shape
carat
color
clarity

Chunky moissanite cushion and Daniel M project

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'm starting a new project with Daniel M to make a setting for this pretty moissanite OMC cushion I bought on LT several months ago. It's a 7.5 x 7.5 (approx 2 ct?) G-H stone. It shows a Maltese cross in some lighting. Not a disco ball stone, the dispersion is more diamondlike. It surprises me how much variety is apparent in moissanites. I have had others that had an unpleasant plastic appearance.

Dan is going to create a double claw yellow gold knife edge setting. Another gold solitaire. I wear the .82 yellow gold solitaire more than my 1+ ct old OMC platinum halo. I think I am a solitaire girl at heart.
I sent an inspiration picture with a tulip/lotus type basket for a start, but it did not have double prongs or a knife edge.

This is fun - I can't wait to see what he cooks up. I will definitely need help with cads - I don't know how to read them.

Edit: I hate when I stop and start a post a few times and repeat myself like a parrot, then drop down a paragraph and start over. I am not day drinking.

7.5 x 7.5.jpg 20201023_114106 (002).jpg 20201023_153639.jpg

Last edited:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like your project will turn out amazingly! That stone looks so beautiful!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Looks like your project will turn out amazingly! That stone looks so beautiful!

Thanks MeowMeow. I've heard so much good about Daniel M. He was delightful to chat with and very helpful so far.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
I'm starting a new project with Daniel M to make a setting for this pretty moissanite OMC cushion I bought on LT several months ago. It's a 7.5 x 7.5 (approx 2 ct?) G-H stone. It shows a Maltese cross in some lighting. Not a disco ball stone, the dispersion is more diamondlike. It surprises me how much variety is apparent in moissanites. I have had others that had an unpleasant plastic appearance.

Dan is going to create a double claw yellow gold knife edge setting. Another gold solitaire. I wear the .82 yellow gold solitaire more than my 1+ ct old OMC platinum halo. I think I am a solitaire girl at heart.
I sent an inspiration picture with a tulip/lotus type basket for a start, but it did not have double prongs or a knife edge.

This is fun - I can't wait to see what he cooks up. I will definitely need help with cads - I don't know how to read them.

Edit: I hate when I stop and start a post a few times and repeat myself like a parrot, then drop down a paragraph and start over. I am not day drinking.

7.5 x 7.5.jpg 20201023_114106 (002).jpg 20201023_153639.jpg

Lovely! A very special stone!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Cads are in (and boy, was that fast!)> He advised that the CADS are chunkier than the final product will look, and the claws will be nice and pointy.

icm_fullxfull.292704587_bmb3nn6sy8oc840s4ckg.jpg
icm_fullxfull.288462454_cl4wcd1qzg8wowswocwg.jpg
icm_fullxfull.288462508_7w9yujjgsbokwsgs4cos.jpg

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I love the prongs and the way they are hugging the stone.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love the prongs and the way they are hugging the stone.

Thanks Tartansparkles - One of the things I love about a solitaire is the triangular shape from the base. That "ringpop" silhouette is so feminine. I also have a huge love of a clean knife edge band. I look forward to see this ring!

I am thrilled with Daniel M on etsy. He is a careful listener and translator of wishes.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
A very exciting project, can't wait to see the ring. I myself am thinking of having my next ring being done with Daniel M.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
A very exciting project, can't wait to see the ring. I myself am thinking of having my next ring being done with Daniel M.

He is so intent in his understanding the project and the "feel". He had these CADS back super quick and he invited feedback to tweak anything I wanted. I'm very happy with his service and have enjoyed seeing his finished projects for others.

I look forward to seeing your ring project, Musia.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
really pretty facets on that stone - and lovely designs!

I will echo your experience Daniel M - he has been such a pleasure to work with so far! I have two pendants being made now and it's been such smooth sailing and then some

So excited to see how this turns out for you!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
really pretty facets on that stone - and lovely designs!

I will echo your experience Daniel M - he has been such a pleasure to work with so far! I have two pendants being made now and it's been such smooth sailing and then some

So excited to see how this turns out for you!

