shape
carat
color
clarity

Cleaning Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Due to the laws in the country I live in Sudsy Ammonia is not sold. Is there something else I can buy which does the job?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our jeweler swears by a concoction of about 1 part Mr. Clean to 3 parts water. Disclaimer is..I've never tried it, so I don't know if it works as well as he says or at all, but he says he prefers that over other home methods. Anyone else have suggested @home methods of diamond cleansing? I guess this and the ammonia methods are safe?

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I agree with your jeweler. I use Mr Clean, with 3 parts water. Works great.

CloseUp toothpaste gel works pretty good, too. The trick to cleaning any gemstone is to use a toothbrush and clean the pavilion of the stone. This gets off any "dulling" grease or grime.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No Mr Clean sold here either:((

I can buy neat ammonia just not sudsy ammonia

Is that okay to use and how many parts diluted would it need to be

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it ok to use neat ammonia, not sudsy ammonia. How many parts water would I need to dilute ammonia with if I am using it in its natural form.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it ok to use neat ammonia, not sudsy ammonia. How many parts water would I need to dilute ammonia with if I am using it in its natural form.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi pyramid :)

Try a drop or 2 of dishwashing liquid and hot water. The dishwashing liquid will do a very good job of breaking up any grease, grit, hairspray or dirt that may attach itself to the pavilion of the diamond. After letting it soak, take an old toothbrush and scrub underneath the diamond and let the bristles of the toothbrush get between and in those prongs. Apply the appropriate amount of elbow grease, rinse and that diamond will look as good as new.

Peace,
Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results