shape
carat
color
clarity

Clash de Cartier necklace

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have a Clash de Cartier necklace? What do you think about it; do you still love it? Pics please

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I am actually considering this necklace, but haven't had a chance to try it on. I would consider visiting the "other" form and see. They have a huge subforum devoted to Cartier and you may find more pics and comments. Also, try YouTube and IG. I've found reviews and pics on it. Good luck!

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
@LLJsmom thanks for the tip - the only problem is I don’t know what this other forum is! ‍ I see it alluded to many times and I gather these forum rules don’t let you refer to it by name. Any suggestions what key words I might put into a google search to produce the right result? ☺️
yes - I haven’t had a chance to try it on either. Sydney is currently in lockdown.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom thanks for the tip - the only problem is I don’t know what this other forum is! ‍ I see it alluded to many times and I gather these forum rules don’t let you refer to it by name. Any suggestions what key words I might put into a google search to produce the right result? ☺️
yes - I haven’t had a chance to try it on either. Sydney is currently in lockdown.
Do you enjoy bags? Maybe search forums that focus on bags have a wide range of subforums. :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reactions: CMN

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the pics @LLJsmom - that was so sweet of you. I am thinking about the medium (larger) size so it was fortuitous that you tried on that size.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the pics @LLJsmom - that was so sweet of you. I am thinking about the medium (larger) size so it was fortuitous that you tried on that size.

You’re welcome. It’s pretty. And it’s actually quite hefty for the super thin chain it’s on. That was a concern of mine actually. I think the chain is purposefully delicate, waaaaaayyyyyy more delicate than VCA chains that hold a much much lighter single motif pendant. I feel like if subjected to a medium strength accidental yank it could break. I asked them and of course they could say truthfully that they have never heard of any incident of breakages but this necklace has been out for what, 2 seconds? Of course they are not going to tell me, “yes, it’s delicate and the gold is heavy, be careful”. But I’m not an idiot. Nevertheless if I liked it enough I would get it. Not sure how much repair costs would be, but I doubt it would be free. I am buying it with full use of my common sense and the chain is super fine. A design flaw if you ask me. Or maybe they’re trying to skimp on gold on the chain and put it all into the clash spikes. Regardless, I do really like “non-pendant” type necklaces that are shorter. And neither VCA or Cartier have much in this style so it’s on my list, just not at the top for now. Let me know what you think when you try it on.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thanks Yssie.

I have tried this on OP and thought it was beautiful. I own the clash bangle and wear it everyday. Clash is really special and super pretty / elegant in person that doesn’t always translate as well in photos. I don’t have a photo of me wearing the necklace but to be honest the FULL clash necklace has my attention now after trying on the soft clash bracelet. That thing is stunning!

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Lockdown has ended and I hot footed it over to Cartier! I really wanted to love this necklace but I just don’t think it lookEd great on me. It might be partly because I was wearing a v neck tee but I think my collarbones don’t suit this necklace and make it sit funny. I also found the gold to be particularly yellow, I didn’t get the sense of any real rose tint to it. B4E28812-BED4-43D1-B3DB-316BCD5EA449.jpeg 7D02D2CE-843B-4252-9B36-B13225241F3D.jpeg

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Lockdown has ended and I hot footed it over to Cartier! I really wanted to love this necklace but I just don’t think it lookEd great on me. It might be partly because I was wearing a v neck tee but I think my collarbones don’t suit this necklace and make it sit funny. I also found the gold to be particularly yellow, I didn’t get the sense of any real rose tint to it. B4E28812-BED4-43D1-B3DB-316BCD5EA449.jpeg 7D02D2CE-843B-4252-9B36-B13225241F3D.jpeg

This is a late response, but I think this looks really cool on you. Did you try both sizes?

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
@FL_runner i only tried the standard (larger size) not the small as that is what was on display and I was not so interested in the small anyway.

jasonedward

Rough_Rock
You’re welcome. It’s pretty. And it’s actually quite hefty for the super thin chain it’s on. That was a concern of mine actually. I think the chain is purposefully delicate, waaaaaayyyyyy more delicate than VCA chains that hold a much much lighter single motif pendant. I feel like if subjected to a medium strength accidental yank it could break. I asked them and of course they could say truthfully that they have never heard of any incident of breakages but this necklace has been out for what, 2 seconds? Of course they are not going to tell me, “yes, it’s delicate and the gold is heavy, be careful”. But I’m not an idiot. Nevertheless if I liked it enough I would get it. Not sure how much repair costs would be, but I doubt it would be free. I am buying it with full use of my common sense and the chain is super fine. A design flaw if you ask me. Or maybe they’re trying to skimp on gold on the chain and put it all into the clash spikes. Regardless, I do really like “non-pendant” type necklaces that are shorter silver name necklace. And neither VCA or Cartier have much in this style so it’s on my list, just not at the top for now. Let me know what you think when you try it on.

I love necklaces but stopped wearing them because they would always tangle and get caught on my nape hair. I eventually had a big section pulled out! Any suggestions on how to wear necklaces without ripping out my hair?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually love Clash, I wish the rings came in yellow gold. I would absolutely get one as a stand alone band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results