Thanks @Cerulean ...How exciting, I'd love to see the pendants when they are done. I'm happy your experience has been similar.

I should add: he doesnt know about this thread.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Cerulean ...How exciting, I'd love to see the pendants when they are done. I'm happy your experience has been similar.

I should add: he doesnt know about this thread.

Happy to share!

I don’t think he knows I’m on PS either. It hadn’t come up.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh that is lovely! I’m excited to see handshots

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s gorgeous!

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Great design to show off such a pretty stone!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! I will be sure to share pictures when it comes.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Oh its here, it's here!!!! I'm happy with it.

20201113_134731.jpg 20201113_134715.jpg 20201113_134827.jpg

Attachments

• 20201113_133422.jpg
    20201113_133422.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 25

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
20201113_133540.jpg

And another picture :). Hubby and I were looking at it and noticed this has a glassier look than diamond. I am wondering if that's a moissy thing, a larger stone thing, or is it a slightly leaky stone? Just nerding out - if anyone knows?

MeowMeow - THANK YOU :) Hey, not too expensive - you can join me :)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful! I love the faceting and the classic setting and band. Gorgeous. Enjoy!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I love the subtle prong swoop on the basket. Love the detailing. It's fantastic:love:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
20201113_133540.jpg

And another picture :). Hubby and I were looking at it and noticed this has a glassier look than diamond. I am wondering if that's a moissy thing, a larger stone thing, or is it a slightly leaky stone? Just nerding out - if anyone knows?

Haha I will eventually >.< a French cut moissanite band is still a dream of mine.

For your question though my experience with looking at larger moissy IS that it looks less diamond like to me :( Especially in round shapes. I found that cushions up to 7.5 still looked good to me. Anything above it seemed funky. The limit was 7mm with round moissanite :/ Your cushion still looks pretty to me though!! Could it be the patterning?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
20201113_133540.jpg

I had a rose cut moissy in a CvB ring once that was kind of glassy. It was from Harro, I think. I tend to think that once they get to a certain size and in certain cuts, they can look glassier than a diamond. That's why I think that it is more of a substitute, rather than an alternative. They perform and look differently to me. I prefer moissy for earrings.

So, that said I don't think that what your stone is doing is unusual.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the kind comments!

Haha I will eventually >.< a French cut moissanite band is still a dream of mine.

For your question though my experience with looking at larger moissy IS that it looks less diamond like to me :( Especially in round shapes. I found that cushions up to 7.5 still looked good to me. Anything above it seemed funky. The limit was 7mm with round moissanite :/ Your cushion still looks pretty to me though!! Could it be the patterning?

This is 7.5, so right on the cusp. Thank you. Yes, it could be the patterning. It only shows sometimes and is not objectionable, just different.

I had a rose cut moissy in a CvB ring once that was kind of glassy. It was from Harro, I think. I tend to think that once they get to a certain size and in certain cuts, they can look glassier than a diamond. That's why I think that it is more of a substitute, rather than an alternative. They perform and look differently to me. I prefer moissy for earrings.

So, that said I don't think that what your stone is doing is unusual.

Thanks elizat. It seems that your experience along with meow-meow's helps me to understand it is just part of owning a moissy. CvB...how dreamy! I'm a huge fan.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock

This is 7.5, so right on the cusp. Thank you. Yes, it could be the patterning. It only shows sometimes and is not objectionable, just different.

Thanks elizat. It seems that your experience along with meow-meow's helps me to understand it is just part of owning a moissy. CvB...how dreamy! I'm a huge fan.

I'm just so glad you still like it! I think moissanite is such a pretty stone too!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'm just so glad you still like it! I think moissanite is such a pretty stone too!

I still do think it is pretty.I appreciate your thoughts. I bet that is why so many get a moissy and turn around and sell it. It is not exactly like a diamond.

Last edited:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock

I own a 9mm unenhanced round moissy & it has never looked glassy IMG_3101.JPG

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results