carat
color
clarity

Chrome tourmaline?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone

I'm in Bangkok now and am checking out the gem stores.

This chrome tourmaline is offered at just under us$100.

Deal? Bargain? Or miss?

Thanks for reading and your inputs :)

20180727_191748.jpg 20180727_191741.jpg 20180727_191731.jpg 20180727_182629.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it very dark?

I remember one of the Davies having a bigger precision cut one for around $300. Pic looked REALLY good but I never asked about it though as something about it made me think it would look dark.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sorry it's the last pic. Not sure why the cuprian pix are included. yes. Dark.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn't look very good! And you're not a green maniac so what on earth would you do with it!

Is it green in real life or just dark????

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dark green irl

Coz just to collect??

I love green gems however I’d pass on this one. I think just the fact you are on here asking about it means you’re not really sold on it. Even though it’s not very expensive I think you could put that $ towards something you really really like & find a better specimen for your collection.

I'd pass on this one too. Do you want it just to have a chrome tourmaline? Or is it actually interesting enough to you that even if you just take it out of your jewelry box and play around with it now and then, you'd be satisfied?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love green gems however I’d pass on this one. I think just the fact you are on here asking about it means you’re not really sold on it. Even though it’s not very expensive I think you could put that $ towards something you really really like & find a better specimen for your collection.

I'd pass on this one too. Do you want it just to have a chrome tourmaline? Or is it actually interesting enough to you that even if you just take it out of your jewelry box and play around with it now and then, you'd be satisfied?

Pass. this is not green enough. Well let me back up. Buy if you want to collect as a "specimin" . At least a blue modifier and not yellowed.

With Chrome tourmaline you want a deep green but not one thats black. And you want vibrant as you can get.
https://www.africagems.com/round-chrome-tourmaline-ja-3829.html
http://www.palagems.com/tourmaline-buying-guide/ scroll down near the bottom of the page.

Thank you! I wasn't specifically looking for 1. Just that it was among what the trader had in stock.

Will heed the advice and pass on it. Thanks for responding to my queries :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results