shape
carat
color
clarity

Chopard

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter was drawing in her sketchbook today and said she thought I would like her drawing. She had seen an ad for a Chopard watch in a Vogue magazine and decided to draw it. I am not sure if the picture I am attaching will be big enough to show the detail, but it is really good! :praise: I am thinking this girl may need to go into jewelry design!

watchAGC.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamondseeker, she does!!! that is beautiful!!!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, DS. I am impressed!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Maybe she should start of her new career by doing some drawings for us PS'ers who want custom, but are simply too design challenged to convey the dream!!! :lol: :saint: :bigsmile:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
or even art work for jewelry lovers who would love to frame something like this on their wall!!! :love: :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's beautifully done diamondseeker!! Your daughter is talented! :appl:

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
That is awesome DS! I've always wanted to buy a print like that and have looked on Etsy on and off!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW. That's incredible. Lots of talent to be explored there!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! She is a sweet child with such talent! And it certainly doesn't come from me because she is our youngest who was adopted from China. It just amazes me that she can do that, and I appreciate your allowing me to share!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your daughter is very talented... :appl: i can recognize from her drawing that the watch is call "Chopard Happy Sport Chrono"

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1325397721|3092729 said:
Your daughter is very talented... :appl: i can recognize from her drawing that the watch is call "Chopard Happy Sport Chrono"

I knew I could count on you to name the watch, DF! :bigsmile:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
wow, she certainly has the talent for it!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your daughter's drawing is amazing and she has very good taste!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She has great talent, DS! I love love love that watch and would love to own it. Won't happen, but I would love it.

A couple of my boys are very talented in drawing as well. Don't you find the things they draw to be some of your greatest treasures? I keep them forever. I had one drawing of our dog Maxx framed and hung it on a wall. I hope you have a few things that your DD has drawn that you can do that with.

Give her a hug and tell her that everyone her thinks she has fabulous talent!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! She's incredibly talented, DS!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome drawing! :-o you have quite the talented artist in the family ! What a unique artistic idea Skippy had... Art for jewelry lovers.... Hmmmmm :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all! I do want to show her the thread because I think it will be an encouragement for her! I will tell you that a very sweet PSer sent her a box full of Vogues, and I think it will be very beneficial to help her see fine clothing and jewelry as she is interested in design in general. I do think she made a good choice of the Chopard watch!

luv2sparkle...oddly I have not framed any of her artwork yet. That is bad, I know. She does have a little watercolor that she did when she was about 12 that I really need to frame, but she hasn't done any painting lately. She is very interested in origami and kirigami (paper cutting), so she doesn't draw all the time. Here is that one and another one she did at the same time. And she won't be happy that I am posting these since she thinks they aren't very good, but I think they were great for a 12 year old who was just learning watercolor. (These are just in cheap frames for an art show.)

047.JPG

048.JPG

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, very wonderful! :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your daughter did those watercolors when she was 12!?! Wow, they're wonderful - watercolor is a difficult medium, she did a beautiful job on those! I hope she continues with her artwork ds, she's very talented!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto Junebug!!! 12 years old??? those are AMAZING watercolours!!! Wow ---- I'm blown away! She's a very talented girl - design would be the perfect thing for her. Embrace that talent - try all sorts of medium and find the one that makes your heart sing. Go girl, go!!!! WOW!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loooooove Chopard! I can't believe what a fabulous job she did capturing the look with that sketch! She really is talented, ds! When I was in high school I toyed wth the idea of applying to art school. In high school, when I took art as a major subject in my sophomore year, I remember drawing everything in pencil. I had hundreds of pictures of shoes (since they were always around to sketch) and my own feet! Then I got a rapidograph pen! That was the height of technology back then!

I aspired, but I never had the talent to be one of the real, serious art students. Your daughter does if she chooses to go that way. I may not be able to sketch it myself, but I sure can spot it! Way to go, diamondseeker's daughter!!!!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I'm amazed at your daughter's talent, diamondseeker - absolutely incredible :love:

Oh, yes, Skippy (?) has a great entrepreneurial idea, but whether she'd be interested in doing jewellery artwork for PS'ers would be entirely up to her ( and you, DS) :appl: :wavey:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondseeker, I think the watercolors she did are amazing! It is beyond belief that she did those at 12 years old. I have seen many
watercolors for sale that are not as lovely as those! She is so very very talented. I hope that she keeps doing her art even as a hobby she
could sell them. You should put her in contact with MissyDebby-she sells her art and does quite well. I think she is back in the states now.

