunlight.
You picked an interesting stone. K - faint brown. Be still my heart!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Is that a tiny cloud on P1 as it rotates showing the pavilion? I can't venture an opinion, I don't know enough to say what it might do in strong sunlight.
You picked an interesting stone. K - faint brown. Be still my heart!

I am wondering the same. Maybe no one will know til it gets here soon.

Yes to the brown K. As much time as we spend helping others select (or in my case, just encouraging pretty diamond someone else found). I find myself interested in the diamonds that are not the first-string. Give me the weird ones. Probably would not for the main engagement ring, but I like my wonkies too. Sometimes with visible inclusions outside of the table. Sometimes even mottled with "junk" on an emerald cut.

I am waiting for someone to politely suggest I ask for help or freeze my credit card in a block of ice :D.
Strong flouro, brown k, dark inclusions....why yes, get in my cart.

I still love this wonky emerald: https://www.ritani.com/products/1-0...r-si2-clarity-gia-6432915104-sku-d-5thslutnkw

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Interesting how the inclusions reflects in the stone.
There is a cloud near the crystal.
The imaging does not pick up enough detail to say if its going to be an over blue or not.
You will have to look at it and tell us!
Then decide if you love it, I want an over blue stone someday because I think its kewl.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Interesting how the inclusions reflects in the stone.
There is a cloud near the crystal.
The imaging does not pick up enough detail to say if its going to be an over blue or not.
You will have to look at it and tell us!
Then decide if you love it, I want an over blue stone someday because I think its kewl.

Thanks @Karl_K I see two main inclusions. The one at 12 (facing the stone) or the 3 oclock? I am not confident where the crystal is?

Actually, if this is overblue, that would be a bonus, just because... :D

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Right now I'm wearing a 1.07 EC, K w/ med. fluor. Alex is VVS1. Now I wish he had freckles like this one.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Karl finds your Asscher interesting! Look what you started. This is so much fun!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Right now I'm wearing a 1.07 EC, K w/ med. fluor. Alex is VVS1. Now I wish he had freckles like this one.
Love it, and I adore your special little Asscher 1.07 (I have made several adoration posts LOL) . I did see your other beauty, too. You have lovely options. The little one has such a cool like unique soul.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Karl finds your Asscher interesting! Look what you started. This is so much fun!

:) Hahaha...I would imagine myself on a sunny day with a funky oily diamond saying "how kewl is this?". For science!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
NO! Seriously?
well crap, let's keep looking.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Edit, I'll just wait for now. Something else will be found. It is not like I don't hunt often enough :D.

PS, I appreciate the moral support <3

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results