shape
carat
color
clarity

Clarity?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aislingmaire

Rough_Rock
How important is clarity? Are there any good I1's out there? Do any of you dealers have a inclusion map for a diamond with an I1 clarity grading. For me this is the difference between 1/3 carat and 1/2 carat.
Thanks
JS
[email protected]:lickout:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 3/11/2002 1:39:42 AM

How important is clarity? Are there any good I1's out there? Do any of you dealers have a inclusion map for a diamond with an I1 clarity grading. For me this is the difference between 1/3 carat and 1/2 carat.
Thanks
JS
[email protected]:lickout:
----------------

There are good I1's out there. You just have to see where the inclusions are (under the table vs. near the edge where it can be covered by a prong or bezel) and have an independent appraiser check that there is no stress/strain there that can cause durability issues. Make sure that the stone is properly graded. Stick with AGS or GIA.

I remember talking to an 8* dealer who purchased a lower color I1 8* for his wife. The 8* allowed him to buy lower color since the cut is so incredible and due to the way the diamond is set (bezel), there is no way to see the inclusion.

Hope that helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results