shape
carat
color
clarity

CJD_Sako ring project

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
First off, I’m not sure which board to put this in. My apologies if I started this in the wrong place.

This is a small, but extremely meaningful project. I have a silver band that my mother wore for almost 30 years. She rode horses and was not gentle on anything. Since her passing I’ve had her band, in a box, never enjoyed, but much loved.

I timidly reached out to Sako for help engraving it. He timidly reached out back since I did include a picture. It’s bad. He was thinking I wanted the engraving to look as it did before. It used to have a flower with flourished leaves. I know what it used to look like as a child, I even drew a terrible picture for him.

Once he realized I just wanted this ring reborn and to live on in her honor, he was so very kind, and relaxed. And excited to help me. I gave him free reign to do as he wishes. But likely it will be floral and flourishes. I included a sample of a possibility below. If the metal is thick enough he may add sapphires I sent him, it was her birthstone.

Some may be horrified I’m restoring /destroying her ring. But it just sits there.... what I’m hoping is this inspires someone.

45E40752-9798-4E81-A02C-21DE6FC6A9AE.jpeg 46BF88F7-1706-4879-B47E-C26145CA3C75.jpeg C3FE84C7-842A-4CB8-9843-7033B7969ACB.jpeg A516472E-1A11-493D-A753-BD3B9E808FC3.jpeg

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it’s a beautiful idea! You are so lucky to have something like that from your mother. Can’t wait to see the finished piece.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Really a sweet way to honor and remember your mom!❤️❤️
I‘m excited to see the completed project! Sako’s great! So easy to work with!
Please post pics as soon as you’re able to.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this idea. It's so thoughtful and lovely. I can't wait to see what he does! He is really an artist.

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
Really a sweet way to honor and remember your mom!❤️❤️
I‘m excited to see the completed project! Sako’s great! So easy to work with!
Please post pics as soon as you’re able to.

I told him that this was not a rush project, to let me know if it’ll be more than 3 months (which is still fine by me) and I expected him to have a backlog. He told me he’s working from home. Quoted me 3 weeks, give or a take a week. I was excited at that!!! But I did let him know if someone came to him with an urgent project (wedding band) it really was ok to take his time.

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
I love this idea. It's so thoughtful and lovely. I can't wait to see what he does! He is really an artist.

I LOVE seeing his work! I was so scared to come to him with a train wreck band. It’s going to be fun to show the after since I was brave and showed everyone the before.

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
I think it’s a beautiful idea! You are so lucky to have something like that from your mother. Can’t wait to see the finished piece.

My mom lead an interesting life. It’s surprising that this ring made it to the end. Mostly it’s all that’s left. I’m so glad I took these pictures because as soon as he said yes today, I all but ran to the post office. I didn’t even give it a last look. I should be ashamed lol.

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful tribute this will be! I can’t wait to see the finished ring. I love your drawing!

Oh my! My drawing is bad. I was trying to show him the shape of what the flower once was since his brain couldn’t make out what it was seeing. I don’t blame him!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So special that you are refurbishing your beloved mom’s ring! My mom’s rings are some of my absolutely favorite cherished pieces. I love his work and can’t wait to see the final results! I’m quite sure it won’t look like a spider engraving! :lol:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a lovely idea! He comes across as kind and genuine on social media so it’s good to hear that he’s the same when you deal with him. And his work is amazing - your band should be a beautiful, fitting reminder of your mum.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for making me giggle! I love your drawing!

Honestly I think this is a wonderful idea, and a way to make your mum's cherished piece into a combination of both of you. I'm sure she would be delighted that you are bringing her ring back out of its box with a new lease of life.

Looking forward to the update!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww I love this. It’s a beautiful way to honor your mom’s memory. ❤️

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
How wonderful for you to have this piece! I cant wait to see it finished! Im sure your mom would want you to love it and wear it!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How nice! Your not destroying the ring at all, but giving it a rebirth. What I am seeing is a simplified almost peony shape with lines flourishes as well (attaching a drawing). I think more abstract vs realistic floral would look nice. IMG_20200730_084626469.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to be an awesome project!

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
How nice! Your not destroying the ring at all, but giving it a rebirth. What I am seeing is a simplified almost peony shape with lines flourishes as well (attaching a drawing). I think more abstract vs realistic floral would look nice. IMG_20200730_084626469.jpg

You see it!!! The central flower did look something like that. The sides were definitely more detailed. I’m going to show this to Sako if you don’t mind. I did tell him to do as he wishes but a picture better than my bad spider helps.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's a great project (and yes, this is the right forum to discuss custom projects)! So sweet to revive a piece from your mother! I love the sample band you posted, too. Do you have any idea where that came from?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I think your mom would more than approve, she wore what she loved down to the nub and now you can do the same. There is something so very, very, beautiful in the fullness of that. I'm excited to see it and you sent it to the right place. It's in good hands. From her hand to your hand...

*Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go be misty over here for a bit.

blingthing

Shiny_Rock
It's a lovely idea and I'm sure your mom would be delighted. Looking forward to seeing the results. Sako does beautiful work

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
No idea. I wish I did. She used to travel for rodeos. My guess is it came from a small country fair by a local artist. Probably about 50 years ago.

I think it's a great project (and yes, this is the right forum to discuss custom projects)! So sweet to revive a piece from your mother! I love the sample band you posted, too. Do you have any idea where that came from?

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your kind words. I’m joining you with the misty eyes. I don’t have much jewelry but I’m trying to fully enjoy and appreciate what I have. And this project I think needed to be done.

I think your mom would more than approve, she wore what she loved down to the nub and now you can do the same. There is something so very, very, beautiful in the fullness of that. I'm excited to see it and you sent it to the right place. It's in good hands. From her hand to your hand...

*Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go be misty over here for a bit.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cant wait to see what he creates in honor of your Mom. Changing it doesnt make you feel any different. Its still something your Mom wore and loved
for many years and that will stay with you. I think its a wonderful idea and I'm sure Mom would agree.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results