shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas Bracelet from Kojima

iLander

Ideal_Rock
My DH got me a wonderful bracelet from Sarah at Kojima! :appl:

He was supposed to pick either the golden earrings from Jose at TP.biz or the bracelet from Sarah, but he decided to get both, which is why I married him. :D

I love the colors of all the different Tahitian pearls, and I spend way too much time looking at it and playing with it! It's from her new line of Bohemian bracelets, which are very casual and unpretentious. http://shop.kojimapearl.com/collections/pearl-bracelets The particular one my DH bought was removed off the site very quickly, but it was described as "Silver Tahitians in various colors", or something like that. As a point of reference, the photo on the site was slightly lighter than the pearls in RL.

I ADORE the bluest pearl! I am seriously considering a necklace of just silver and shades of blue tahitians, to add to my life "want it" list. :cheeky: Oddly, I don't really care for the peacock tahitians, I know a lot of people like those, but they are not the thing for me.

It's on elastic stretchy cord, and I'm conflicted on that; I love that I can take it on and off without help, and I know it will be a godsend when I am old and arthritic. Also, it does bother me a little that the crimp tube is just there, and not covered with a crimp cover. I'm thinking of getting a crimp cover myself and putting it on. Because of the elastic, it sits nice and high on my wrist, and doesn't slip around, which annoys me with other bracelets. I'm also not staring at a clasp all day, which is how most of my bracelets tend to rotate.

Also, these pearls are really very nice, and I kind of feel like they should be knotted to give them some separation. I could send it back to Sarah and ask her to knot them, or I could have my DD knot them. Or should I just leave it? Elastic or knotted? What do you think? :?:

They are 9-10 mm pearls, my wrist is that of a size 4 person, if anyone needs scale. Please no counting the rings (wrinkles) on my wrist, I am not a tree. :lol:

bracelet1.jpg

bracelet2.jpg

bracelet3.jpg

bracelet4.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
iLander,
I believe when I saw those bracelets on her site, yours was the prettiest of them all with more silvery pearls. Congratulations on getting both items. BTW, blue is pretty rare.

It's odd the crimp is there and can scratch the pearls. I wonder why she did not knot the end and use the drop pearl's finding to hide the knot. I have knotted my bracelets with elastic and knotted in b/t pearls in case it snaps. Yep, I love elastic bracelets. I am with you about the clasp rotating to the top of the wrist. But I leave them as is to lengthen my necklaces which have the same clasp size. I wish I can come up with a solution that lets me use the bracelet as necklace extender and easy to slip on.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very nice bracelet. It looks like it would go well with my silver Tahitian mixed color necklace from Sarah. Yes, you definitely need a such a necklace on your wish list. I'll have to put goldens onto mine. :cheeky:

I am wondering about the stretch bracelet. I'm thinking it might be rather nice for the reasons you mention. Convenient to put on and off, and it wouldn't flip or strike objects as much. I'm hoping that you will leave it as is for the time being, and give us a report on how you are liking it in a few months. In the meantime, perhaps Sarah will make up another one that will go along with my new necklace by the time of my birthday in March. :wavey:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i too love the blue one! and like you not too much into peacock pearls......

while i like the elastic and appreciate the convenience and fit it gives you, my worry for me because i'm rather hard on things is that it would break and i'd lose one of those beauties. i'd want them knoted. but that's me.

MoZo

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely colors in the bracelet Ilander, It is just beautiful! Your dh sounds like such a gem.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom|1293468016|2807017 said:
iLander,
I believe when I saw those bracelets on her site, yours was the prettiest of them all with more silvery pearls. Congratulations on getting both items. BTW, blue is pretty rare.

It's odd the crimp is there and can scratch the pearls. I wonder why she did not knot the end and use the drop pearl's finding to hide the knot. I have knotted my bracelets with elastic and knotted in b/t pearls in case it snaps. Yep, I love elastic bracelets. I am with you about the clasp rotating to the top of the wrist. But I leave them as is to lengthen my necklaces which have the same clasp size. I wish I can come up with a solution that lets me use the bracelet as necklace extender and easy to slip on.

