shape
carat
color
clarity

Cleveland Proposal Idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

quern

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

Now that I have my e-ring I'm planning the proposal evening. I want to propose in the next couple of weeks. I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions of romantic restaurants in Cleveland or Chagrin Falls. My current proposal idea is to go out for a romantic dinner and follow it up with a carriage ride (in which I will propose during the carriage ride).

Thanks in advance.

Quern

PS. It also just dawned on me that I could start the day off with us both going on a scenic Cuyahoga Valley train ride, followed up by dinner, carriage ride and proposal. Is this a good or bad idea?

surfrgrl

Rough_Rock
Hey quern:

It all sounds wonderful!

A few tips:

It you go with the Cuy. Valley Railroad, try to get into the "St. Lucie" car. It is a restored car with all of the beautiful wood, glass, etc. and has comfy couches and chairs instead of the bus-like seats in the other cars. It only seats about 10 though, so you have to call early.

A romantic restaurant near downtown is Ponte Vecchio, with a fabulous view of the city skyline and contemporary Italian menu and wines. Yum! Their number is 216-556-8200.

Or, if you like seafood there''s Blake''s in Chagrin Falls -- I think they might have a view of the falls, you''d have to ask. Their number is 440-893-9910.

Or, have you considered a drive to Amish Country? The Inn at Honey Run has a nice dining room seving comfort food with a contemporary flair, as well as VERY romantic rooms in the main lodge and the Honeycombs (rooms with fireplaces and verandas looking out on the rolling hills). They also have hiking trails around the property. They probably have a website if you''re interested.

Best of luck and you can feel free to PM me if you want to bounce around some other ideas.

35.gif
Surf

quern

Rough_Rock
Surfrgrl:

Thank you so very much for all of the help! I proposed to my new fiancee on 11/26. The day couldn''t have been better amd I really appreciated your help! Here is a recap of the evening.

We ended up taking the Santa Clause Express Cuyahoga Valley Senic Train ride in the morning and Andrea enjoyed every moment. She even ended up telling Santa what she wanted for Christmas - to be 2 carats heavier laughing the entire time she was telling him. Of course this was said in a joking manner becuase she''d have taken a bubble gum ring if that is all I had! So Santa told her that "all parties" were aware and he''d see what he could do. I totally couldn''t believe it worked out in this manner, on the day I was planning to propose! :) So we took the afternoon to do our normal activities and later that evening I picked her up to take her to dinner (of course I wouldn''t tell her where). We ended up going to "Blakes" and I must say it was the most perfect suggestion. Andrea doesn''t care for Seafood which also helped "downplay" the event that was about to take place. Here we were, at this beautiful romantic restraunt having a great dinner and she is joking around with me stating that this evening is for me becuase it''s a seafood joint (although she loved her filet)! ;-) Earlier in October I had taken her to Savannah for vacation and set up a carriage ride. I was so excited she could see that something was up. So while we are at dinner she states that she was looking for that "carriage ride look" and couldn''t see anything. I can''t believe I could hold everything back (probably nerves). :) I told her all that was left on the agenda was to go to her parents for leftover apple and pumpkin pie. She looked at me and asked if I''d even asked her dad for permission yet, which I told her I was afraid to because he''d say "no". Lilttle to her knowledge, I''d obtained permission earlier in the week. Needless to say after dinner we walked outside and she was shocked to see a horse and carriage waiting for someone... but she was even more shocked when it was for us! Here we are, in Chagrin Falls, enjoying the beautiful town lit up for the holiday season and she is a princess waving to all the passing cars! Eventually I made my move to ask and tears welled up in my eyes. She noticed this and realized she had to pay attention. After telling her how much she meant to me and how I couldn''t see living the rest of my life w/out her I reached into my pocket and pulled out a Mickey and Minney Sweathearts treasure box that contained the ring (She is a HUGE Mickey Mouse Fan). As I opened it and asked for her permission she just grabbed me and gave me a WWE syle hug! I tell you, I thought I was turning blue and I''d need to be resuscitated! She never even saw the ring! I finally got her to take off her glove so I could slip the e-ring on, and of course she said Yes! The evening couldn''t have been better.

Once again, Thanks for the suggestions! They made for the perfect evening!

Jerry

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Hurray!!! Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

This is such a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing!
Now, can we have HANDS SHOTS??!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results