Truly, an amazing talent. Whatever medium she decides to go into, I am sure she will be wildly successful at it. The girl has a gift!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dear friends, your kind words mean so much to me! It brings a few tears to my eyes thinking about where this child came from. She will have opportunities to use her gifts here that she would have never had there. I am very blessed and thankful that we have her in our family!

Having zero art talent myself, I really need to do some research and find out what training opportunities are out there after high school that would allow her to use her art talent. Jewelry design would be such a dream, but probably impossible to find a job. She might even enjoy learning to make jewelry, which would be wonderful, too. That she could use anywhere. I just need to talk to someone who knows more about art related careers that actually provide income. If I were on the west coast, I'd take her to visit Maytal Hannah.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1325461402|3093106 said:
Having zero art talent myself, I really need to do some research and find out what training opportunities are out there after high school that would allow her to use her art talent. Jewelry design would be such a dream, but probably impossible to find a job. She might even enjoy learning to make jewelry, which would be wonderful, too. That she could use anywhere. I just need to talk to someone who knows more about art related careers that actually provide income.

Does she have to work in an area relating to jewelry?

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/25838206/Top-Ten-Careers-in-Art-and-Design

Deb
:saint:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, she is open to anything related to having great visual-motor skills! She can cut her own hair and I think would be great as a stylist, but I hate to see her not use the art talent in another way. Of course, this is me talking, and it will be up to her to choose!

Thanks for that link, Deb! I don't think she'd be interested in web design or video game design, but she is really great at animation and could probably do well with graphic design. I don't see her doing interior design really. Oh, you know, she loves the show Cake Boss, and has even said she might like to do that! And she would be good at it! Not sure if there are many places like that, though! I am the one thinking about something related to jewelry because as a child she collected anything sparkly! Using creativity to make something that would be enduring would seem really rewarding to me. But we'd have to learn more about the options so she can have information on which to base a decision. She has 2.5 years left of high school, so we need to start exploring now.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dear friends, your kind words mean so much to me! It brings a few tears to my eyes thinking about where this child came from. She will have opportunities to use her gifts here that she would have never had there. I am very blessed and thankful that we have her in our family!

Having zero art talent myself, I really need to do some research and find out what training opportunities are out there after high school that would allow her to use her art talent. Jewelry design would be such a dream, but probably impossible to find a job. She might even enjoy learning to make jewelry, which would be wonderful, too. That she could use anywhere. I just need to talk to someone who knows more about art related careers that actually provide income. If I were on the west coast, I'd take her to visit Maytal Hannah.

Diamond Seeker, I don't agree. Here in the Bay Area we have the Revere Academy and it's graduates are very sought after (one of the best in the country for what it trains). They offer a LOT of classes in CAD design and jewelry design and manufacturing.

While it is true the the most sought after graduates combine design skills combined with enough technical know how and experience to be able to determine (on their own) when a design is possible from a manufacturing perspective, straight design skills are also in a good position to find positions. Her sketching skills would be valuable as well.

Is she one who just copies things, or does she use her imagination to create as well? That's a crucial difference.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow DS, she is really talented!!! I have a hard time drawing stick people so the fact she has that kind of talent and skill is very impressive!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't draw to save my life! I am always impressed with someone who can draw but especially someone so young! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1325465618|3093151 said:

Diamond Seeker, I don't agree. Here in the Bay Area we have the Revere Academy and it's graduates are very sought after (one of the best in the country for what it trains). They offer a LOT of classes in CAD design and jewelry design and manufacturing.

While it is true the the most sought after graduates combine design skills combined with enough technical know how and experience to be able to determine (on their own) when a design is possible from a manufacturing perspective, straight design skills are also in a good position to find positions. Her sketching skills would be valuable as well.

Is she one who just copies things, or does she use her imagination to create as well? That's a crucial difference.

This is great to know, Gypsy! Thanks! She is very creative and can think up her own designs, although I can't say that she has tried designing jewelry yet! I am glad to know about Revere Academy, and someone mentioned to me that there is supposed to be some kind of jewelry school in TN that Leon recommends. I think we just need these kinds of leads so we can get information for her to look through.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, MrsS and Maisie! :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results