I don't know either, the drop would have been best on the crimp. I would move it, but it's soldered. . .

I like the extender idea very much! :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1293468121|2807023 said:
Very nice bracelet. It looks like it would go well with my silver Tahitian mixed color necklace from Sarah. Yes, you definitely need a such a necklace on your wish list. I'll have to put goldens onto mine. :cheeky:

I am wondering about the stretch bracelet. I'm thinking it might be rather nice for the reasons you mention. Convenient to put on and off, and it wouldn't flip or strike objects as much. I'm hoping that you will leave it as is for the time being, and give us a report on how you are liking it in a few months. In the meantime, perhaps Sarah will make up another one that will go along with my new necklace by the time of my birthday in March. :wavey:

I am STILL jeolous of your necklace, young lady! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1293469488|2807037 said:
i too love the blue one! and like you not too much into peacock pearls......

while i like the elastic and appreciate the convenience and fit it gives you, my worry for me because i'm rather hard on things is that it would break and i'd lose one of those beauties. i'd want them knoted. but that's me.

MoZo

I'm with you on the blues! A strand of silvers and shades of blue? Mmmmmm. . . .

HHP Mom mentioned knotting elastic, maybe that's the solution. . .

iLander

Ideal_Rock
artdecogirl|1293480761|2807206 said:
Lovely colors in the bracelet Ilander, It is just beautiful! Your dh sounds like such a gem.

Thanks, artdecogirl! :wavey:

He is my TRUE treasure, I have to say . . .

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
lovely pearls. not a fan of the dangle though. Enemy of the crimp. needs knot. remove dangle, use it as a pendant. or get a second that matched and use as ear ring jackets

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
iLander, I mentioned in another post that I had recently asked Kojima to make me a Tahitian bracelet. I didn't mention the reason, though. And the reason is, because I saw this one (yours, I now know) on the website, went to buy it and noticed it had sold out already. I wondered who ended up with it! And I am 100% with you on the colouring of the pearls - that's 100% of the reason why I loved it. I prefer light Tahitians to dark as well. Even asked Jose what the odds were of having a bracelet made exclusively of pearls the same (ish) colour as the 3rd pearl from the left in this pic:

tnpd.jpg

Anyway, your husband is a gem (a gem quality husband, ha ha) and wear that beautiful bracelet knowing you have my great envy.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Love your bracelet, I would like a platinum blue Tahitian necklace someday.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful bracelet! Congrats!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty! Love the colors in your bracelet! :love:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1293501260|2807518 said:
lovely pearls. not a fan of the dangle though. Enemy of the crimp. needs knot. remove dangle, use it as a pendant. or get a second that matched and use as ear ring jackets

Hi, VL! I love that; "enemy of the crimp". :lol:

I like the dangle, it gives it a casual, whimsical look, at least that's how I'm feeling it. I'm not sure a knot will hold properly, actually, so I think a crimp is a good way to go. I really only object to the crimp being uncovered. I will probably just cover it myself with a crimp cover finding.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
whitehotblank|1293514236|2807680 said:
iLander, I mentioned in another post that I had recently asked Kojima to make me a Tahitian bracelet. I didn't mention the reason, though. And the reason is, because I saw this one (yours, I now know) on the website, went to buy it and noticed it had sold out already. I wondered who ended up with it! And I am 100% with you on the colouring of the pearls - that's 100% of the reason why I loved it. I prefer light Tahitians to dark as well. Even asked Jose what the odds were of having a bracelet made exclusively of pearls the same (ish) colour as the 3rd pearl from the left in this pic:

tnpd.jpg

Anyway, your husband is a gem (a gem quality husband, ha ha) and wear that beautiful bracelet knowing you have my great envy.

Hi WHB! :wavey:
So, don't leave us hanging; what did Jose say about the sky blue pearls bracelet? Lordy, I imagine it would take years, and serious cash to put together a bracelet like that! :love:

"Gem quality" :lol:

I passed some of these nice comments on to my DH and he said "I am liking this forum thing!".

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, LG, :wavey: magreve, :wavey: Danny! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results