shape
carat
color
clarity

Closets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

My winter vacation project is to turn one of our bedrooms into a large walk in closet. Has anyone else had any experience with this?

I''ve been looking at Closetmaid and Easy Track products so far.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
We used www.easyclosets.com for our closet system when we remodeled three years ago and we couldn''t be more pleased. Check out their website. You can design it online using your actual measurements and they ship everything to you. Installation was very simple.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jelly - do you plan on staying in the house for a long time? Is it possible you might move and the new owners would want the bedroom back as a bedroom? I''m only asking because, as a real estate agent, I see small bedrooms converted to closets quite a bit, especially in vintage properties, and it can be a turn off for potential buyers if they (a) want/need the extra room as a bedroom, and (b) it can give the impression that there is not enough closet space in the house in general so you had to resort to this. Please don''t take my comments in a negative way; I''m just throwing out the idea of thinking ahead if that would be any sort of factor for you. Of course the flip side of this is if there ARE enough other bedrooms in the house you are then really doing a value-added project here.

But now to answer your question. Several of my clients have used the Container Store. They have several levels of finish quality, including some that appear to be built in, and they are great about designing the space to meet your needs. You just go in there with some basic measurements and they ask you a series of questions (how much long hanging stuff do you have versus pants and blouses; how many sweaters; how much folded clothese; etc.) and they come up with a couple of plans for you to consider. If there is one near you it is worth checking out. Also, if you go this route, ask when their semi-annual sale is becuse you can save quite a bit of $.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, thank you for the suggestion about the real estate value. You hit the nail on the head...our house is very small and wasn''t designed with much closet space at all. If/When we decide to sell the house, I''ll do my best to transform the room back into a bedroom. We don''t have any container stores around this part of california. The closest one is about a 2 hour drive away.

Sundial, I''m looking at the website and all I can say is WOW!!! Some of those closets are amazing!

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Ohhh... the great closet organizer adventure! Husband and I added a system to our two closets (yes, older house, minimal closets, but we got SO much more space with these systems!).

We have a Container Store nearby... great customer service and very willing to help you design a system, but even with the kick-butt sales they have, the Elfa system was a bit pricey for us.

The ClosetMaid pieces that we saw at places like Home Depot weren''t terribly good quality.

We ended up with RubberMaid''s line of closet organizers. They come in a few finishes (ours is matte metal) and, for the money, were quite nice and solid. Easy to install, too!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Jelly--Did you get your closets done? If not, the Container Store has online tools for design. I did the design that way but made my own using wood & brackets from Lowes.

gail013

Shiny_Rock
I have been thinking about turning one of the bedrooms into a clost/dressing room. Dee jay is totally right: that most buyers would rather have the additional bedroom. I was thinking that as a dressing room-I would not need to mount a closet orgnizer system, but could do some brackets on the walls with a pole between them, and leave room for free standing chests etc-maybe even take the doors off of the closet and redo that whole area. I would like something that makes it easier to convert back to a bedroom. It is easy these days to find freestanding garment racks that move around too. I always look to upper end retail places for my inspiration. And I am in those all the time.....
2.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
we did it too. used free standing garment racks, put up a heavy dark curtain to block off light. and those huge portable freestanding shelves from home depot.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results