shape
carat
color
clarity

CJD_Sako ring project

H

Horsegirl76

It turned out perfect! What a special piece.

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
It’s not tight at all, I’m just a little pudgy.
I cannot capture the level of art I see. Sako did a phenomenal job! He’s very easy to work with and easy to talk to. Quite funny as well. My heart is swelling with happiness. I get to wear my mom’s ring.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That pretty special. And especially pretty too.
Enjoy it well and savor the memories.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
*gasp*
The ENGRAVING(yes, I yelled that part) is unreal!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
It's phenomenal. Such a treasure, in more ways than one. So wonderful to follow your journey and for you to get such a beautiful memory, heirloom and work of art out of it.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
stunning! congrats!!! the detials are amazing!! looks great on the hand

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning! What a beautiful tribute to your mom-wear it in good health!!!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How lovely!

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
It's phenomenal. Such a treasure, in more ways than one. So wonderful to follow your journey and for you to get such a beautiful memory, heirloom and work of art out of it.

Thank you so very much for your beautiful words.

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
It turned out perfect! What a special piece.

That pretty special. And especially pretty too.
Enjoy it well and savor the memories.

stunning! congrats!!! the detials are amazing!! looks great on the hand

It's just beautiful and so special!

The ring is so beautiful, a work of art and love.

Absolutely stunning! What a beautiful tribute to your mom-wear it in good health!!!

How lovely!

Thank you! This turned out better than I dreamed. I’m so very glad I reached out to Sako. I guess I didn’t know I was waiting for the right talent and time to give this ring new life.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that turned out amazing. What a special piece.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! How brave you were to take a leap of faith to do something with this ring. It now has new life and is yours to add your history as well as your mom's. The work is stunning.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How could anyone not adore that ring? I'm so happy for you, @Polished1911! You've brought this precious memory of your mother back to life. <3

ETA And in case my opinion of it aesthetically wasn't clear.... It's GORGEOUS! :wavey:

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! How brave you were to take a leap of faith to do something with this ring. It now has new life and is yours to add your history as well as your mom's. The work is stunning.

Thanks! My pictures do this ring zero justice. In person it glints and flashes, quite memorizing! It took a lot for me to pull the trigger on the idea I’ve had for years to rework it. I was terrified lol

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
How could anyone not adore that ring? I'm so happy for you, @Polished1911! You've brought this precious memory of your mother back to life. <3

ETA And in case my opinion of it aesthetically wasn't clear.... It's GORGEOUS! :wavey:

Looking at your thread about your curated collection helped greatly. And @pearaffair! My bling collection is small but there’s no reason I can’t make it the best it can be. So thank you for inadvertently helping this project come to fruition.

The workmanship is truly stunning. If Sako had only done half of what he did it would have been a treasure. As is, well, in person there’s no words. I didn’t ask him to, but he left all the little dings and important scuffs intact, my mom’s battle scars. It’s perfect.

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
This. Is. Awesome.
Intentionally done - it speaks to his thoughtfulness.

Right?!?! I’ve sat with this a couple of days, admiring the craftsmanship. Last night I saw what he left intact. He could have added milgrain or a little extra carving. He gave me what I asked for, and then he gave me more, her fingerprint, her journey. Silly hunk of silver, what a life and rebirth it’s had.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right?!?! I’ve sat with this a couple of days, admiring the craftsmanship. Last night I saw what he left intact. He could have added milgrain or a little extra carving. He gave me what I asked for, and then he gave me more, her fingerprint, her journey. Silly hunk of silver, what a life and rebirth it’s had.

I love that. Perfectly imperfect, a record of a journey and two generations.

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
Fun little patina update pictures. It’s beautiful both ways. But I like the darker recessed details. I have been wearing it on a thick silver chain. My pics aren’t the best.

C68B6052-E84B-4786-90FA-BB12CF231F97.jpeg

99DC39EB-BC4A-4D50-9EBC-92746568D72B.jpeg

The meticulous detail is even more evident with the passage of time. How special!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so I am verrry late to this party :roll2: your/mum's ring looks so beautiful and I think even better now with the patina! Well done to you for giving that precious ring new life so that it can see the light of day and not be locked away in a jewellery box never to be enjoyed. I'm sure it would please your mum no end to know that you love and adore her ring as much as she did!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely thread. I’ve really enjoyed reading through and seeing this evolve. The ring is so so beautiful and is even better with the darker recessed areas in the engraving. Just wonderful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results